Dynadot

Last night was my prom!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
So, last night between 7:30 and 12:00 I was at a prom. It was quite fun - but I'm sure I would have enjoyed it more if I didn't develop a splitting headache about an hour into it. Of course, all the boys looked pretty much the same (aren't male formal suits boring?), but there was a wide variety of dress styles and colours amongst the girls. Turquoise seemed a popular colour for some reason.
There was food! The starter was this strange salad thing with prawns. I don't like prawns so I picked at the salad... The main course was a strange rubbery chicken/potato thing with cheap-tasting gravy, and the dessert was a lovely chocolate cake that was perfect in every way. So the meal (except the dessert) was pretty bad.
There was loud and bad music, that everyone else seemed to like for some strange reason, played constantly and the DJ seemed a little enthusiastic with the strobe light. I'd say that that was what caused my headache. I was dragged (read: carried) on to the dancefloor a few times, but managed to escape luckily. A few girls in my class danced at me (I didn't want to dance 'with', so it was more 'at') but gave up.
There were balloons filled with helium galore! I apparently have a very funny helium-voice, it certainly sounded very high pitched and unlike my normal voice to me. I think I went through three or four balloons.
I was nominated Most Likely To Be The Next Stephen Spielberg, and won a clapper. I'm not really sure what to do with it though. Might donate it to the theatre at school...

Oh, and as if all that wasn't enough, I got my photo taken with Fiona (girl I find incredibly attractive) :red:
As soon as the photographer sticks it on his incredibly cheap-looking website, I'll post a link. If he forgets, I'll try to scan it again - when I tried earlier it went all shiny and awful.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Photo from the photographers cheap-looking website :red:

280608-123.jpg

•••
omg.omg.
my last prom was the best. My partner is my boyfriend and that night was our monthsary.
=o

•••
ahh isn't it great to be a freshman :P

well, i guess im closer to being a sophomore now, but I still have a while :p

•••
I've never really been sure what a freshman is... Why do you Americans have to complicate things? Just use a simple system like this: You start in Year 1, finish in Year 11, and your age is what year you're in + 5. It's much easier than what you have :p

•••
:p

9th grade is a freshman

10th is sophomore

you make a good point though.
but 9-12 only have names, because its high school.

•••
I remember prom days... I was more focused on dancing with my date than the food in the corner and staying away from the dance floor. Trust me, you'll have more fun. ;)

•••
Jake said:
:p

9th grade is a freshman

10th is sophomore

you make a good point though.
but 9-12 only have names, because its high school.
I've been wikipediaing, and your school system still confuses me :p
I am now 16, and have left school - yet in America I would have two more years to go? I am now going to college for two years, followed by university. Simple.

•••
Yea, you and i are the same age.
I still have 3 years of school due to me being lazy. So normally thats correct.
Your college is like our last two years of high school and your university is like our colleges.

Its very odd i know.

•••
•••
I'm a sophomore there.

Senior here.

:bingo:

•••
I find the UK system is dumb. The USA system makes so much more sense. If I lived in the UK I'd be going to college but instead I'm going to be a junior :P Oh well. Glad to see you had a "good time". :P

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back