NameSilo

Let's make Moneybookers account everyone!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Ok here is the deal. I am one of those users who can't use Paypal since it doesn't work in the country I am in (I am sick and tired of this). Which means 90% of the time I won't be able to sell/purchase domain since most users only use Paypal.
So I am saying to those Paypal users, why don't you also open a Moneybookers account? It's free and works like Paypal plus it is acceptable in 242 countries (including North Korea...yeah!!) instead of just 190 which Paypal supports.
Moneybookers is a leading international online payment system and electronic money issuer authorised under UK and EU law and regulated by the Financial Services Authority (FSA) in the UK.
So you are not losing anything....use Paypal when the other party has Paypal but please open a Moneybookers account also!!!!!!!

Plus there are no charge backs which means from seller point of view you are safe unlike Paypal where the other party can charge back even after an year of transaction!!

So go ahead and make Moneybookers account and make everyone's life easier

/end of rant

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I'm a big fan of Moneybookers as well and it'd sure be nice if more people used it. The chargeback protection (note: not on credit cards unless you negotiate that with them and it will be at a higher fee) alone is well worth considering creating an account.

•••
Unfortunately, Moneybookers doesn't support payments between US citizens and citizens of other countries. That's a show-stopper for those who have US bank accounts like myself and for those who sell to end-users based in the US. If it weren't for this shortcoming I'd totally switch to Moneybookers.

•••
JoshuaPz said:
Unfortunately, Moneybookers doesn't support payments between US citizens and citizens of other countries. That's a show-stopper for those who have US bank accounts like myself and for those who sell to end-users based in the US. If it weren't for this shortcoming I'd totally switch to Moneybookers.

Can you elaborate this point as I didn't understand.

My main point about MB is, use it as an alternative when Paypal is not an option.
So if both buyer and seller have Paypal then go for it BUT if one party doesn't have Paypal they can always use MB. Keep it as second option if Paypal is not available.

Last edited:
•••
aliweb said:
Can you elaborate this point as I didn't understand.

My main point about MB is, use it as an alternative when Paypal is not an option.
So if both buyer and seller have Paypal then go for it BUT if one party doesn't have Paypal they can always use MB. Keep it as second option if Paypal is not available.

Moneybookers can't be used to send payments from the US to other countries, or from other countries, to the US. Only from other countries to other countries.

•••
JoshuaPz said:
Moneybookers can't be used to send payments from the US to other countries, or from other countries, to the US. Only from other countries to other countries.

You mean to say that if we both live in USA and we both have MB then I can't send you money through MB? Sorry just confused so clearing up.

•••
aliweb said:
You mean to say that if we both live in USA and we both have MB then I can't send you money through MB? Sorry just confused so clearing up.

Not only that. If either the buyer OR the seller lives in the USA, MB won't work.

•••
JoshuaPz said:
Not only that. If either the buyer OR the seller lives in the USA, MB won't work.

This is really strange. Any idea as to why it's like that? I mean it defeats the whole purpose of what MB is for. If they do not allow transactions between US users then why are they allowing signup from USA?

•••
No one recommended me about the mb

so i am using paypal ...Lets hope for the best just signed up in MB

-Sri

•••
adda4u said:
No one recommended me about the mb

so i am using paypal ...Lets hope for the best just signed up in MB

-Sri

Recomended A+++ Service :sold: :hehe:

•••
MB's single shortcoming is the one Joshua told about.
In general tarifs of MB are a way better IMO

Last edited:
•••
I have had a money bookers for a year if not more now, just for a few odd transactions. It has been pretty good but nothing spectacular, and the forthcomings mentioned above are a little worrying.

•••
I use MB and they are great! Low fees, and when i withdraw to my bank account, money comes in 2 days! What is really fast! All good words for MB

•••
I have also the problem like aliweb,have only MB(my country have no paypal agreement) and use MB(most of the people use paypal and on the start you have a hendikep), MB is a very good service but didn't know that US citizen have no option to recieve/send money to other countries,really strange.
To dealing without paypal on forum is not easy but one option that you have is accepting NP$ and use it for whatever you want(buying,registering,services etc.),you will not have real money in your hand after for example selling a domain(talking about lower prices,for higher you can use escrow or find a other way) but NP$(very useful) are also good when you have not paypal but this can be maybe also resolved if NP forum in future give the option to exchange(buy/sell) in bank NP$ using MB,i don't know if this is technically possible.
regards
Ron

•••
I am hearing conflicting reports about MB not working in USA. Some say it works, some say you cannot send money, some say you cannot even register. But one senior member on DNF is saying that he has been using it for years with out problem. And he just logged into his account, so may be now they have allowed!?
Somebody from USA needs to check it.

•••
Never really used it...no idea what their seller / buyer protection policies are like though so wouldn't even consider it.

PayPal and Protx is the way forward, despite PayPal's criminal fees for us business account owners.

•••
you guys can try epassporte, I use that as well as paypal ! I send and receive within the US and other countries. I have no issues with it, and money is almost instant. epassporte.com

Hope this helps.

•••
If I ever come across such an issue, I might consider it.

I have never heard of Moneybookers until recently.
The website doesn't look particularly official.
Guess they're going for the minimalistic look.

I think I would look to Google CheckOut as the next alternative to PayPal.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back