IT.COM

LLLLL.com (5 Letter) Sales and discussion thread

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

GlobalDomainer

Account Closed
Impact
Hi guys,

Like anyone of you, I am always searching for new trends. For the last 18 months I went really deep into the LLLL. I placed my bets, and now only have to wait for all them 4 letters to be :sold:

So I was thinking. What would be a nice new niche for me to get into? My answer after some thinking and testing is actually quite simple. I decided to invest in quality LLLLL coms. I know I know, it is not actually a new trend and not really a niche. But I tell you, these 5 letter domains can become big business in some time :imho:

Why? Because quality 5 letter domains are extremely brandable. Lots of startups there looking for a brandable short name, especially the web 2.0 based ones. Quality 5 letter domains generate also natural type in traffic as I experienced myself. And ofcourse, it is dotcom based, the only safe bet you can make I believe.

I also believe that not all 5 letter dotcoms will be sold shortly, maybe they will never be. You really need to have quality names. But that is also a question I have for you. What is a quality name in this niche?

So maybe we can make this thread a bit sticky and share thoughts and experiences in developing this part of the domain market.

Oh yeah, just to share this with you. I recently acquired sygar, lyned, jebia, sebod, pifab, pobit, samau and penep.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
I know Im late here , but here are a couple I own
BAVIA
LORPA
OREPO
LAGOLY
PULKO
OSOKI
EFEXO

Got around a 100 more, but these are the best I guess..

•••
Bavia is a typo of Bravia a tm by Sony.

•••
I wouldnt ttake it as a TM, but It could get some free traffic definitely.
Its a great brandable I believe

•••
I got 3 names that I am keeping
1. Krubs.com (highest earner on parking on my portfolio):$:
2. Whife.com :?:
3. FockU.com (No need further details on it I suppose).:D

•••
I have:

D o n s i
L e e f o
G a m z o
U g r e e

•••
My only 5-letter domains are gudgy and rpa4u (RPA is Remote Piloted Aircraft). Both are dot coms.

•••
buake - meaningless in Japanese, but passes to be brandable with the alphabet

•••
I got

ciiqo.com
yocid.com

5 letters
brandable,
pronounceable

•••
•••
What do you think about OnDue.com ? Does it worth something ?

•••
I have ZACIC and CYPIL all .com

•••
I have pizzi.com - it's 16 years old and has been taken good care of. No scratches.

•••
•••
Regd one B2B and Cloud related 5L name, after reading some articles saying that cloud computing will be big within the B2B services industry:

B2BCS dot COM

I intended it as an acronym for one of these:
B2B Cloud Solutions
B2B Cloud Security
B2B Cloud Systems
B2B Cloud Services

I think something like enterprisecs.com or businesscs.com would not work, since it is half KW half acronym. But I think this one works since B2B is the standard acronym for business-to-business, so B2BCS is perfect acronym, while enterprisecs is half keyword half acronym.

I did some searching, and seems these are other already existing uses of CS in B2B (though I think the cloud related ones have better potential):
B2B Communications Security
B2B Communication Solutions
B2B Communication Server
B2B Computing Services

Last edited:
•••
•••
fitsc
ttrash

Both hand regged and found sifting through deleted domains

•••
•••
•••
Have decided to buy more into 5L's as a longer term investment. Now that the 4L craze is happening, it is possible to pick lots of good 5L's (which I would say are much better to hold than ixqw .com, xikq .com and so on), since everyone is focusing on acquiring 4L's. I saw someone wrote about how they were picking up hundreds of 4L's on the drop a few years ago, with basically no competition. Not sure if 5L's are ever going to reach the same kind of buying craze due to limited availability, since there is much greater supply of 5L's, but I'm going to give it a try (as I am much too late into domaining for the 4L race anyway! And currently I only own 1 LLLL, and that's one I bought in the aftermarket for my main developed site). Either way, I guess there will be a market for brandable 5L's, even if their price does not see a huge increase simply because they have 5 characters, so I think this is a good space to look into.

Any thoughts on 5L's maybe 5+ years later?

Since there are so many 5L's available for reg fee, I am looking for different ways to narrow down the options. My latest strategy is to incorporate 1-2 words into each 5L, in a way that makes the name meaningful. It is much harder, but I believe these kinds of names will be more valuable than random catchy/pronounceable names. Recently I regd:

y A E R O (related to air and aircraft)
D A Y N U (nu is a way to spell new, usually put in the front of the word though, i.e. nu-metal, so the implicit meaning of this name is "new day")
F O X K O (FOX CO. would have been the best of course! Still nice to have one with FOX in it)
E V E I E (a real female given name)
K O I C E (Looking for a name with ICE in it, turns out it is a less common men's given name, among its different uses)
e V E G G (e-veggie/vegetarian)

In another thread I also shared
U n J e t (un- =to undo, jet= to travel quickly. So "to unjet" = to slow down, unwind)
T R Y V A ("try" but I think it sounds good rather than having any particular meaning. Or VA could be Virginia or Virtual Assistant, though I think it works better as a general brandable).
Q U A I M (Quality Aim or Quality Internet Marketing, also can be pronounced with only 1 syllable)

I am planning to keep registering 5L's with some implicit meaning, as I think it will be a better investment to do that for reg fee, rather than buying the XKWO's in the aftermarket. Anyone else think so? Or no way that 5L's will see the same trend that 4L's have seen, as there are just too many of them?

•••
•••
Nzipa.com
Igeer.com
Poyax.com
Zeboni.com

Last edited:
•••
Who will brand his comlany with 5 random letters that are really hard to pronounce?

•••
U n J e t (un- =to undo, jet= to travel quickly. So "to unjet" = to slow down, unwind)

I like this name a lot.

A lot could be done with it: a brandable for a rail company or a limo company for wealthy people not rich enough to own their own jet, but too rich to put up with airline hassles.

Years ago, Seven Up had a successful ad campaign for the "unCola."

Never underestimate the power of "un" names.

:)

•••
I like this name a lot.

A lot could be done with it: a brandable for a rail company or a limo company for wealthy people not rich enough to own their own jet, but too rich to put up with airline hassles.

Years ago, Seven Up had a successful ad campaign for the "unCola."

Never underestimate the power of "un" names.

:)
Thanks for your comment and possible use suggestions, I hadn't thought of those before!

Interestingly I saw that a similar name, ujet.com, sold for $9200 about a week ago @ GD. It doesn't really say anything about the value of unjet though, as they carry more or less opposite meanings.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back