IT.COM

LLLLL.com (5 Letter) Sales and discussion thread

NameSilo
Watch

GlobalDomainer

Account Closed
Impact
Hi guys,

Like anyone of you, I am always searching for new trends. For the last 18 months I went really deep into the LLLL. I placed my bets, and now only have to wait for all them 4 letters to be :sold:

So I was thinking. What would be a nice new niche for me to get into? My answer after some thinking and testing is actually quite simple. I decided to invest in quality LLLLL coms. I know I know, it is not actually a new trend and not really a niche. But I tell you, these 5 letter domains can become big business in some time :imho:

Why? Because quality 5 letter domains are extremely brandable. Lots of startups there looking for a brandable short name, especially the web 2.0 based ones. Quality 5 letter domains generate also natural type in traffic as I experienced myself. And ofcourse, it is dotcom based, the only safe bet you can make I believe.

I also believe that not all 5 letter dotcoms will be sold shortly, maybe they will never be. You really need to have quality names. But that is also a question I have for you. What is a quality name in this niche?

So maybe we can make this thread a bit sticky and share thoughts and experiences in developing this part of the domain market.

Oh yeah, just to share this with you. I recently acquired sygar, lyned, jebia, sebod, pifab, pobit, samau and penep.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi guys,

Like anyone of you, I am always searching for new trends. For the last 18 months I went really deep into the LLLL. I placed my bets, and now only have to wait for all them 4 letters to be :sold:

So I was thinking. What would be a nice new niche for me to get into? My answer after some thinking and testing is actually quite simple. I decided to invest in quality LLLLL coms. I know I know, it is not actually a new trend and not really a niche. But I tell you, these 5 letter domains can become big business in some time :imho:

Why? Because quality 5 letter domains are extremely brandable. Lots of startups there looking for a brandable short name, especially the web 2.0 based ones. Quality 5 letter domains generate also natural type in traffic as I experienced myself. And ofcourse, it is dotcom based, the only safe bet you can make I believe.

I also believe that not all 5 letter dotcoms will be sold shortly, maybe they will never be. You really need to have quality names. But that is also a question I have for you. What is a quality name in this niche?

So maybe we can make this thread a bit sticky and share thoughts and experiences in developing this part of the domain market.

Oh yeah, just to share this with you. I recently acquired sygar, lyned, jebia, sebod, pifab, pobit, samau and penep.
foxak.com

vrous.com

oucew.com

vlixa.com

eachfit.com

yenwe.com

gofoy.com

ovarr.com

lawci.com

peygi.com

rejme.com

•••
I Sold NFTiz.com for 1000 £GBP

•••
I have Ruait.com it's a French single word for Rush but also pretty brandable.

•••
Hi guys,

what ebooks do you recommend for begginers?

•••
I have about 50 LLLLL.com domains. I found there are still many good ones out there to register or to purchase for reasonable amounts.
how has your luck been selling them?
I have generated the complete list of unregistered 5L.com in CVCVC and with two consecutive CC or VV.
I currently have Vutuk.com and Rigmu.com

•••
hard to sell Scrov.com and Scilk.com even 1 syllable, 5 letter, qnd pronounciable

:(

•••
hard to sell Scrov.com and Scilk.com even 1 syllable, 5 letter, qnd pronounciable

:(
I don't like the sound of scrov.com, rough connotations in English, like grov (grovelling) or scrounge, or scruff. Just my opinion.

•••
I don't like the sound of scrov.com, rough connotations in English, like grov (grovelling) or scrounge, or scruff. Just my opinion.

I think so. Thanks

•••
Hi guys,

Weboo.services

•••
•••
So here I've been hand registering LLLLLs and thinking, wow, I got a pronounceable one no one ever thought of. Gold I say! Then I found https://whois.domaintools.com/ and popped a few into it... and come to find they've ALL been previously registered and dropped. Most registered 19 years ago! And dropped over and over and over again. Fools gold is what I've bought. Meanwhile, SquadHelp has accepted a bunch of these names - which were probably for sale for decades prior (with obv no takers).

My point of this post is to be careful thinking pronounceable LLLLLs are going to earn some easy cash. When you see one that has been dropped 6 times over the 19 years, you know it's just not what you thought. And it also got past the drop pickers too. What I've got here is likely of limited value (although SquadHelp wants to list it). Perhaps one mans garbage is another mans gold. It only takes one.

Last edited:
•••
So here I've been hand registering LLLLLs and thinking, wow, I got a pronounceable one no one ever thought of. Gold I say! Then I found https://whois.domaintools.com/ and popped a few into it... and come to find they've ALL been previously registered and dropped. Most registered 19 years ago! And dropped over and over and over again. Fools gold is what I've bought. Meanwhile, SquadHelp has accepted a bunch of these names - which were probably for sale for decades prior (with obv no takers).

My point of this post is to be careful thinking pronounceable LLLLLs are going to earn some easy cash. When you see one that has been dropped 6 times over the 19 years, you know it's just not what you thought. And it also got past the drop pickers too. What I've got here is likely of limited value (although SquadHelp wants to list it). Perhaps one mans garbage is another mans gold. It only takes one.
If they are one-syllable or two-syllable pronounceable domains, you have a high chance of selling them, especially if they are one-syllable words that sounds good. I missed Brasss dotcom by a few days and I wouild have registered it in heart beat. Tenderr dot com was at auction some days back but won by someone else.

There are cases of people dropping domains in large numbers just before the market begins to demand them, so don't feel discouraged... Short pronounceable domains are still gold.

•••
Thanks for sharing. In my opinion, it’s not about just pronounceable, it must have a related keyword, for example: Elfzo, Odyko, Dwilt, etc.

Some pronounceable 5-L are good without having a related keyword, but what works best, the ones have keyword in it.

•••
I hold reasonable hope for these two, because they can be related to currently hot trends:

AIAgt.com= Artificial intelligence Agent
AGIIC.com= Artificial General Intelligence Integrated Circuit

•••
Thanks for sharing. In my opinion, it’s not about just pronounceable, it must have a related keyword, for example: Elfzo, Odyko, Dwilt, etc.

Some pronounceable 5-L are good without having a related keyword, but what works best, the ones have keyword in it.

From the sales list I've been compiling it appears that those with a short keyword in them do sell for more. There are still sales for pronounceable but they are for 1/3 or less of the price.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back