Dynadot

LLLLL.com (5 Letter) Sales and discussion thread

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

GlobalDomainer

Account Closed
Impact
Hi guys,

Like anyone of you, I am always searching for new trends. For the last 18 months I went really deep into the LLLL. I placed my bets, and now only have to wait for all them 4 letters to be :sold:

So I was thinking. What would be a nice new niche for me to get into? My answer after some thinking and testing is actually quite simple. I decided to invest in quality LLLLL coms. I know I know, it is not actually a new trend and not really a niche. But I tell you, these 5 letter domains can become big business in some time :imho:

Why? Because quality 5 letter domains are extremely brandable. Lots of startups there looking for a brandable short name, especially the web 2.0 based ones. Quality 5 letter domains generate also natural type in traffic as I experienced myself. And ofcourse, it is dotcom based, the only safe bet you can make I believe.

I also believe that not all 5 letter dotcoms will be sold shortly, maybe they will never be. You really need to have quality names. But that is also a question I have for you. What is a quality name in this niche?

So maybe we can make this thread a bit sticky and share thoughts and experiences in developing this part of the domain market.

Oh yeah, just to share this with you. I recently acquired sygar, lyned, jebia, sebod, pifab, pobit, samau and penep.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Jitesh, Statistics is a science, it is not about opinions. Go do research on the subject. I bet you have opinion about "2 times 2 equals"...

•••
Jitesh, Statistics is a science, it is not about opinions. Go do research on the subject. I bet you have opinion about "2 times 2 equals"...
You misunderstood my statement I guess. I know statistics is science. In my opinion, we need statistics of around 32K 5L.com before we can conclude anything about 3.2 million of them and in your opinion, statistics of 1K will do. I hope that clears the confusion.

•••
And when I say you need 1K sample size in this case, that is based on science, not opinion. You'd need more if the whole group is very fragmented and you need to know results for each subgroup.
But, again, feel free to think that you can have "opinions" on this. Good luck. Not going to discuss it any further.

•••
•••
what type of 5N's you buy?

•••
I can provide that 3.2 million filtered list, if someone wanna buy send me a pm.

•••
Here is one for free ))
rnmnc.com )
Chinese/Western super-premium )
Buy Buy Buy!!! )

•••
upload_2015-11-10_2-12-54.png

•••
This just has to happen, it would be the next logical step.... from how things went so far....

•••
So crazy in china,the 5L.COM(no AEIOUV)would be registered out.
wow 3,200,000 bulk、bulk、bulk、playing them like in stock marketing.
Chinese Premium 5L.com will open a new chapter。

Hi what is

中 茶 出口商

•••
•••
•••
I found this prophetic photo from 1929. :D
https://no_url_shorteners/nnHZlx

•••
This car seems too old to be running, if you shopping Tesla for same money, hit me up :)

•••
Kidding aside, what is the going rate for NNNN .net's ? Saw a 2***.net go for around $1500 at GoDaddy today.

•••
Kidding aside, what is the going rate for NNNN .net's ? Saw a 2***.net go for around $1500 at GoDaddy today.

Please stay on topic, this is a 5L.com discussion not 4N.net!

•••
And when I say you need 1K sample size in this case, that is based on science, not opinion.
Any science whether statistics, physics, chemistry, mathematics all says, the more data we have the more accurate result we can get. When you say 1K sample size is enough it is based on science but it is your opinion. Someone might say 20 sample size is enough but again it will be his opinion.
According to science we need statistics of all 3.2 million to get most accurate result.

You'd need more if the whole group is very fragmented and you need to know results for each subgroup.
Yes we need more because they are in fact very fragmented. First 5000 Chinese premium 5L.com are all registered. Will you use this statistics to conclude 3.2 million? Obviously not. We need much more data from every part of 3.2 million.
But, again, feel free to think that you can have "opinions" on this.
Yes everyone can have different opinions on same topic. And my opinion that we need 32K or more statistics were based on simple science theory as I have stated earlier: the more data we have the more accurate result we can get.
Good luck.
Good Luck to you too. :)
Not going to discuss it any further.
I am also not going to discuss it any further. It has already gone too much.

•••
So after hours of research as a non Chinese, I came up with this

中 茶 出口商

Zhōng chá chū kǒu shāng

ZCCKS

It means China/Chinese tea exporter

•••
When I see sociologists asking people opinions about elections etc, they usually use samples of no more than 1000-2000 size. Out of 320 mln. living in USA. But this people are spread around different states and randomly picked.

Same principles can be applied to domains. If you choose 2000 domains randomly picked with 75 starting at each letter you can get approximate results of how many are registered. I'm not an experts of statistics, but sample testing works.

•••
When I see sociologists asking people opinions about elections etc, they usually use samples of no more than 1000-2000 size. Out of 320 mln. living in USA. But this people are spread around different states and randomly picked.

Same principles can be applied to domains. If you choose 2000 domains randomly picked with 75 starting at each letter you can get approximate results of how many are registered. I'm not an experts of statistics, but sample testing works.
Obviously it can work. But for accuracy we need need more data. BTW it's not hard to scan 50k to 100k domains. I will do the scanning and will let you guys know what I get. ;)

•••
plz someone scan and add the list here would be helpful, may be ask the dndigger.com guy.

•••
It is undeniable that 5L.com is shorter, has various meaning for different endusers .but It takes time for domain market digest such large quantity. 320,0000 5L .com

•••
So after hours of research as a non Chinese, I came up with this

中 茶 出口商

Zhōng chá chū kǒu shāng

ZCCKS

It means China/Chinese tea exporter
Good meaning.
ZCCKS also means ZhouChengChuKouShang(bearing exporter company) or ZhengCheChuKouShang(
Complete vehicle exporter).

•••
Good meaning.
ZCCKS also means ZhouChengChuKouShang(bearing exporter company) or ZhengCheChuKouShang(
Complete vehicle exporter).
Wow! Thanks. I wonder how much this will fetch me

•••
only becuse qydbw.com end with w. and db means database. qy can be company brand.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back