IT.COM

Looking for Domain Name Developers to Start a Group in 2022

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

redemo

Mug RuithTop Member
Impact
Are you a successful domain name developer or seriously interested in domain name development? I'm looking for highly-skilled domain name developers to start a discussion where can share tips about how to develop domain names for profit in 2022. If you have an established skillset in this area and are serious about making money from your domain name investing (by developing your domain names) then please post a list of your three main domain name development skills. No timewasters please. This will be a public discussion, not private messages. Cheers. My three main domain name development skills are 1> Finding high quality local (C.C.T.L.D.) domain names to use for website development 2 > Coming up with profitable traffic and product strategies 3 > Creating websites which get a lot of local traffic from search engines.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Maybe he built them for other people.
Doesnt say he manages 12000 sites.
WP for me. I have a template and my plugins. Sometimes I will build just to destroy.
I worked with guy who wrote his own code, good if your of that mindset.

•••
12,000 sites are likely not unrelated. Like, I'd imagine X,000 of them all use the same ad network for some/all of their ads. So say you wanted to change that tag. You want to login to X,000 sites to do it? Or do it once in your admin dashboard?

Imagine all you want. They didn't build 12000 websites in a year.

•••
Ever heard of Just Dial? It's based out of, and mainly serves, India.... But language is English and not Hindi. This is hands-down one of the sickest websites I have never seen traffic-wise and
Different interfaces for USA and India, though both are English text.

Not very easy to copy. A lot of work and business agreements are required to aggregate that much information and make it useful.

Shopping, travel reservations, hotels, tourism. Not a one person job for sure.

name. I'm not saying a copy, I mean a better version. The S.E.O. for this website is woeful I mean not even H-1- page tags now come on!

Also has apps for iphone and android which may account for some traffic.

What puzzles me is, the decision to exclude Bingbot but they are still listed on Bing.com O_o

Last edited:
•••
I am React Developer(JavaScript, nodejs, mongodb). I want to participate. But what actually do you want?

A blog / news sites?
or
A custom domaining related app that generates something?

I am currently working on a project on domain related.
namelooka.com

This is in beta though. I am working on this.

Thanks.

Last edited:
•••
Where is this group discussion going to take place?

•••
Are you a successful domain name developer or seriously interested in domain name development? I'm looking for highly-skilled domain name developers to start a discussion where can share tips about how to develop domain names for profit in 2022. If you have an established skillset in this area and are serious about making money from your domain name investing (by developing your domain names) then please post a list of your three main domain name development skills. No timewasters please. This will be a public discussion, not private messages. Cheers. My three main domain name development skills are 1> Finding high quality local (C.C.T.L.D.) domain names to use for website development 2 > Coming up with profitable traffic and product strategies 3 > Creating websites which get a lot of local traffic from search engines.

PHP developer, scraping data, SEO.

Last edited:
•••
Where is this group discussion going to take place?
I hope if there is enough of an interest in this group then @Alfa Mod Team will create a new thread called " Developing Domain Names for Profit " or similar. Let's see how many people contribute to this thread by end of December. Cheers.

•••
Just to be clear. The objective of this thread is to convince @Alfa Mod Team that enough interest is present to create a section within the Domain Name Monetization section called " Developing Domain Names for Profit " which is not about parking domain names but about creating websites and monetising those websites (primarily with advertisements). The aim of such a thread is to help domain name investors to share and learn skills which help us to actively aim to make a profit in 2022 from domain name purchases/investments, through website development.

Last edited:
•••
Godaddy agrees that website development is a key part of domaining and domain investment (@Bob Hawkes, @biggie, et al)

https://www.godaddy.com/garage/domaining-101/

What is domaining and how can it make you money?​

Domaining is generally defined as investing in domain names with the intention of making a profit. A profit is most often realized by selling or leasing a domain for more than you purchased it for. However, there are other methods of monetization during the time you are actively renewing a domain name.

A renewed and active domain name may be “parked” on a landing page with relevant advertising or built into a website selling products and services for a profit.

The demand for domain names continues to grow as more internet users bring their businesses, apps, portfolios and ideas online.

Remember how we used the term “internet real estate market” earlier? That’s the simplest way to think of domaining. A real estate investor hopes to buy a piece of land (i.e., domain name) in order to resell it for a profit or to construct a building (i.e., website) on it to sell products and services.

•••
You don't need to spend any money except domain name and hosting. It's just about dedicating your time. I wish @biggie and others would be more supportive. I think I understand the wall - if you are a beginner and don't understand website development then you won't understand this thread. If you successfully develop domain names already then you won't need this thread. If you only sell or park domain names then you will disagree with this thread. If you are a registrar or auction house then you won't want this thread to be successful because people will buy and sell less domain names. So I understand the wall. I just know that when smart people join forces great things can happen. That won't change even if this idea doesn't take off.
https://www.namepros.com/threads/how-to-develop-domain-names-for-profit.1242996/

•••
@Bob Hawkes
Thank you for posting your 3-part domain investing series:

Domain Investing: Just The Basics – Part 1 - Registering, buying, renewing, researching, and listing domain names

Domain Investing: Just The Basics – Part 2 - landers, types of domain names, pricing, tracking interest, promotion, fast transfer networks, transferring, and easy ways to create your own marketplace

Domain Investing: Just The Basics – Part 3 - Outbound, Promotion, UDRP, Parking, Website, Resources

I really appreciate all of your time and research that went into compiling and editing these three excellent resources. Hopefully a similar quality of guide for domain name development for profit will be created very soon. Been really difficult to find the time recently so hopefully after Xmas.

Last edited:
•••
I'd be interested

Cheers
Corey

•••
I'm great at the building websites part but not so great at the coming up with good ideas or getting traffic parts. I like Laravel and Vue but can learn anything. I'm interested in participating.

•••
Laravel and Vue
Hi @wilfra and welcome to the mix. Can a beginner use Laravel and Vue as a C.M.S. without any prior knowledge of programming or coding?
I would like to learn more on the options, and I suspect I am not alone. I think most know Wordpress to some degree at least. I have used Blogger, and Wix somewhat in past, and see the names Joomla and Drupal but don't actually know much on them. My hosting platform allows me to use them. Are there advantages to using something other than Wordpress?

@Bob Hawkes was asking about the best C.M.S. to use for domain name development and monetisation. Which C.M.S. do you recommend for domainers? Personally I don't have a favourite. It's found through trial and error so whatever works for the individual. Some people dig Wix and that's cool while other people dig Drupal or Wordpress (which I think @Corey uses and I myself use and constantly test other C.M.S.) or even code from a blank page using C.S.S. and J.S. and H.T.M.L. Interested to know. I searched Namepros thread for " cms " and the sole result was by @PatrickV who started a thread about the best C.M.S. https://www.namepros.com/threads/wich-cms-youre-using-for-your-portfolio-website.1243851/ back in June of this year but that was about domain name portoflios rather than monetised domain names. He mentioned Kirby C.M.S., Grav C.M.S., Statamic C.M.S. and Bolt C.M.S. Has anybody used these and if so are they worth trying out? I'm agreeing with @dncafe that this thread could get too broad and @karmaco's point about this being good for the website development thread. Which is exactly why I think there should be a unique area for domain name development for profit as opposed to website development generally. I could be wrong. All points have merits.

Last edited:
•••
no reputable technology company uses Wordpress in any capacity, even for their company blog
Hmmmmm..... Might have to disagree on that one mate.
  • The White House
  • Disney Books
  • cPanel Blog
  • Inside Blackberry
  • BBC America
  • Creative Commons
  • Mercedes-Benz
  • New York Post
  • Vogue
  • Observer
  • Flickr Blog
  • Reader's Digest
  • Sony Music
  • Official James Bond Website
  • Obama Foundation
  • University of New York
  • Georgia State University
  • Microsoft News
  • TechCrunch
  • The Walt Disney Company
  • Facebook Newsroom
  • Mashable
  • The Rolling Stones
  • Spotify Newsroom
  • Wired
  • I.B.M. Jobs Blog
  • Toyota Brazil
  • Harvard Gazette
  • Mozilla Blog
  • Usain Bolt
  • Etsy Journal
  • Reuters Blog
  • Wall Street Journal Law Blog
  • Time Magazine
  • Angry Birds
  • Katy Perry
  • Official Website of Sweden
  • Playstation Blog
  • Variety
  • A.M.C.
  • Yelp Blog
  • Renault Groupe
  • T.E.D. Blog

•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
I use Joomla & WordPress
Would be interested in how you view about one vs the other @Corey from perspective of a domainer/developer using a CMS. I realize that may not be a simple question to answer. Thanks.

•••
Clone site is another option!

Last edited:
•••
•••
I would Google 'wordpress site generator' and look for technical discussion of it on Stackoverflow and similar sites and go from there. I can't imagine it's that difficult. Probably you write a script and hook it up to a form/admin area and behind the scenes WP is being installed with the info you provide when you click submit.

If I had 12,000 of them, I'd certainly want to control them all in one place, not have 12,000 separate logins. Wiring that part up may not be a trivial task but it'd be a huge time saver in the end, I'd think.

12,000 logins would be find considering they are unrelated websites, built over years and not sharing data.

•••
12,000 logins would be find considering they are unrelated websites, built over years and not sharing data.

12,000 sites are likely not unrelated. Like, I'd imagine X,000 of them all use the same ad network for some/all of their ads. So say you wanted to change that tag. You want to login to X,000 sites to do it? Or do it once in your admin dashboard?

•••
Technically you could make 12,000 separate logins work but after 5+ years, those sites are almost certainly going to be stale and look about the same as they originally did. Because the cost in your time is so great to update them. If you could do it easily in one place, you could be rapidly iterating and updating them. Something as simple as adding a global link to the footer, goes from a hellacious job that isn't worth it, to taking 30 seconds.

Last edited:
•••
Imagine if Bodis had a separate Wordpress install for every domain on their platform, with separate logins for each. It would be an untenable system, they'd have to have hundreds/thousands of people who did nothing but update them full-time.

But their backend likely functions like one big website where each domain is effectively a separate page. So they can instantly update all of them in one place (usually programmatically, I assume, no humans required).

Was that harder to build than Wordpress sites? Ya, initially. But it's easier now, with light years better efficiency and optimization capabilities - and it enables them to scale to infinity.

Last edited:
•••
Where did 12000 websites come from mate? I am overwhelmed with 50 websites.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back