Domain Empire

Looking for Domain Name Developers to Start a Group in 2022

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

redemo

Mug RuithTop Member
Impact
Are you a successful domain name developer or seriously interested in domain name development? I'm looking for highly-skilled domain name developers to start a discussion where can share tips about how to develop domain names for profit in 2022. If you have an established skillset in this area and are serious about making money from your domain name investing (by developing your domain names) then please post a list of your three main domain name development skills. No timewasters please. This will be a public discussion, not private messages. Cheers. My three main domain name development skills are 1> Finding high quality local (C.C.T.L.D.) domain names to use for website development 2 > Coming up with profitable traffic and product strategies 3 > Creating websites which get a lot of local traffic from search engines.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Imagine all you want. They didn't build 12000 websites in a year.

Unless they are using 12,000 different CMS's, the code itself is related. You want to login 12,000 separate times to update your software?

•••
Justdial.com, Robots.txt

User-agent: *
Disallow: /functions/
Disallow: /webmain/
Disallow: /*/wcdata/

User-agent: Baiduspider
Disallow: /

User-agent: Yandex

User-agent: Bingbot

User-agent: ia_archiver
Thank you I learnt something new. Explains why other web sites I've checked have no records.

•••
scraping data
This is a very useful skill from what I've heard and one that I also know very little about. Exactly the kind of thing that spurred me to start this discussion. Cheers.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Hi

looks like you have an "objective" and an "aim"
"The objective of this thread is to convince @Alfa Mod Team that enough interest is present to create a section within the Domain Name Monetization section called " Developing Domain Names for Profit " which is not about parking domain names but about creating websites and monetising those websites (primarily with advertisements)." You are welcome to play an active part in the thread @biggie. All are welcome. It's always good to have critical opinion in an open debate. Namaste brother.
Thank you for your suggestion @biggie. I don't think "domain parking" adequately covers domain traffic monetisation. Do you? What's your objective in there not being a section within Domain Name Monetization section called " Developing Domain Names for Profit "?
Automation is a great thing @biggie. Since you add "imo" to the end of all your posts why not just add it to your signature rather than manually typing it out in all your messages? I want to help you maximise your time here on our planet by not having to repeat these mundane tasks.

Last edited:
•••
This thread is too broad if you want actual discussion. You need to narrow it down and focus on a specific topic, like: "monetization methods", or "picking your niche" etc.
I have reflected upon the original idea and I'd like to re-present it more simply. There is a forum discussion called "Domain Parking and Traffic Monetization" which I believe is misleading for the following reason: "Traffic monetization" is an appropriate name for the section, however "Domain parking" should be omitted from the title and placed in a sub category, since domain parking is a type of traffic monetization and therefore it is a subset and belongs in a sub category folder - alongside other types of traffic monetization. I'll leave that request with @Echo Mod Team and @Bravo Mod Team. Perhaps they don't wish to create more sub categories for whatever reason, or perhaps these types of requests are reviewed on set dates. In my opinion, developing domain names into websites in order to monetize them is a subset of traffic monetization as represented below:
  • Traffic Monetization
    • Domain Parking
    • Developing Websites for Profit
I think that the above change will help Namepros members to more easily find highly useful threads and posts which will educate them in more ways to make money from domain name investments. And now, rather than rambling on about this I'll humbly leave the idea to the powers that be to make their decision.

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
You want people who can build stuff without writing any code?
You don't need to know how to code to build a website. But it's a big plus. Saves a lot of time if you can code view as well as design view. For me the best C.M.S. to build profitable domain names is on the easiest and most time efficient C.M.S. which is why I'm constantly trying out new platforms. Wordpress does seem to be the simplest but it has a lot of code which slows down page loading times. I don't think Google or users care what the C.M.S. is called so long as the website is easy to use and humans and bots can both accomplish their tasks. Also a C.M.S. must be have all of it's main admin features accessible from a mobile phone. As the world goes mobile that's non-negotiable in my book of magic spells and potions.

Last edited:
•••
WP is the most popular cms and runs some of the largest websites. I've seen CRMs, home and vehicle rentals, event management, real-estate and accounting software built on Wordpress. Plugins and events make it extremely flexible and people love it.

True but most websites are not that large so the choices and compromises are easier.

The best and worse feature of Wordpress is the plugin in system; the trade off is flexibility for security. Inexperienced people install plugins to avoid hiring someone and create different problems.

Most people don't need enterprise software. Wordpress can easily scale to 10 of thousands of accounts with hundreds of thousands of pages.

A lot of large businesses run on wordpress and it is a better choice for the average eCommerce shop or car dealership than Wix, Squarspace, weebly, etc.

Wordpress is cheap to start with, there is an abundance of documentation, how-to's and experienced people which makes it a good choice for most small businesses.

And yet no reputable technology company uses Wordpress in any capacity, even for their company blog.

I specifically said I wasn't criticizing Wordpress in an attempt to not get dragged into this sort of subjective argument. If you like Wordpress, that's great. If there is nothing you need Wordpress cannot do, perfect. I don't really care what technology you choose to use.

•••
It's like the difference between buying a 20 year old furnished house, only available in one exact location, which can never be modified. But you can pick your own clothes and food. Or picking your own location and building any house you want, with any endless modifications, filled with anything you want, anywhere in the world.

Not much of a choice imo.

•••
@dncafe Do you build websites as well as buy them?

•••
Anytime I find myself doing something 12,000 times, I think about how I might save myself time by automating that process. Why not build a site generator?

Maybe the answer is someone is paying you $X for each site you develop and you'd be coding yourself out of a paycheck.
How would you go about creating a Wordpress web site generator?

•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
Ever heard of Just Dial? It's based out of, and mainly serves, India. But language is English and not Hindi. This is hands-down one of the sickest websites I have never seen traffic-wise and simple idea anyone could create https://www.justdial.com. I never heard of this website until yesterday. Traffic from U.S.A. is negligible (compared to other countries). Organic monthly traffic is 79,5 million worldwide. Nine million backlinks. 23 million organic keywords. Domain authority 61. Also 94 million indexed web pages in G. Love the footer text " Copyrights 2008-2018 " I saw a very weird thing https://web.archive.org/web/*/justdial.com it's saying " Sorry. This URL has been excluded from the Wayback Machine. " Huh? What's all that about? @Bob Hawkes do you know why do web sites get excluded from archive dot org? Anyhow I think a local version of this website can be developed for low cost and on an available / un-registered domain name. I'm not saying a copy, I mean a better version. The S.E.O. for this website is woeful I mean not even H-1- page tags now come on!

Last edited:
•••
Shopping, travel reservations, hotels, tourism. Not a one person job for sure.
Challenging but not impossible. Best focus on one region or city. California or L.A. for an example. Shopping is the easiest because products keep changing where hotels and locations generally, but not always, remain the same. I wanted to create a web site about the latest new sports shoes. There's serious opportunities for one-man-band. But it needs too much time and first hand knowledge for me. Having said that if you had a fresh and authentic angle then you can start just about anything.

•••
•••
This thread is too broad if you want actual discussion. You need to narrow it down and focus on a specific topic, like: "monetization methods", or "picking your niche" etc.
You are absolutely correct. My intention is to convince @Alfa Mod Team to create a section called "Developing Domain Names for Profit" which can have sub threads or posts all related to the parent section. This will only happen if enough people show interest and @Alfa Mod Team decide to take action. Domain name traffic monetisation is not just parking. That is the issue which I am presenting to @Alfa Mod Team and the community. There are hundreds of ways to monetise domain name traffic. Not saying you are going to become a millionare but you can easily earn $ 50 or $ 100 (which is 28 cents multiplied by 365 days) every year from most sensible domain names through different forms of advertising and promotion. The idea is that this section contains either sub threads or posts relating to some of these methods. Learned member @biggie is 100% incorrect that I have any hidden agenda or commercial plan. I have decided not to accept any more unfounded accusations from @biggie as it's wasting my time here so @biggie is now on my ignore list (it's very rare I do this) but if he wants to change his behaviour and be more constructive the door is always open. What he does is make an unfounded accusation, and when I return the favour questioning his motives he reports me to the admin team. All I'm trying to do is create a public place for people to meet, discuss and be more successful in 2022.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back