Domain Empire

Looks fishy

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Could this be a valid offer for a domain ?
I received this by email :

[email protected]

Subject :
Que tal FirstName FirstName LastName MothersName ? www.yourdomainname.com

Mi nombre es John Doe. Veo que tu no estas utilizando el domain www.yourdomainname.com y quiero saber si me lo quieres vender.

Espero tu respuesta.

John Doe

First, the subject, they list my full spanish name, which is my first name composed for two names and my father's and mother's lastname. This is an official name in spanish, but in real life must people don't cite or use mother's name so it looks like automatic.
Also, it added "www" do the domain name. Who on earth add www to the domain name when asking for a price ? I mean, it is not an address and it is not a website, so why the www, that's not included in the name.

Now, in the body, the argument "veo que no estas utilizando", i.e. the new old trick about "the domain name you are not using" ... nah, very bad argument.

"John Doe" is not the name from which I received the email from, but an spanish name. He is using a hotmail account.

What do you think ?

It is asking for a premium generic name (i.e. I would not sell under $15,000USD)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back