Dynadot

Making a movie fan-site

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

vip-ip

Account Closed
Impact
If you're making a movie fan site, about a movie that's coming really soon, but it's not released yet, can you:

Use the movie logo on the site?
Show sneak peak type pics from the movie?
Use the movie's name in the URL? (ex, Shrek3forums.com or ShrekThreeForums.com or something)

On one hand, the movie creators want the word to spread about their movies, so there's no point for them to take the domain away;
On the other hand, I'm making profit from Google ads or other type of advertising, which they might not be happy with.

Any advice on this?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
I don't think that it would create any problem for you as long as you cite the sources from where you get your information from. They can't really do anything if you give them full credit. :tu:

•••
What if I add a line to the footer, something like, "If you are the copyright owner of any graphics shown on www.XXXXXXXXXXXX.com and you'd like them removed, please e-mail at [email protected] and we will take your material off." be appropriate, rather than showing credits for each and every image? :( After all, warez sites use XP logo :p lol :o

•••
vip-ip said:
What if I add a line to the footer, something like, "If you are the copyright owner of any graphics shown on www.XXXXXXXXXXXX.com and you'd like them removed, please e-mail at [email protected] and we will take your material off." be appropriate, rather than showing credits for each and every image? :( After all, warez sites use XP logo :p lol :o

That can work too, or if you are just getting all the information from just one site you can just link to that site in the footer saying all the information is provided by blah.com

•••
i think it would help them more than hurt them...

id write a disclaimer too just in case that type of stuff always scares me lol

•••
I think as other people say, cite the source, and you should be fine (In most cases), but I am not a lawyer, so don;t count my words as legal advice :)

•••
Thanks everyone :) I got it now.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back