IT.COM

Marketing Strategy for CC tld .ie (Ireland) ?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

BrandHatched

Established Member
Impact
I have recently purchased a number of .ie (Ireland) domain names such as Bronze.ie , Toucan.ie, Chimp.ie , Brightly.ie , Blush.ie , Detour.ie, Arabica.ie , 345.ie , Hunting.ie, Pellets.ie and so on ......... .The population of Ireland is circa 5 million people so the market is quite small but the quality of domains available high.

What type of an approach would you use to flip these domains within one year ?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
.ie domain names outside of Ireland are difficult to buy due to restrictions.
If you invest, you can wait a long time.

•••
Yes , I really would not be looking outside of Ireland but there are instances where a business outside of Ireland can register a .ie domain . For example if you have a business that provides goods or services to customers in Ireland you can register your .ie domain with proof of this. In the link below are the instances where a business or individual can apply to register a .ie .

https://www.weare.ie/document-requirements/

•••
•••
Yes I agree. But it depends on what price I ask.

•••
I do know Ireland quite well, North and South.
this is not a market for being able to flip domains. even good ones. Outside of Surnames or recognised business terms/names There isn't a market. Look how poorly the UK domain market is performing and divide that by 15.

Hunting in ie is probably the only one that is good

•••
Ok, Thanks for the replies, I knew this information beforehand. It is not what I was asking for assistance on.

•••
OK, fair enough. But they are direct answers to you question about flipping. In order for a 'Flippers' market to exist there has to be a highly active retail/end user market looking for supply.

•••

Put them on no-reserve auctions from €1, some might sell.

•••
For example for Bronze.ie which I hand registered for €4 , I contacted artists who cast in Bronze and had an offer of €200. I also contacted Tanning Salons.

•••

I knew this information beforehand. It is not what I was asking for assistance on.

For example for Bronze.ie which I hand registered for €4 , I contacted artists who cast in Bronze and had an offer of €200. I also contacted Tanning Salons.
Hi

from the last to initial post,
it seems like you already had an approach and according to the results... you didn't need any assistance.

so, exactly what did you want to hear?

probably better next time, to lead off with the most pertinent information and then ask opinions on how to improve it.

imo...

•••
Hi,

I wanted to hear answers to what I asked. Obvious IMO ...

I think you need to re read my first post. I wrote it not you. If you have nothing positive or constructive to say then its nice to not type a reply . IMO....

•••
Hi,

I wanted to hear answers to what I asked. Obvious IMO ...

I think you need to re read my first post. I wrote it not you. If you have nothing positive or constructive to say then its nice to not type a reply . IMO....

This kind of attitude won't get you very far in this industry, especially if you're disrespecting people like @biggie

•••
Thanks for another off topic reply.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back