IT.COM

.me .me — 10 years and over 1 million domain registrations

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

News

Hand-picked NewsTop Member
Impact
Ten years ago, Montenegro became an independent country, separating from Serbia by a narrow margin of less than 1 percent of required votes in an independent referendum. This new independence meant many changes for a country that’s roughly the size of Connecticut. One of those important changes was something few expected: the country’s new domain name extension.
In March 2016, .me surpassed one million domain name registrations. That is a higher number than the registered ccTLD count of Hong Kong, Ireland and Singapore — combined (according to Domain Tools).
me-registrants-by-country-final.jpg
Indeed, .me not only succeeded in making a ccTLD a household name, but along with .co is often regarded as the extension responsible for changing the playbook for marketing domain name extensions forever...
Read More

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
And 10 years will be in September.

Last edited:
•••
The .me extension is better then 90% of all the new gtld's that are now available.

There is a bright future for the .me extension....

•••
Last edited:
•••
Wow, 10 years already. I remember kickoff day and the servers from gd were overwhelmed. The cool thing was calling in and godaddy got a bunch of reg taken care of for me. Not long after I sold one for $5 grand and that was a nice surprise.

•••
Wow, 10 years already.
Not already, in September'2007 .me was delegated by ICANN.
And GA was started in Summer'2008.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back