Dynadot

.mobi .mobi may be the biggest hoax in history...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
It just dawned on me that .mobi may be the biggest, most elaborate and well-funded, most contrived, well-thought out, bought into, successful and longest living hoax in history.

With all the major corporations, police stations, cell phone companies, search engines, et al. being swindled and tricked hourly, the ramifications are going to be huge!

It is going to be years and years before we get the full scope of the grift.

That damn .mobi :p

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
This thread cracks me up. :lol: Funny how a joke becomes a red carpet for bagging the extension. Oh well, it's an open forum. Enjoy your bagging...

•••
scandiman said:
This thread cracks me up. :lol: Funny how a joke becomes a red carpet for bagging the extension. Oh well, it's an open forum. Enjoy your bagging...

no bagging, care to answer me please ? :red:

Cheers

•••
italiandragon said:

Cheers

italiandragon, your posts are really confusing. _\|/_

•••
italiandragon said:

Cheers
No, we're not millionaires yet! But we are getting close to a nice pay day :D .

keithmt

•••
mjnels said:
italiandragon, your posts are really confusing. _\|/_

I`m sorry , why is that?

•••
italiandragon said:
I`m sorry , why is that?

i was wondering that myself ;)

•••
keithmt said:
No, we're not millionaires yet! But we are getting close to a nice pay day :D .

keithmt

see? someone understood me!

Cheers keithmt!

mjnels said:
i was wondering that myself ;)

maybe you drank too much uh? :cy:

•••
italiandragon said:
maybe you drank too much uh? :cy:

hehe.. i barely ever drink, but i am a pretty big pothead. :guilty:

•••
mjnels said:

You're from Amsterdam isn't ? :hehe:

Martin

•••
Biggest hoax in history? I thought that was religion! At least we can actually see our mobis.

keithmt

•••
mjnels said:

then I`m not getting your no-sense complain about my threads, I know that my English is not perfect but besides a few jokes I do to keep me alive from boredom, well I think my question is legit.

I leave one day and when I come back there are 20 millions posts on .mobi pro and cons like in the beginning.....is it jelousy from .com holders or what?

Is .mobi mining the .com Empire already? Honestly I was thinking it would happened within 3 years....not this fast. But you know......com holders won`t give up to the reality of their shrinking .com daily visits.....then one day they`ll meet all together in the "once upon time .com internet" while we`ll be browsing the ultranewfastwirelessminipconthe" .mobi devices of 7th generation (I`ll be behind that coconut in BajuBaju Island with relaxing waves in front of me.....oh Ok....I`ll continue another time, I don`t want you guys get off topic :bingo:

•••
the .mobi forum here is just really popular.. people simply like to state their opinions i guess.. over and over again..

with no new news... people tend to make their own.. mobi enthusiasts are just as guilty of this i think.. for example just look at my last 5 posts :)

Last edited:
•••
ultranewfastwirelessminipconthe" .mobi devices of 7th generation (I`ll be behind that coconut in BajuBaju Island

I own UltraFastNet.com if interested lol (actually it's off the market) hehe :cy:

A lot will change... but unfortunately it won't be .mobi at the helm.

All I have to say is research Sedo.tv

•••
italiandragon said:
then I`m not getting your no-sense complain about my threads, I know that my English is not perfect but besides a few jokes I do to keep me alive from boredom, well I think my question is legit.

I leave one day and when I come back there are 20 millions posts on .mobi pro and cons like in the beginning.....is it jelousy from .com holders or what?

Is .mobi mining the .com Empire already? Honestly I was thinking it would happened within 3 years....not this fast. But you know......com holders won`t give up to the reality of their shrinking .com daily visits.....then one day they`ll meet all together in the "once upon time .com internet" while we`ll be browsing the ultranewfastwirelessminipconthe" .mobi devices of 7th generation (I`ll be behind that coconut in BajuBaju Island with relaxing waves in front of me.....oh Ok....I`ll continue another time, I don`t want you guys get off topic :bingo:
The .com holders may be waiting to see how big mobi will get. Then they will sell a few nice .coms to afford the aftermarket .mobis. It will be us who profit when they come calling :D .

keithmt

mjnels said:
the .mobi forum here is just really popular.. people simply like to state their opinions i guess.. over and over again..

with no new news... people tend to make their own..
No news? Major corps are going mobi almost every day.

keithmt

•••
mjnels said:

with no new news... people tend to make their own..

yeah right really popular.....I asked an apprasails on my new baby just fresh purchase

VPO.mobi

http://www.namepros.com/domain-appraisals/331804-vpo-mobi.html

but no one cared to express an opinion :'(

S-L-O-W said:
I own UltraFastNet.com if interested lol (actually it's off the market) hehe :cy:

A lot will change... but unfortunately it won't be .mobi at the helm.

All I have to say is research Sedo.tv

I can`t believe you read my typing :bingo:

sedo.tv ? cool.....but not THAT cool! I`ll be looking for sedo.mobi ;)

•••
keithmt said:
No news? Major corps are going mobi almost every day.

keithmt

exactly.. all small pieces of the big picture, but often times these very threads are where the rehashed arguements stem from..

•••
- the "mobi people" here need to stop infighting and refocus -

This thread perfectly illustrates how we all need to take a breath, relax, develop, buy, sell, whatever and stop listening to the naysayers, critics, and trolls. Just stop - it's quite refreshing...

•••
mjnels said:
exactly.. all small pieces of the big picture, but often times these very threads are where the rehashed arguements stem from..
It is the same old back and forth arguments but that's what keeps things exciting to me. Also, with new news comes new arguments and mobi seems to have alot of news. It just provides ammo for both sides to keep firing away.

keithmt

•••
mjnels said:

man, you need to understand these people.....they may just have been dieing from owning a LLL.com for years, they even went to get a loan to get domains like FUK.com :bingo: and then they see all these bunch of newbies getting LLL.mobi like candies and they think "what croc sh*t is that? another .eu fiasco yeah right"

Then a year later the "fiasco" is looking like

"you poor little one LLL.com hurry up because people are going away with ten of LLL.mobi which will laught at your FUK.com"

but as said you gotta understanding them....it`s not like that you get a hammer and them smash them in one shot, no......it`s worst like this where every day or now everyhour there is a big positive news toward the revolutionary successful branding of .mobi......in this way they don`t just disappear....they get angry poisoned by their same hate towards .mobi, the more they hated .mobi in the beginning , the more they get mad now.

Too bad.

•••
of course some of its jealousy/bitterness seeing "newbies" do well when they jumped right into .mobi with little or no prior domain experience and in some people's mind it was just supposed to be another extention inexperienced "domainers" went for and lost money on... and they got to say: hahahaha

not everyone is like that, but it only takes a few... some people just truly enjoy the debate, which is good and healthy..

•••
mjnels said:
of course some of its jealousy/bitterness seeing "newbies" do well when they jumped right into .mobi with little or no prior domain experience and in some people's mind it was just supposed to be another extention inexperienced "domainers" went for and lost money on... and they got to say: hahahaha

not everyone is like that, but it only takes a few... some people just truly enjoy the debate, which is good and healthy..

bah...anyway, how`s the weather.....no wait oh yes, how about that appraisal ? :D

•••
italiandragon said:
yeah right really popular.....I asked an apprasails on my new baby just fresh purchase

VPO.mobi

http://www.namepros.com/domain-appraisals/331804-vpo-mobi.html

but no one cared to express an opinion :'(
That's because it wasn't posted in the .mobi subforum.

italiandragon said:
At the end I can`t read everything so I ask what`s this kind of sofa called bofa and what`s happening? Are we millionaire yet ?

no bagging, care to answer me please ?
I didn't think you were bagging .mobi.

bofa is the acronym for Bank of America, hence bofa.mobi. It is pronounced "B" of "A", it does not rhyme with sofa. :lol: Sorry, it is easy and wrong to assume others have the same cultural context as ourselves.

•••
scandiman said:
That's because it wasn't posted in the .mobi subforum.

I didn't think you were bagging .mobi.

bofa is the acronym for Bank of America, hence bofa.mobi. It is pronounced "B" of "A", it does not rhyme with sofa. :lol: Sorry, it is easy and wrong to assume others have the same cultural context as ourselves.

uhhhhhh sweet, I thought BOFA was a joke I did not even check that....I`m surprised that Bank of America won`t prefer BOA.mobi

Thanks

and I did not that I could post an apprasail request in the .mobi subforum......now I guess I can`t do it otherwise would be just a double post.

Thanks

•••
italiandragon said:
uhhhhhh sweet, I thought BOFA was a joke I did not even check that....I`m surprised that Bank of America won`t prefer BOA.mobi

Thanks
The name BofA has been in use long before the internet. It would be branding suicide to switch to the name of a snake.

•••
scandiman said:
The name BofA has been in use long before the internet. It would be branding suicide to switch to the name of a snake.

I see, I did not know that....thanks.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back