Dynadot

.mobi .mobi may be the biggest hoax in history...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
It just dawned on me that .mobi may be the biggest, most elaborate and well-funded, most contrived, well-thought out, bought into, successful and longest living hoax in history.

With all the major corporations, police stations, cell phone companies, search engines, et al. being swindled and tricked hourly, the ramifications are going to be huge!

It is going to be years and years before we get the full scope of the grift.

That damn .mobi :p

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hello Everyone!
Love the discussion that is going on in the dot mobi world. :)
Both groups are making valid points (pros and cons), I won't say I am the most neutral person in here to post regarding this discussion since I own dot mobis as well. :hehe:

However, having said that I do believe .mobi will make it big, besides the fact that this extension is well funded by big corporations (Visa, Google, Nokia, Vodaphone, Microsoft, etc...), there are billions of mobile subscribers; the extension has lots of potential. Its the combination of all interested parties that will make the mobile domain a success. We all have mobile phones and you all must admit we all like the freedom that comes with having a mobile phone. I don't know about you guys but I enjoy having Internet access on my mobile phone, which conveniently allows me to access my email and online news. I would welcome the opportunity to do much more with my phone; I can think of quite a few more things that I would like to be able to do through my phone. My only complaint with my mobile internet access is the slow speed; yes, I know, I have been spoiled by the high speed connection at home, :) . However, I am sure that the wireless telecommunications industry is aware of this and is working on improving speeds. While, not all applications are good possibilities through the mobile phone- there are a large number of activities that would be. We are in the infancy stage of this new platform, and it will get better, just like the Internet got better since its formation.

I firmly believe that the dot mobi is going to be big, really big, and I don't take it personally if you disagree with me, in fact I welcome it. Its important to be open minded about various subjects, especially in business.

To all the dot mobi naysayers, I hear ya, and I respect your opinion regarding this topic. I do understand that there are risks involved, just like in any other business. While, it is true that the "powers to be" haven't fully disclosed their business strategy regarding this extension, think about it for a second, If you were in their shoes would you tell your competitors about your entire strategy?

To all my dot mobi prosayers, we should take this opportunity to hear out our naysayers- don't take it for granted, its great feedback and it allows us as a group to explore their resistance to the extension. We must make this extension happen. We, as a group, have an interest in the success of this extension, just as much, as the big corporations. The mobile extension won't build itself, each of us, must contribute to its improvement, that's how we will all win. :)

I will now quote two famous quotes:
You were born to win, but to be a winner, you must plan to win, prepare to win, and expect to win. -Zig Ziglar

If you don't see yourself as a winner, then you cannot perform as a winner. -Zig Ziglar

So...my mobi prosayers- I know I see myself as a winner. How about you guys? :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back