Domain Empire

More traffic in aff links than parking

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I bought some type in (type in misspellings) domains and got 800 unique per day of such, redirected domains to affiliate sites matching the domain name. As I didnt get any sales first days I thought I try parking them at Bodis and the click amount decreased from 800 a day to 40. I then tried Sedo but appears same. Why?

I read somewhere that Bodis is scam. It takes sometime for dns to update so I hope Sedo increases in clicks but appears both are scam.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Are you talking about traffic or clicks?
you mention 800 uniques (which usually describes traffic) but you compare it with 40 clicks.. can you clarify?

•••
Ah yeah too may beers today.. I have not had one click at all, only unique traffic.

•••
I bought some type in (type in misspellings) domains and got 800 unique per day

but appears both are scam.

Hi

it's more likely that you got scammed, when you bought those names... if there are no earnings from the traffic -

than it is for bodis and sedo to be the scammers.

imo...

•••
Bodis is a legit company. I’ve had a great business relationship with them for many years. I’m thinking the majority of visitors you had was probably bot traffic.

•••
If the typos were already redirecting to affiliate programs did you get revenue stats before you bought them? Depending upon the type of sale and how they are reported there can be a lag. You use the term "days" before you moved them to Bodis. You may have simply moved them too soon. The nature of some types of businesses can result in sales that take weeks or months before you see a $ amount reported. I regularly see $XXX commissions from domains that only generate 1 sale every year or even every 2 years.
And I agree completely with psalm91 regarding Bodis - great company.
Bodis is a legit company. I’ve had a great business relationship with them for many years. I’m thinking the majority of visitors you had was probably bot traffic.

•••

If there were bot traffic did Bodis and Sedo block this you mean?

•••
If the typos were already redirecting to affiliate programs did you get revenue stats before you bought them? Depending upon the type of sale and how they are reported there can be a lag. You use the term "days" before you moved them to Bodis. You may have simply moved them too soon. The nature of some types of businesses can result in sales that take weeks or months before you see a $ amount reported. I regularly see $XXX commissions from domains that only generate 1 sale every year or even every 2 years.
And I agree completely with psalm91 regarding Bodis - great company.

I bought them from registar company not from others.

•••
Most likely, the variance between 800 and 40 is Bodis and Sedo doing you a favor and blocking the bot traffic whereas the affiliate partner is reporting the raw traffic inclusive of bots.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back