Dynadot

NameCheap...what the heck are you doing!!!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I just noticed that they now charge $28.88 for a .ws registration when GoDaddy charges $9.95, heck, they even charge more then WebSite.ws, duh, what are you doing NameCheap?

Whats next, $20 for a .com, .net etc...

I could maybe understand a small increase but $10 more...are you frigging crazy.

Mike

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think bottom line reseller price for .ws thru enom is around 25.00,

go figure

•••
I know NameCheap is a Forum member, hopefully he can shed some light on this pricing hike. I was once a strong NameCheap supporter but this will make me think twice about referring them to anyone anymore.

Mike

•••
why would you register a .ws ? :o

•••
Thats a good ? Leader :)

I planned on developing it so for the reg fee I thought it would do, the Domain is VideoGame.ws , I also own Scripts.ws Quiz.ws Cams.ws and a couple more.

Mike

•••
;)

onkly thing .ws id good fore is keywords B-)

•••
Originally posted by doubledee999
I think bottom line reseller price for .ws thru enom is around 25.00,

go figure

I think that's your answer right there Tip. It's eNom's screwy pricing. I have a $7.00 enom account and the price for a .ws is $25.95.

•••

I sent them an email earlier, we'll see what they have to say.

Mike

•••
If I recall enom was around 14.00 reseller some time ago., then they went skyhigh and godaddy dropped., who knows

•••
Dang how can godaddy afford the cheap prices?

•••
.ws is tough, not exactly falls under icann, I think falls under iana, can pretty much do what they want.

•••
Just got the reply back from NameCheap, they claim that their price was raised and had to increase their price to reflect this.

Next, I will be contacting .ws to give them a piece of my mind :) not that they will care....but they should as I am probubly one of their only supporters, lol

Mike

•••
People can become .ws register and the price is alot less then $25, i dont know why namecheap become there own regsiter direct from there site just for .ws, i know people who are registers of .ws and charge $8.25 so im not sure how much you buy them for when your a register but cheap.

Go daddy is a register thats why it can charge that low

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back