IT.COM

Namejet question

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi!

I am watching a name at namejet, it is in pending delete status and closing time is tonite at 7:00
No offers, minimum bid $59

What happens at 7pm? Does it go on the open market? Do the fat cats get a chance to feast, meaning other dropcatchers, because someone backordered it at pool or somewhere else?
Could I maybe snag it at 7 bells, or does it enter another stage? Its a hot word with a letter in front of it.

So what will happen at 7pm when the pending delete reaches closing time. I've only been there a couple days, still figuring that and pre release out.

Thanks

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
pending delete is before deletion, so if no one bids then it should drop.

then yes, it's game on, to hand-reg it.

imo....

•••
Pre-Release ends at the latest 45 days after expiry. If no bids, then the domain is given back to the registry on Day46 after expiry. Then the domain can only be renewed by the original registrant up to 75 days after expiry. On the 76th day after expiry it goes into Pending Delete, when nobody can register the domain, and it will drop on the 81st day after expiry. Then all the drop-catchers attempt to register the domain in 1 millisecond after it drops. If there is no interest from the drop-catchers, then it will be available for hand-reg. It's a long gauntlet to run in order to hand-reg a domain. Most decent domains get gobbled up before they ever reach the hand-reg stage. If it does reach that stage, you are either extremely lucky, or the domain is not worth what you think it is.

Last edited:
•••
It seemed to have dropped. Says deleted at domaintools. Not avail at goodaddy yet. Maybe it takes a few hours to go through the system.
Its a premium name no doubt, like all my others lol
Free learning experience o guess
Maybe i still get it. Thanks Stub for your explanation.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back