NameSilo

NamePros Development Team

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

RJ

Domain BuyerTop Member
Impact
Seeking PHP programmers, vBulletin mod experts, and web designers from NamePros to work with me on the big upgrade to NamePros.com.

We will be upgrading the vBulletin of course, sprucing up our site design, and adding a ton of killer things for our community. This will be our first major site upgrade in over four years.

I know Eric and Hive want to participate... who else is up for the challenge? The pay will suck, but I promise the experience will be great! :)

RJ

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
RJ said:
The pay will suck, but I promise the experience will be great! :)

Got to love the candor ... :laugh: ... but, for those seriously interested, I am confident that this dedication, time & experience will look great on one's resume - especially considering the existing popularity of #1 Namepros™, as well as its future growth with these new and exciting upgrades! :gl: :music: :talk: :imho:

All the best,
-Jeff B-)

•••
Not exactly 100% sure if i can truly help but i can assist someone for sure. Just let me know ;)!

•••
•••
Jack said:
Will do what I can ;)
Same here.
php/js/ajax with vB exp. :]
Also server related bits and pieces. :]

•••
ok can only provide the drinks and cakes but can we have some nice smilies

•••
Thanks for volunteering!

Just a bit more...

Development Team will communicate and work together on our development server. We are going to be building and testing it on a site outside of our live server to make sure everything works before implementing it on the public site.

The pay still sucks, but we will devote a page on the new site to recognize and thank those that are on the team, which will allow you to promote yourself and your business a little more on the site. Designers who can build custom skins for NamePros can receive design credit + linkage in our footer.

Show us what you can do! :)

•••
RJ, I can do XHTML/CSS and design work. Also, I can make killer lemonade. Let me know if my services are needed. :)

•••
Steve said:
RJ, I can do XHTML/CSS and design work. Also, I can make killer lemonade. Let me know if my services are needed. :)
Sounds good on both accounts. :)

•••
Steve...I want some lemonade.

•••
Steve said:

On a complete side note... can I add vodka to that lemonade or would that be offensive?? :o

•••
I can help, some how. Not sure what though.

I'm a PM away though, if you need anything tested :tu:

•••
I am always just a Ping away :) Happy to contribute as much as needed.

•••
Dunno how I can help cos Im techno thicko but im here if I can :xf.love:

•••
Well .... I have no design skills to contribute but I'll be here in spirit.
I'm excited to hear about this and anxious to see the results. I'm sure
it will be awesome. :tu:

RJ ..... I touched on this before and I will again. Please consider a
store front. Cafe press style .... mugs, hats, Tees etc . So we can show
our pride and support. Perhaps even add a premium so a % could be realized :o

Also an in-house development area would be great. Or a developer workshop
for us non-skilled dreamers, with a head full of ideas, could learn some
"skeeeeels" or assistance in development.

Forgive my taking liberty with suggestions.

NPs ROCKS! :kickass:

PS .... I see you are back to uppercase. Still with out dashes? It was
a lil upsetting seeing the underscored lower case ..... Hope all is good.

nn

•••
looks like thr iz an elite grp in this effort.. I know I am not so appealing, but I think I can help the team with my SSI ( PHP) experience :)

•••
I'm definitely not SV, and I know many of the people offering help are much better at coding than me, but I know some PHP. ;)

I love lemonade.

•••
Thanks guys.

NamePros has always been centered on the community and I am at the point in my life where I'm ready to admit I can't always be the best at everything and insist on doing everything myself. I am ready and looking forward to bring in people who can contribute to our community in ways outside my ability.

Thanks for volunteering!

•••
namenut said:
RJ ..... I touched on this before and I will again. Please consider a
store front. Cafe press style .... mugs, hats, Tees etc . So we can show
our pride and support. Perhaps even add a premium so a % could be realized :o

I'm sure this would be very popular! I'd definitely use it.

P.S. I'd offer my help but, well, I'm not very useful. ;)

•••
are you going to upgrade namepros to the latest Vbulletin version,

I may help the namepros , what I can do The best...

•••
Yes, we'll have the latest vBulletin version running. The goal is to have an upgraded site with better features without losing the charm of our current site.

•••
RJ said:
Yes, we'll have the latest vBulletin version running. The goal is to have an upgraded site with better features without losing the charm of our current site.
No it is not latest version :)
I am sure..
There is much difference in Vb 3.8.1 and the name pros version,
you can see the profile, view.. and many more features which are not here,
user album, users groups/communities etc...

•••
Yeah, I know there's lots of new features in the upgraded vBulletin. It's going to :kickass:

•••
RJ said:
Yeah, I know there's lots of new features in the upgraded vBulletin. It's going to :kickass:
Okay fine...
if need my help..
I am available.. for namepros...

•••
Well Ron you already know I'm up for it :hehe:

:kickass:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back