Domain Empire

question Need help on Auction Rule if there's downtime

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
While I understand NP rules for Auctions do not allow to set a Reserve Price, what happens if an Auction is interrupted due to some unexpected downtime here in Namepros.

My hypothetical question would be:
If I list a LLL.com say with a start price of $100 and Auction end time within 24 hours from last bid.
Someone bids $100 and there is some kind of downtime for 24 hours (no one or most members not able to access Namepros). Will I be given a fair chance to extend the Auction for another 24 hours from the time Namepros starts working again? OR I should still honor the bid of $100?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hello,

namePros has not had a downtime that long in almost a decade.

However, in your hypothetical scenario, the moderator team handling the case/report would notify our technical team, so they can verify whether the downtime was due to namePros or if it was on the sellers end (Browser, pc, etc.). If it was deemed to be on the sellers end, an extension would not be allowed since we would not be able to verify if the issue actually occurred or if the seller was simply trying to manipulate the auction. If it was found to be on namePros end, the moderator team handling the case/report would post in the auction with an extension.

As mentioned prior, we have not had a downtime like that in almost a decade. Our technology is constantly being updated to the latest and most secure versions.

We hope that helps.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back