Dynadot

advice Need to buy a name which is on sale(BIN), but also in Auction

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

exname

Established Member
Impact
I want a buy a name that is currently listed at Squadhelp & Sedo for BIN price.
But the issue is that the same domain currently is being auctioned at Namejet. It has received many bids.
My dilemma is that if I buy it through Sedo or Squadhelp, is the seller capable of honoring the transaction ?

Does Namejet allow cancellation - of a pending auction or in-auction domain names ?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If you really want the name and you are okay with the BIN price, then buy it at Sedo for BIN. The worst that can happen is the sale does not go through. You may not end up with the domain but you won't lose any money either.

•••
If you really want the name and you are okay with the BIN price, then buy it at Sedo for BIN. The worst that can happen is the sale does not go through. You may not end up with the domain but you won't lose any money either.
But wont that put me in a legal bind. What if I buy and the owner tries to cancel his auction at Namejet ? Is he allowed to do such in the first place ? What if Namejet continues with the auction and the name sells there also ?

The seller has told me that if I buy it through Sedo for BIN, he will cancel the Namejet auction. All I want to know is that, does Namejet allow sellers to cancel Pending or Live Auction of a domain ?

•••
When a domain drops, the former registrant may forget to remove the listing from all the marketplaces it was listed at (due to administration of large portfolios). However, if someone is auctioning a domain, they should remove all BIN listings from other marketplaces. That is likely a requirement to auction a domain at Namejet. If a seller fails to deliver a domain sold through a Namejet auction, that may get them banned from future usage of the platform. As an interested buyer you should participate in the auction with the knowledge that if the auction fails to meet any reserve price you can still buy it at the BIN elsewhere.

•••
BIN or not, there should be always an option to accept offer before considering it final. The domain may be still listed by mistake (can easily happen) at the marketplace or simply the BIN was set a long time ago.
Yes, it can easily turn buyers off when they can't buy a domain at a price the seller already set. But considering it legally valid as soon as an offer was made at BIN price is not fair to the seller either.

•••
If you like the price at Sedo buy it there. It is a problem of the seller to handle the situation of his name for sale in different venues.

You have nothing to loose, if Sedo can't supply the name they will let you know, that's all.

I buyed years ago a very good name at Sedo but unfortunately the owner didn't have it anymore. I remember I didn't have to pay and after wait for a refund. They let me know before sending the payment.

Last edited:
•••
Report it to SH. Auctioning a domain already listed at SH is not allowed and will have the person banned from the platform. Probably a clueless person. Find another name.

•••
Dont trust NameJet; Dont think nj delivers here

@OnlineDomainCom has all NJ horror stories.

I’m sorry, happened to him; Dont trust NJ..
You should report NJ; it sounds unauthorized;
No deal between SH and NJ far as im aware..

SquadHelp is a Sedo partner and afternic;
missing DAN; sure they’ll likely add. Lol NJ

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back