Dynadot

discuss *** New Domain Listing and Domain Auction ***

NameSilo
Watch

johnn

WeSellName.comTop Member
Impact
Greetings!

If I create a Web Site which will let you list the name(s) for sale (Free) and flat free for Domain Auction would you be interested?
- Domain Listing - Free
- Domain Auction - Flat Fee (TBD)
- No Commission if the name is sold from the auction
- When the auction is ended - It's the responsibility between the Seller/Buyer to complete the transaction.

The Auction Fees will be used to pay for Site Maintenance, Advertising and Employees.
Why am I doing this? To increase your sale market without suffering the Commission Fees.

Let me know what do you think?

Thanks,
John

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
How much will you be plowing into marketing to attract potential end users? What will be teh marketing strategy?
These kinds of sites only work if there is a large audience to the names

•••
There are many sites that we can use for marketing (both pay and free) Domaining, DomainGang, DNJournal, etc...
Also your direct link to the site would bring the traffic too (External auction section)

•••
I wouldn't want to list names for auction unless it was a very active site.

I would list names for sale with two possible pricing structures.

- An quoted price,with the option for buyers to make offers.
- A Dutch auction - that is a dropping price auction, not the Ebay multiples misconception.

- It would also be attractive if there was an option to place a link to the mini-site associated with the name.

However, I suspect you will have to be careful , and monitor the site to avoid spammers. It was the spammers who made me close submissions to my auction site.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back