NP Auction

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

floatingworld

dawnofthefloatingworldVIP Member
Impact
Any reason why this week's auction queue is closed at 40? :'(

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Must have something to do with the "special" stuff going to winners of auctions that meet the reserve. I too wanted to list an auction lot but by the time I got back online the queue had already been opened and closed.. darn.

•••
nicedomains said:
Must have something to do with the "special" stuff going to winners of auctions that meet the reserve. I too wanted to list an auction lot but by the time I got back online the queue had already been opened and closed.. darn.

Yeah i noticed this "special"... I was about to add a domain earlier and didn't see this. This seems to have just appeared a few mins / hours ago. A bit weird, how exactly is this working? who's designing the logos and providing the hosting etc?

Was this announced anywhere before? Seems a bit random...

:?

•••
Maybe it's a bug. They should keep it open as there are very few domains worth bidding on currently imo. Extra stuff aside that is.

•••
From what i can see it's a staff auction as most members selling are staff etc.....perhaps they are testing out a new type of auction??

Not sure as i wanted to list a name etc...

•••
Well, I'm not staff and I have one up there. :p
Theory flawed!!

I didn't even see all that extra info at the top of the page when I listed it, though.

•••
lol was mere speculation and yes you have crippled the matrix ;)

•••
usualcliche said:
From what i can see it's a staff auction as most members selling are staff

CORRECTION: Mainly Staff but also includes a few overly sensitive members

•••
usualcliche said:
lol was mere speculation and yes you have crippled the matrix ;)
:notme:

•••
yilduz said:
I didn't even see all that extra info at the top of the page when I listed it, though.

It wasn't there earlier, it appears to have been added at about the same time the queue was closed.

•••
Are you sure it's closed?

link removed

See if it works.

edit: oh, it says it's closed. :p

•••
OneTime said:
Yeah i noticed this "special"... I was about to add a domain earlier and didn't see this. This seems to have just appeared a few mins / hours ago. A bit weird, how exactly is this working? who's designing the logos and providing the hosting etc?

Was this announced anywhere before? Seems a bit random...

:?
RJ, staff had been saying there were changes coming to the live auction so it's not totally unexpected. I think it's an interesting idea, it does add value to each auction that is won and may promote more bids.

•••
My question is do you get to have multiple logos for those sets with multiple names?

•••
Any reason why auction is closed for new submissions?

•••
I just bought some NP$ to list for domains the auction.

What happened?

•••
mrdomainman said:
I just bought some NP$ to list for domains the auction.

What happened?

So far it seems to be a mystery. Let your imaginations run wild - just beware of manbearpig.

•••
bensd said:
Any reason why auction is closed for new submissions?

The auction is going to last only one hour from what I understand, so that's why there are only 40 lots.

-Galel

•••
NP Queen answered that here :)
http://www.namepros.com/namepros-info-and-suggestions/567204-next-np-auction.html

NPQueen said:
Yes there is, RJ decided to have one last special Auction before the system gets retired. The majority of the names in the Auction are NP Team members names. There are a couple that were submitted by members who got lucky and slipped them in during the window when RJ opened the queue and was programming to allow only team members to submit.

Hope to see you there!! :)

Last edited:
•••
There's one I'm going to keep a close eye on. A few gems on there. Looking forward to it :tu:

•••
Archangel said:

Thanks for linking over to that thread. It is a special auction and we wanted to give the NP Team a special thanks by allowing them to have their names in the auction. There are also some bonus things that are being included with each name so another reason why we couldn't have 80 names.

Cant wait to see all of you there!! I should be fun

~Rachel

MrSpartan said:
My question is do you get to have multiple logos for those sets with multiple names?

One per auction lot :)

As for who is going to be providing the hosting there have been a couple of offers, so I don't have a definitive answer on that as of yet.

The voice overs will be provided by myself :red: and the logos will be created by our own -db-, Thanks Tim!! :xf.love:

•••
NPQueen said:
As for who is going to be providing the hosting there have been a couple of offers, so I don't have a definitive answer on that as of yet.

The voice overs will be provided by myself :red: and the logos will be created by our own -db-, Thanks Tim!! :xf.love:

Hmmm Will there be any text to read? I'm deaf so I was wondering... :)

•••
Whew...luckily I snuck my name on there. Hmmm, maybe I'm on NamePros too much, lol.

•••
Archangel said:
Hmmm Will there be any text to read? I'm deaf so I was wondering... :)

Most of the time the voice overs are the domain name and the sites tag line. So the information is usually already on the site. B-)

Chef Patrick said:
Whew...luckily I snuck my name on there. Hmmm, maybe I'm on NamePros too much, lol.

I don't think that is possible... being on NP too much??? :lol:

•••
NPQueen said:
I don't think that is possible... being on NP too much??? :lol:
True, what was I thinking :p

•••
NPQueen said:
Most of the time the voice overs are the domain name and the sites tag line. So the information is usually already on the site. B-)

All right. I'll try to pop by :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back