NameSilo

Oh very frustrating

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
plz read

http://news.portalit.net/fullnews_Oracle-to-invest-heavily-in-open-source_1141.html

oracle.. is trying to acquire couple of open source rival companies..

think when no open source companies will be available :(

think when xcart acquire oscommerce and zencart...

means no good opensource scripts will there... nothing.. and we have to purchase these scripts with their monopoly.. with their prices.. also is there any gauranteee of same service, functions... usability?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Ohhh!! thats really disheartening. Oracle going Microsoft Way. Many will be affected by these acquisitions. I know of JBoss being used by some of my friends. A bad news indeed.

•••
well...............wha the.....

•••
"Rather than try to fight the open source trend, we think it's important to find ways to make it work to our advantage," Oracle chief executive Larry Ellison said.

“We are moving aggressively into open source. We are embracing it. We think if we’re clever, we can make it work to our advantage,” Ellison added.
That is wrong on so many levels. They're virtually admitting they want to bring an end to Open Source software so they can make more profits.

But on the other hand, if someone offered me $400 000 000 for some code, I think I would take the money and retire.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back