IT.COM

One letter .net (IDN)?

NameSilo
Watch
ě.net
I am wondering what the market is for some domain like that?

thank you

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
lol i appraised in there. I am still not really sure. i will just leave it i guess

•••
Hehe, but your appraisal seems to be quite right...

If IE get some real IDN support I think this type of domains will raise a lot in value, the current value/asking price seems to be low-mid XXX for 1 letter IDN .net, but with IE IDN support I dont even want to guess....

•••
Phoog said:
Hehe, but your appraisal seems to be quite right...

If IE get some real IDN support I think this type of domains will raise a lot in value, the current value/asking price seems to be low-mid XXX for 1 letter IDN .net, but with IE IDN support I dont even want to guess....
ok, i will see if i can get a few.

•••
can i ask how i can check the whois of these domains?

•••
1rrr1 said:

Hi 1rrr1,

First you need to find an IDN converter such as this one I use:

http://sebi.axone.ch/idn/

Type in the IDN letter/word you want and it converts it into a codestring that looks like this:

xn--izg.com (₩.com)

For now,in most applications,you'll only need the codestring to check WHOIS and for a few administrative purposes.Surfer's obviously don't need it for anything,it's just how browsers can navigate accented letters.
Also searching "xn--" in expiring domain lists is a great way to find premium dropping IDNs.It's how I got Japón.com and Multimédia.com.
Good luck!

Matt

•••
Dillpup said:
1rrr1 said:

Hi 1rrr1,

First you need to find an IDN converter such as this one I use:

http://sebi.axone.ch/idn/

Type in the IDN letter/word you want and it converts it into a codestring that looks like this:

xn--izg.com (₩.com)

For now,in most applications,you'll only need the codestring to check WHOIS and for a few administrative purposes.Surfer's obviously don't need it for anything,it's just how browsers can navigate accented letters.
Also searching "xn--" in expiring domain lists is a great way to find premium dropping IDNs.It's how I got Japón.com and Multimédia.com.
Good luck!

Matt
thanks for your help, i have got what i wanted

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back