Dynadot

question Open Ai acquires Ai.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Ai.com is now live.

Open Ai redirected it to ChatGPT.

What was the acquisition cost of this digital asset?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I'm guessing eight figures, the abbreviation ai is pretty hyped-up right now, so ai.com might be the most valuable domain at the market at this time.

Definitely a smart move on Open AI's part, since it will help them in their positioning over Microsoft and Google. Of course, the quality of the service is going to be the determining factor, but this will definitely make them seem like a serious competitor.

Last edited:
•••
•••
$30Million sounds about right to me

•••
Wow. The way things are heading that's like the mother of all domains. I personally can't think of any domain more valuable going forward.

•••
Great asset. My guess is 40 million us dollars.

•••
Just checked out the WHOIS for openai.com and ai.com, they do not use the same registrar or DNS. Which leads me to believe that ai.com wasn't really sold to OpenAI.

Maybe they're in the process of working out a deal, and they want to see how much traffic ai.com generates? Or maybe OpenAI spent some money on a redirect?

Last edited:
•••
Jeff at Saw.com would know since he brokered the domain.

I'm sure he's not telling due to client confidentiality.

Last edited:
•••
that's nice move...the best of the best

•••
Was owned by Thunayan Khalid AL-Ghanim aka ELEQUA ( FMA.com)
But since due to his health conditions the portfolio is manage by his sister

•••
•••
•••
FB.com sold for $8 mill. a few years back. So $xxxxxxxx seems about right.

Last edited:
•••
Future Media Architects was trying to sell ai.com for over 10 years, they even hired a broker.
From what I can guess, ai.com sold for $5m or $6m

•••
•••
I highly doubt we will be told the details. If so it would have happened last year when the sale happened.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
Domain didn't sell for $11 million dollars. It was the asking price. I see people promoting it on Twitter as the sold price.

•••
What does "realized true value" mean? This domain, priced to perfection, is $100m

•••
In case people didn't know, I made this video. 🙂

•••
Ai.com is now live.

Open Ai redirected it to ChatGPT.

What was the acquisition cost of this digital asset?

$50 Million.

I wouldn't be surprised if it shows up in a financial statement in the near future.

•••
Beautiful domain and fantastic acquisition. I'm glad that there's an easy way to get back to gpt now, I'm using it quite a lot now.

•••
totally agree, the ****GPT is actually a bad name from branding/user-friendly view....move to ai.com is absolutly smart...the hint here is very clear, domain, specially beatiful domain still very very valueable and useful even for such strong and capable software (I means the chatGPT), who also need a catchy name(short, good look, good sound).....if want please its customer/users...

Last edited:
•••
I'd be totally shocked if Microsoft or OpenAi could acquire Ai.com for anything less than $50M.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back