Domain Empire

Parking on Dan.com - How does it work?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

TheFreedomChaser

Established Member
Impact
I've parked several of my domains on Dan.com, and selected the PPC Parking option. I believe this is now powered by Afternic, but I can't find anywhere in either Dan nor Afternic to view the impressions and earnings for these PPC ads? Is there something I'm missing here?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think the stats show up in GoDaddy since you have to enter your GoDaddy ID number in the Dan settings.

I tested parking one of my domains a couple weeks ago and I wasn't able to get any ads to show - it still showed the same sales page it always did.

Last edited:
•••
I think the stats show up in GoDaddy since you have to enter your GoDaddy ID number in the Dan settings.

So one has to use his own GD customer account and the parking stats get shown in his GD account.
Do you know whether the payout too comes from GD?

•••
@TheFreedomChaser
I just got the confirmation from DAN: not only the stats of your ads parked domains at DAN are managed by GD, also the financial part is managed by GD.

"All GD-related revenue will be received in your GD account and related payouts will be processed from there as well."

•••
Very frustrating experience at GoDaddy

I PPC parked some of my domains at DAN,
DAN customer service tells me GD manages the parking through their CashParking program.

I log in in my GD account but can't find those domains anywhere,
I contact GD customer service through Chat, they can't find those domains either.

They say me to ask DAN customer service, I tell them no, DAN people will send me again to GD.
GD asks me to show them some of those domains that are parked now within GD CashParking.
I show them a screenshot of my DAN dashboard.
GD customer service tell me to wait 3-5 minutes so that they can inquire,

after 1 hour of silence I ask if they are still there
I get a reply from the bot, telling me that it can't understand my question.

•••
•••
What you do is add DAN nameservers on your domain(s). Then make a godaddy account if you dont have one from before, add contact info and payment. Dont need to add domains there. Then go to DAN Settings Integrations and add your Godaddy ID there. Then you go to the domain list and click on above space to mark all domains and click Ads and click On. With this you will have Godaddy ppc.

Afternic is automatically coming within hours if accepted when you add a buy now price on the domain(s).

•••
Forgo to say that after that domains will be shown in your Godaddy parking account after one day around.

•••
Very frustrating experience at GoDaddy

I PPC parked some of my domains at DAN,
DAN customer service tells me GD manages the parking through their CashParking program.

I log in in my GD account but can't find those domains anywhere,
I contact GD customer service through Chat, they can't find those domains either.

They say me to ask DAN customer service, I tell them no, DAN people will send me again to GD.
GD asks me to show them some of those domains that are parked now within GD CashParking.
I show them a screenshot of my DAN dashboard.
GD customer service tell me to wait 3-5 minutes so that they can inquire,

after 1 hour of silence I ask if they are still there
I get a reply from the bot, telling me that it can't understand my question.
Exactly the way the two have been treating me, I regret moving my cashparking to Dan from Afternic.

Afternic is better from my experience, their downside is poor customer service that won't reply you for days. But even Dan that would reply will frustrate all your efforts.

GoDaddy seems to be fraudulent, you work for traffic to your domain names and they later don't calculate it for you just as you described above. It's horrible, run for Dan/GoDaddy cashparking if you love yourself.

•••
Sheryl,
Which parking companies had paid you?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back