Dynadot

Political domains with huge potential...the Joe the Plumber thread!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
As someone else pointed out, the 3rd debate prompted many new registrations. For good reason - these kinds of names can become part of our cultural lexicon and could lead to huge traffic. So, for example, I just regged the following:

JoeTheElectrician.com (he could be next - I heard the plumber has a cousin by that name)
JoeThePlummer.com (common typo)
JosephThePlumber.com (His real name, and sounds more biblical)
Joe-the-plumber.com
JoeThePlumber2012.com (stranger things have happened)
JoePlumber.info (.com taken, but still a beauty)
JosephineThePlumber (okay a stretch, but imagine if they found her - they'd finally get those Hillary voters)

I stopped there, but there are certainly more. Serious domainers, like me, are always looking to be ahead of the curve...

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
As Mike mentioned in another thread in the TV forums these names are likely to get their 15 minutes of fame and be short lived. I don't see them as a reasonable investment but that is my personal standpoint. Best of luck with them however.

•••
-Adam- said:
As Mike mentioned in another thread in the TV forums these names are likely to get their 15 minutes of fame and be short lived. I don't see them as a reasonable investment but that is my personal standpoint. Best of luck with them however.

I can't agree more. This is a flash in the pan at most, there is no future value in these names and little to no value at present. The only way to make money off of something like this is to dev the heck out of it real quick and sell while you still have traffic.

•••
neobodhi said:
I can't agree more. This is a flash in the pan at most, there is no future value in these names and little to no value at present. The only way to make money off of something like this is to dev the heck out of it real quick and sell while you still have traffic.

Thats why I have horriblepresident.com and republicansarahpalin.com

With these two I can do just about anything I want as far it will always be there..

Just to clarify, there is always a horrible president in the making and sarah palin will always be a soccer mom republican with a retar--err maybe I shouldnt talk about her baby that way..

Must eat food..

Last edited:
•••
HorriblePresident is a gem! :tu:

ALG said:
Thats why I have horriblepresident.com and republicansarahpalin.com

With these two I can do just about anything I want as far it will always be there..

Not a big fan of 15 minute domains like Joe the Plumber myself.. If I could get the dotcom, I would (I'm sure the type-in traffic would more than pay for it), however going for JoeThePlumber.me/.mobi/ etc is pointless imho unless someone has dev plans and even still, I really don't see the point.

•••
My bet is that "Joe the Plumber" will be all but forgotten in 2 months, unless he goes political like Cindy She-man (Yeah, I can't remember her real name ;) ), and then it'll be back to the next fleeting idea.
Better bet might be guessing who will be running in 2012... 3 years registration fee could pay off well :notme:
-Allan :gl:

•••
jacal1 said:
JoeTheElectrician.com (he could be next - I heard the plumber has a cousin by that name)
JoeThePlummer.com (common typo)
JosephThePlumber.com (His real name, and sounds more biblical)
Joe-the-plumber.com
JoeThePlumber2012.com (stranger things have happened)
JoePlumber.info (.com taken, but still a beauty)
JosephineThePlumber (okay a stretch, but imagine if they found her - they'd finally get those Hillary voters)

Correction: Joe the Plumber's real name is Samuel ;)

I have a question regarding these registrations - What is your plan to be able to recuperate the $49.00 that you spent on these domains?

•••
GF said:
Correction: Joe the Plumber's real name is Samuel ;)

I have a question regarding these registrations - What is your plan to be able to recuperate the $49.00 that you spent on these domains?

I agree, you totally missed the mark - those are not seo keyword based domains to do any traffic or parked rev.

you missed the ones that would have made some rev back and still avail:

eJoeThePlumber.com
JoeThePlumberVideos.com
JoeThePlumberClip.com

thats what people search for and the keywords needed - the 1st one is as good as JoeThePlumber.com for seo purpuses - dont know what you were thinking - but those avail for reg if you wanna learn what to reg to get parked rev off 15 min trend domains

•••
agree with mainstream re revenue.

if you want to make money flipping, think about if there are any 15 minutes of fame previous sales figures by way of precedents - check namebio.com. i doubt there are many (but you never know).

if you do want to sell - ebay, and as soon as possible

•••
:D I was kidding - my toungue in cheek point being the same one many of you made in this thread...the rediculous Hillary comment or the "serious doaminers like me" line didn't give me away?? :D

Point made, though, that domainers will reg anything! More important point also made, perhaps, that NP is an invaluable resource to us all in telling us when we are misguided.

For being WAY too nice about these horrid domains, and seemingly wanting to gently and compssionately tell a moron his idea was not so great...rep given!

Last edited:
•••
The newest crop were taken too.

Philthebricklayer.com
RosetheTeacher.com

•••
This Joe the plumber thing is going nowhere im afraid. Bill the butcher, Ed the electrition, Dave the driver, Heather the housewife, nothing here im afraid.

A last ditch attempt by the Republican party to turn things around. Its all over bar the shouting. Unless Obama is embroiled in a tryst with Heather the hooker.......Its game over.

•••
jacal1 said:
:D I was kidding - my toungue in cheek point being the same one many of you made in this thread...the rediculous Hillary comment or the "serious doaminers like me" line didn't give me away?? :D

Point made, though, that domainers will reg anything! More important point also made, perhaps, that NP is an invaluable resource to us all in telling us when we are misguided.

For being WAY too nice about these horrid domains, and seemingly wanting to gently and compssionately tell a moron his idea was not so great...rep given!

Awwwwww! rep given for being honest, humble and hungry!!! qualities all domainers need + we all reg misguided domains at times, point is to minimize on thse despite the itch to reg them...

•••
EndUserSales.com said:
The newest crop were taken too.

Philthebricklayer.com....
:o :guilty:

(..it was a curiosity thing!) :red:

•••
jacal1 said:

lol! i did try to be as gentle and compassionate as possible in saying "dump those suckers!"

i didn't pick it - but your experienced post count did make me wonder!

•••
I took it seriously considering the crap that gets registered sometimes.

•••
GF said:
I took it seriously considering the crap that gets registered sometimes.

I want to register:

joethedork
sarahthedork
obamatheditz
johnthefatfart

Am I missing anyone?

•••
or the "serious doaminers like me" line didn't give me away??

That comment got me riled. Luckily you stated you were joking. Yeah...I think most of us know that gaining namethekeyword domains will have no value.

•••
I actually thought you were serious considering JoeThePlumber.com got an $800,000 offer. As others have said though, I wouldn't register any of the names you quoted as I think it would be short lived. I would also be taking the $800,000 offer in an instant if I was the owner of JoeThePlumber.com

If anyone's wondering where I read about the offer it was in the Domaining.com newsletter. Can't remember the exact site, I'll post it here later when I find it if someone doesn't beat me to it.

•••
•••
AussieDomainer said:
I actually thought you were serious considering JoeThePlumber.com got an $800,000 offer. As others have said though, I wouldn't register any of the names you quoted as I think it would be short lived. I would also be taking the $800,000 offer in an instant if I was the owner of JoeThePlumber.com

If anyone's wondering where I read about the offer it was in the Domaining.com newsletter. Can't remember the exact site, I'll post it here later when I find it if someone doesn't beat me to it.

Yikes, and JoeThePlumber.com is a HORRIBLE looking site! He should sell it! D-:

•••
the site was actually parked a month ago...

•••
Political domains that are pretty specific are tough ones - they'll have their limelight and if you don't make sure to get them sold during that time, it'll be worthless before you know it. As much as I have general ones like WhiteHouseLies.com and SupportDemocrats.org & SupportRepublicans.org, I also have GiulianiForPresident.com which I could have probably sold for a nice bunch until months ago when he quitted quickly in the primaries. In general it's best to stay away from them unless you are good and quick enough at striking while the market's hot, which is not always easy. It obviously CAN be pretty lucrative but it's easy to blow a lot of money on names with a limited scope/window of value and find yourself with a worthless bunch later on.

•••
Holy crap, JoeTheDomainer was regged and now it's for sale... :lol:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back