IT.COM
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi and good evening

I am just wondering if name.tv domains tend to sell for a decent price or not?

I always thought it would be nice to own myname.tv and wondered if they sell for a high price.

If it was a very popular name .tv what would you be looking at?

Cheers

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It all depends on the name. Is it an English Name? How many letters is it?

•••
No first names in .tv do not sell for a high price. You could get lucky and someone is going to name a show after say Frank TV, and they want the .tv over say FrankTV.com. Outside of that you may sell a name.tv for $10 to $100 from a vanity purchase. The only sale of over X,xxx was Jack.tv.

•••
Only bought one and didn't have any interest in it.

•••
Since your questions is about buying your own name I m a good example.
I own a first .tv name which is considered on the most popular names in usa and globally too(no its not Makis.tv :D) and not willing to sell for less than $2K.
I also own my name on .tv which is Makis.tv, lets say this name was registered by one of you guys then I would happily pay up to $500-$1000 to get it and I m just a poor domainer.

I hope this answers your questions.

ps: despite what Ray(equity) wrote I strongly believe in first names .tv both for bloggers and famous people that work in the media industry.

•••
The only sale of over X,xxx was Jack.tv.

Dave.tv was backordered for $1180. I'm sure other names were in that price range to register as well. Nancy.tv was registered not that long ago for over $400.

I own myname.tv and my sons. My wifes name is taken and that owner has turned down 2 mid $xxx offers from me.

I believe these names have value and could be sold for healthy sums!

P.S. My name has been backordered for several months so someone clearly wants it.

Last edited:
•••
Thank you :) answers my question

•••
I believe Mine was $980?

If you can manage to get your own first name I would say pull the trigger for any price.

thanks,

Jason

•••
I dont understand why some people are saying they don't sell for more than $100 dollars and then others who have actually bought them say they can sell for a hell of a lot more :P Thanks Jason, I actually thought of you when I made this thread as I had seen you have your first name.tv

•••
Nice thread. I just tried to search for lots of available popular first names - they all seem to be taken already in almost all extensions including .Tv. Even the common first names in other countries all seem to be taken including mine.

Looks like they do have demand. Atleast this discussion made me feel like buying my own first name .tv :)

•••

Last edited:
•••
Again thanks :) I don't think I stand a chance in getting my name.tv but I can hope.

•••
Would you spend $500 on YourName.TV or $10 on YourFirstNameLastName.com?

J.

I had the choice and went with Keith.tv. My firstandlastname.com still sits unregistered and it's not worth the $10 to me.

•••
I think first name TV’s could be of interest in a few years time.

You only have to see personalised number plates to see that people like their names out there, however, a lot of people buy number plates, because they are very expensive and hence helps their self-confidence. (I am not saying this is a particularly good way to improve your confidence), but just to show you that people often want to spend a lot of money, just to be seen doing just that

The ironical thing about “first name” domain names is that there have not been too many high sales.

However, when that changes, first name domains will probably be a nice investment.

They make very nice email addresses, and look good on accounts such as twitter, facebook etc.

People will start to figure this out eventually, and when they do, any good quality first name TV should be nice to hold.

Like makis says, “people in the media etc” will start to cherish their name on the Internet.

I would say, however, when buying a .TV first name, try and get one that either has a very big web presence in the dot com, or top country codes, and also try and get one that has a double meaning,

For example “Angus.tv”,

This can either be a first name or a county in Scotland, etc.

Always try and back your horse each way.

Good luck anyway.

Kim :wave:

•••
Steve.TV went for $450 on sedo a few months back, I was on the phone with my friend Steven at the time trying to convince him to purchase it.

I have a really good one since everyone knows justin.tv so I get a lot of traffic from people confused between the two.

thanks,

Jason

•••
funny how this is the tv subforum but it's still not obvious to everyone reading what .tv is...it's a niche or vanity tld,nothing wrong with that.It's just that unlike .com where anything goes,with .tv only certain words work with the tld.

Of course a name like Jason.tv which belongs to the above poster is very good for .tv because it's great with the tld...personal,great for a celebrity called Jason or video bloggers etc.

I'd take Jason.tv any day over horrible domains for this tld like cheapfurniture.tv or bestlawyers.tv etc. because cheapfurniture or bestlawyers don't belong in .tv.They belong in .com,.net and other global tlds...not for a niche or vanity tld like .tv

•••
i paid mid to high $xxx for my LLL name .........Rod

which also works for cars/hot rods and fishing/rods

so i am happy enough

•••
Thanks, this thread reminded me to register Malcolm.tv , one of rare first names I've found for minimal price in some of earlier searches

•••
i paid mid to high $xxx for my LLL name .........Rod

which also works for cars/hot rods and fishing/rods

so i am happy enough

Don't leave out the adult option :lol:

•••
I noticed some domains got premium prices. Are they yearly the same amount or just 1 time cost and regular renewal rate after?

•••
I noticed some domains got premium prices. Are they yearly the same amount or just 1 time cost and regular renewal rate after?

One time registration fee.

•••
•••
•••
I am just wondering if name.tv domains tend to sell for a decent price or not?

I think not. Most (not all) money put into .TV winds up in the pockets of the registrars. :sold: If you're looking for a bottomless pit in which to dispose of your $$$(:$:)$$, you are getting warm. IMO.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back