Domain Empire

Porkbun Official Thread

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Porkbun

Established Member
Porkbun.com
Impact
OINK! Hello to everyone here at NamePros, I’m happy to be joining y’all. My name’s Eddie and as the title suggests this will be our official thread here for funneling announcements, questions, feedback, and anything else folks want to talk about. I or someone else on the team will be checking regularly and being as responsive as possible.

And of course, if you need help with your Porkbun account, you can reach our support team (including me) 9 am to 5 pm PST seven days a week at [email protected], 855-767-5286, or by clicking the “Help” icon on our site to start a live chat.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hello @Porkbun,

One thing I'm urgently missing while managing my large portfolio with you, is the ability to delete domains in bulk.

Could you please make it a priority to implement such a feature?

I'd appreciate it, thank you.
Thanks for the feedback mate, I've added to our development queue to see if we can get this rolled out.

•••
Just want to chime in that Porkbun is one of my faves, I use them for any "personal" domains (family names and whatnot), and for names I develop. I have a great deal of trust with porkbun and it's nice and simple without a ton of annoying ads/upsells/all the sketchy stuff that makes people hate the "big guys".

If you're able to answer, and I understand if not, but does Porkbun ever run transfer promos? I would move a lot of names over if there was a $8 transfer sale, for example.

•••
Select all checkbox doesn't work on utiltaltautrtirauian view.
This should be fixed now, thanks for letting us know!

•••
Hi @Porkbun ,
Is there any chance you'll start supporting SedoMLS like you support Afternic FT?

Oh, and like @Peak.Domains , if you had a Transfer promo going I'd bring over 600 domains straight away. ;) I need to make a decision where those domains are going before the end of the month...

Also, at the risk of unpacking a huge can of worms (which I don't want to do)... I have noticed that you promote .gay and pride stuff rather heavily. You can do what you like of course, however, having been a long-time customer of Epik I have been very much turned off any companies who promote 'causes' (for want of a better word). Most people around here know that Epik was big on the free speech stuff, to say the least, and that seems to be a key reason they were hacked, along with a bunch of other stuff that has happened since. I ignored that for a long time, to my detriment. Anyway, to cut a long story short, a need a domain registrar who cares more about being a good domain registrar than about promoting causes (no matter how much merit they may or may not have). I apologise if this seems too forward, but could you please comment on this aspect, and perhaps advise whether you expect these promotions to continue? For me now, it is very much a case of 'once bitten, twice shy' after the whole Epik debacle and it's something I find myself considering as I decide on a new primary registrar.

Thanks.

•••
I have noticed that you promote .gay and pride stuff rather heavily. You can do what you like of course, however, having been a long-time customer of Epik I have been very much turned off any companies who promote 'causes' (for want of a better word).
Hi @Porkbun ,
Is there any chance you'll start supporting SedoMLS like you support Afternic FT?
100% agree. In light of recent changes @ GoDaddy, SedoMLS support is a must!

For the record, Porkbun is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Top Level Design. Top Level Design runs dot gay:

https://toplevel.design/gay

•••
We've looked at Sedo integration in the past, their system is more complex and thus it's been hard for us to support as a small registrar team. That said, as others have noted, now may be a good time for us to revisit.
Possibly the most complicated aspect is that Sedo is sending some prices in Euros and British Pounds. No better time to deal with it today! Why? You may not be tracking afternic-dan intergration issues, but it is what they failed to implement correctly (or at all). Many customers are now listing those via Sedo. Without Sedo being supported @ pokbun, it limits ones ability to list his porkbun-regged domains on Sedo, and, in any case, Sedo is receiving more business now - but Porkbun is missing it completely, including enduser sales!

Last edited:
•••
<Psst!>

$1 off on up to three domain transfers with code EXODUS for a limited time.

</Psst!>

•••
.com at $7.98 now through Friday, fr fr no cap

•••
Hi @Porkbun

The major outage at Cloudflare is still ongoing. I realize that Porkbun has become too dependent on Cloudflare. Does Porkbun have a workaround available, so that DNS can be changed again?

https://www.cloudflarestatus.com/
Hi @Future Sensors, thanks for sharing your concern and apologies for any inconvenience incurred thus far. As of the last couple years, this has been the only major issue we've experienced since switching our DNS services to Cloudflare, a far cry from when we ran our own. Cloudflare has long had a reputation for being a reliable DNS provider and even through this DNS resolution has been maintained. It does appear that DNS changes are starting to go through, however there's always the option to switch to a different DNS provider if need be.

•••
Last edited:
•••
unable to receive emails (as I use that domain for my email account), so I can not longer receive the two-factor authentication code,
unless Porkbun has changed this, they do not email the 2FA code. You need Authenticator or similar
----
Edit: I see email 2FA is in beta now. Good luck getting this sorted out!!

Last edited:
•••
•••
@tonyk2000 well "relatively shortly" turned out to be extremely short. The option to purchase account credit with crypto is back and will show under your account settings page.

Screenshot 2024-02-05 at 3.44.06 PM.png

•••
Please add a way to filter unwanted extensions from the "full search" (and have these settings saved).

•••
Sorry we were a little late seeing this. @Future Sensors is correct, we do not have any sort of account manager for larger accounts at this time. That said, every support rep is empowered to support every customer regardless of size with excellent service. We have < 24 hour turn around time on email (unless it's something very wonky) and offer real live human chat/phone support during our official business hours seven days a week. If you ever feel like you're not receiving the support you deserve please ask that your ticket get escalated to Phillip, our support manager.

I've added non-US account credit funding to our weekly meeting issues for this coming Monday. We need a solution here, probably wire but I'll keep you posted.
Thanks for the update. That would be great. I hope Phillip is not the plant ;)

One feature suggestion: Even though I have Password Protection on for a domain, it seems like I can still do an account transfer/push or list it for sale in your marketplace. I think this should not be possible without removing the Password Protection first.

Last edited:
•••
Thanks for the update. That would be great. I hope Phillip is not the plant ;)

One feature suggestion: Even though I have Password Protection on for a domain, it seems like I can still do an account transfer/push or list it for sale in your marketplace. I think this should not be possible without removing the Password Protection first.
Hi Embrand, I've got this flagged for Owen to take a look at, thanks for bringing it to our attention!

•••
You folks have been busy in Oregon! One simple request would be, for a domain not expiring within the next 60-90 days, to not have to have the buyer pay for the renewal as part of the lander. Has this ever been that ested, to see whether by NOT requiring the renewal fee up front, that there is a higher sale success rate?

Right now, it appears that landers in general require the renewal fee upfront with the sale, regardless of how far away the expiration date is.
I don't believe renewals are part of a marketplace transaction. We show the expiration date and what the current renewal rate is at time of transfer, but otherwise you're just buying the domain as is a the cost the seller has listed it for.

•••
You swines got something cooking.
How do I CamelCase my name and add my google code? Looking now on mobile
May the pork be with you 🐽
When you click on the domain's marketplace settings, about half way down should be "Domain Display" as well as the section for your Google Analytics ID.

•••
OINK! Hello to everyone here at NamePros, I’m happy to be joining y’all. My name’s Eddie and as the title suggests this will be our official thread here for funneling announcements, questions, feedback, and anything else folks want to talk about. I or someone else on the team will be checking regularly and being as responsive as possible.

And of course, if you need help with your Porkbun account, you can reach our support team (including me) 9 am to 5 pm PST seven days a week at [email protected], 855-767-5286, or by clicking the “Help” icon on our site to start a live chat.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••

🚨 .com domain sale!🚨

$7.98

First Year Price.
No Limits Per Customer. No Minimum Required.

We’re not OINKING around! New .com domain name registrations are only $7.98 each right now! That’s the lowest, no-strings attached .com price from any ICANN-accredited registrar. There’s no limit to this deal, so you can get all the .com domains you’ve been thinking about. This sale won’t last and when it’s gone, it’s gone, so don’t miss out.

Sale set to end March 31. Subject to change at any time.

REGISTER & SAVE
Edit: Unfortunately this promo has now ended.

Last edited:
•••
Just want to chime in that Porkbun is one of my faves, I use them for any "personal" domains (family names and whatnot), and for names I develop. I have a great deal of trust with porkbun and it's nice and simple without a ton of annoying ads/upsells/all the sketchy stuff that makes people hate the "big guys".

If you're able to answer, and I understand if not, but does Porkbun ever run transfer promos? I would move a lot of names over if there was a $8 transfer sale, for example.
Thanks for the kind words! Transfer deals are a bit harder to come by, registries rarely offer promos on transfers and renewals and we don't build a lot of margin on top of registry pricing. ACH pricing get's .com transfers down to $9.22, that's basically our cost at that point. If you're not signed up for ACH be sure to email support!

•••
Has anyone tried adding names to Porkbun Marketplace with the check mark for using their lander page and had issues the last few days?

I have listed many in past without issues. But now it spins for minutes never completing the DNS. If you do not check the Park on Marketplace, it will update the price properly.

I have tried with multiple names and with multiple TLDs. I do have the problem reported to support at Porkbun, but thought I would post here to see if anyone else is having same problems.

I am using Chrome (the newest one from overnight) on a Silicon M1 Mac, but to see if that was the problem tried Incognito Chrome and Safari and both respond the same way. I do not go through a VPN or use ad blockers, and have not had a network change since everything worked fine.

I have successfully listed many dozens on marketplace previously, so it is a new problem for me. I can't recall exactly when I last listed without problems, I think about two weeks ago or so.

Bob

@Porkbun
Hey, Bob. Sorry for not seeing this sooner but I'm wondering if you're still experiencing this issue? We had some wonky IPv6 issues at AWS and it was causing all sorts of problems. We believe these issues have been worked around until the issue is resolved so I'd be interested to know if it fixed this for you.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back