IT.COM

Porkbun Official Thread

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Porkbun

Established Member
Porkbun.com
Impact
OINK! Hello to everyone here at NamePros, I’m happy to be joining y’all. My name’s Eddie and as the title suggests this will be our official thread here for funneling announcements, questions, feedback, and anything else folks want to talk about. I or someone else on the team will be checking regularly and being as responsive as possible.

And of course, if you need help with your Porkbun account, you can reach our support team (including me) 9 am to 5 pm PST seven days a week at [email protected], 855-767-5286, or by clicking the “Help” icon on our site to start a live chat.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@Porkbun your whois suck how to contact with owner of Registration.Domains ? I'd like to offer him RegistrationDomains.com for 5 usd
Show attachment 233521

That's not our WHOIS output, that is coming from the registry. See the part that says "Please query the RDDS service of the Registrar of Record identified in this output for information on how to contact the Registrant, Admin, or Tech contact of the queried domain name."? Do that and you'll see a URL that you can go to if you wish to contact the registrant.

•••
I do but never noticed anything out of ordinary.
Kinda reminds me of the rover getting his panties in a knot over color of the skin of person in/on their emails.
But your reference to Epik and their actions has everyone somewhat defensive now.
Thankfully were not vegetarians 🥓

•••
Psst... $7.98 for a new .com, 48 hours only.

No limits, no minimums. Go hog wild!

₍ᐢ. ⚇ .ᐢ₎
New reg's only, I assume?

•••
I just tried changing one and it still seems to spin for minutes. So not yet resolved for me.

I did find a workaround that always works however.
1. I first change the DNS to your standard ones.
2. Then in second operation I do the price change, add an AI generated description (thank you!), etc. and even with the Park checked it now works fine.

So in other words, it is somehow the combination of a lander/price change that also involves a change to your DNS that is what makes it hang for me. Divide the two (which is what I did to successfully list all I wanted) and each work fine.

For example, listing for sale a newly registered name never hangs, because the default DNS were already in place. Same for a name already using your landers, that you are just changing price or generating a description, no problem. It is only for cases where the existing DNS are not Porkbun, AND you are changing both price and lander DNS that hangs. I am using Chrome (newest stable release) on an M1 Mac, in case that matters.

But as I said, I have a simple workaround, so if it is only me reporting the problem, don't worry about it.

By the way, thanks for the improvements in your landers over the past months, and now with AI generated descriptions too! Very nice!

-Bob

PS @Scott Davis glad you are not having issues. Were you adding names that had their DNS previously set to something else, or just listing for sale new transfer/registrations that already had Porkbun DNS. Those work fine for me, but not if I had previous DNS pointed say to Dan.

Bob, I was adding newly transferred, using Porkbun DNS. So your issues may be different based on what you're saying. I'll keep an eye open for that.

•••
•••
*Everything solved*

Thank you Porkbun!

Last edited:
•••
I placed a card in my profile. Then when I went to transfer a name from GoDaddy to you - a stripe payment processor opened up and asked for my card again (there was no method to use the card on file). That's annoying. Can you allow us to use the card on file please?

Also - are you able to join Sedo's fast transfer program (in addition to Afternic's)? Or are you limited to one or the other?

Last edited:
•••
@Porkbun your whois suck how to contact with owner of Registration.Domains ? I'd like to offer him RegistrationDomains.com for 5 usd
IMG_20230309_013350.png

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back