Domain Empire

report PUBLIC NOTICE! eBay Scam (LLLL.com) Are you apart of the scam?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Domainzy

RetiredTop Member
Impact
Hello NamePros,

I won two LLLL.com Auctions for HAKD.com & BAXD.com ($800 total)

Red Flag #1 They seller refuses to answer my messages for 3 days now.

Red Flag #2 I tried to file a dispute but the seller put the delivery date for the domains, for 1 and 1/2 months! So i can't file a dispute until after June 15th! :O

Red Flag #3 When i checked the whois info on the domains, its all different :/ (How can i check to see if whois has recently changed?)

Here is the sellers user name: spbonilla

Here is the LLLL.com the user auctioned: (Did anyone here win any of these? )

DAKN.com
BAXD.com
CAWJ.com
AAHF.com
ZAJN.com
XBCO.com
QBED.com
LALN.com
HAKD.com
FESX.com

The seller has 100% feedback, but his history is $15-$25 sales... not like these premium names.

My guess, he picked names he knew would go for high dollar, and put the longest delivery date to halter buyers from being able to file a dispute until next month and by then he will be long gone...

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
So.it means always check delivery date before bid on ebay.

•••
So.it means always check delivery date before bid on ebay.

Ya, i would have never thought about that until after learning the hard way..

•••
I had similar experience with another seller. The seller did not send me the domains immediately. When I checked the listing the delivery date was after 15 days. I sent him messages frantically. He did not reply but after five days he delivered.
Only three days have passed. So, you can wait for few more days. Sometimes people have personal problems and who knows that could be the reason. Anyway, I watched the auctions for the above domains and the bidding was really crazy.

•••
I actually bid on some of these.
Then ebay sent me an email that they discovered a problem with one of them.
Believe it was qbed.com.
But by the time I got the email, the bidding had gone to like 800 bucks.
And closed out.
Now not this seller, but another one, I won a domain and I am playing hell with ebay (no freaking help yet from them as they say the delivery date is may 11) and the seller.
I am thinking I will not be bidding on domains on ebay as it seems most are run by scammers.
Look at all the wine.com, time.com, etc domains on auction.
If one checks, they are idn (but never shown).
Ebay told me that as long as the seller shows it is idn, it is okay to show the english version for sale.

Unrelated note, but will help in the future, with paypal being split from ebay, paypal says their new terms effective this July, will now include protection for digital goods bought using paypal.

•••
I bid on some of these too, they all went pretty high...I did check some of the whois and each was very different! RED FLAG there.

•••
•••
•••
It is really fishy. A person without any past feedback is bidding so high for the domain. The seller too has not many past transactions. It seems Ebay has turned into a scam bay.

Indeed, there are scammers. the IDN nonsense has been going on for years,

There are many honest sellers and many good deals if you can weave through the crap names and scammers!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back