Dynadot

.com QUA.com domain name acquired for $459,000

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Arpit131

Top Member
Impact
According to an article on DomainInvesting, QUA.com has sold for $459,000.

Here is an excerpt of the article from Elliot Silver's Blog:

"On May 1, George Kirikos reported that “Chinese firm Qunar $QUNR appears to have paid $459,000 for QUA.com domain in late 2014.”

I had my doubts that Qua.com sold for $459,000 because I saw that the domain name had been listed for sale in a domain broker’s newsletter for $35,000 on October 15, 2014. Based on the registrant info found using DomainTools Whois History Search, it looks like the domain name may have changed hands more than once subsequent to that newsletter, but it was hard to believe it sold for nearly half a million USD."

The complete news may be read here

I think its the right time to sell your LLL .coms! Do you agree?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
I'm not a millionaire when I start the business, but I was able to manage to acquire some.
It's all about hard work and perseverance. You will get there.

•••
I'm not a millionaire when I start the business, but I was able to manage to acquire some.

Being around since 2003 would help a lot with that.

All the hard work and perseverance in the world won't help you trade in LLL.com's these days unless you're working with a five figure budget.

•••
Actually I recently acquired my 2 letter .net and 3 letters .com maybe in 2-3 years. And yes, I paid end user price not cheap but I'm happy.

Just like the monopoly game. I sold my small price domains and bought an expensive domains.
My point is, it's never too late.

•••
Fair enough.

I certainly would like to believe it's still possible for someone to come into this game with a limited budget and build their way up to selling LLL.com's.

•••
On May 1, George Kirikos reported that “Chinese firm Qunar $QUNR appears to have paid $459,000 for QUA.com domain in late 2014.” I believe George was basing this on the annual report filed to the SEC by Qunar. In that report, the company stated “The carrying amount of intangible assets is RMB2,849 (US$459), which relates to a domain name acquired in year 2014. No impairment to the domain name occurred for the year ended December 31, 2014.”

http://www.domaininvesting.com/report-qua-com-domain-name-acquired-for-459000/

•••
With the wording of that report, could 'intangible assets' and 'domain name [acquisition]' refer to fees paid as well as other services rendered (legal, escrow, hosting, ..., all the way to the peanuts of 5 years business registration)?

•••
I am a chinese. This domain more than 10 million yuan to buy

•••
•••
wow..that was a good one!
My hope is that LLLLs will become the next llls so I can make some big money too

•••
Thats a great deal indeed..!! A whopping sale..!!

•••
you guys are too young too simple
qua is the travel brand of alibaba.com ,as the major competitors of alibaba travel ,QUNR bought this domain at this price is not a joke.

•••
sai.com was also sale for nearly $150000 to a chinese company.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back