Dynadot

question-answered What if I privately sell a domain I have on a marketplace?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

ryan29

Established Member
Impact
I don't buy / sell domains, so I don't know what the expectations are. I have a domain that I listed on dan.com a couple years ago. Today a broker emailed me directly via the WHOIS privacy proxy email and said they have someone that may be interested in buying it and using escrow.com for settlement.

They didn't contact me through dan.com and I haven't logged in to the site for months. If I negotiate and sell it privately, I have no obligation to dan.com, right? I listed a fairly high price on dan.com because I wasn't really interested in selling the domain and if I do sell it, I'll probably end up with a price of about 1/4 of what I listed, possibly less. I don't want someone asking me for a big commission after the fact.

What are the expectations? Is there any chance dan.com would see I sold the domain and be upset?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
No, you have no obligation with Dan.com

•••
You don't need to pay any commission to dan.com, just remember to remove he listing after you sell.

•••
Today a broker emailed me directly via the WHOIS privacy proxy email and said they have someone that may be interested in buying it and using escrow.com for settlement.
Hi

^ what is brokers name and did they include an opening offer?
who would pay commission and escrow fee, if a deal was made?
What are the expectations?
^ i wouldn't expect anything until an offer is received.
as for dan, i'd leave listing as is, and enable the Lease To Own option

imo...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back