Domain Empire

other Recent top 10 sales vs Estibot

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

lock

FREE.MARKETINGTop Member
Impact
Thought i would check out a few sales to see how close they rate on valuate. Not a lot to discuss but thought maybe others would like to see. I did latest top 10 as been appraising a few using up my daily limit. Hard to say what percentage etc estibot is to real on any domain but in top 10 sales on average this month 100% give or take 50% here and there per domain.
I wasn't expecting the average to come close.

As published by DNJournal and estibot.

The DN Journal Top 10
Highest Reported Domain Sales - Mon. Feb. 29, 2016 - Sun. March 13, 2016

Kiwi.com $800,000 DomainNameSales
Circa.com $150,000 Sedo
Pferde.net) €45,000 = $49,950 Sedo
1787.com $40,501 Sedo
FZV.com €23,500 = $26,085 Sedo
NZE.com $26,000 Sedo
IVJ.com $25,000 KeywordDomain
OEJ.com $25,000 KeywordDomain
KDU.com $25,000 Sedo
TennisInstruction.com $15,000 Sedo

REAL Total domains: 1,182,536

ESTIBOT ORDER

Kiwi.com $805,000
Kdu.com $82,000
Circa.com $79,000
Fzv.com $53,000
Pferde.net $51,000
Nze.com $39,000
Oej.com $39,000
Ivj.com $34,000
1787.com $28,000
TennisInstruction.com $10,000

ESTIBOT Total domains: 1,220,000

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Estibot adjusts to recent sales...

•••
And, its not like they have it in their system to spit out five bucks on a LLL.com

•••
And why base it on top 10 sales? Of course, those are easiest to get right. Spit out a value for any LLL.com at $30K-100K range and across a few you'll probably won't go wrong. Put around a million on a good word LLLL.com etc.

How about trashy .com names that nobody would pay even $10 for that estibot values at low to high $xxxx?

•••
And why base it on top 10 sales? Of course, those are easiest to get right. Spit out a value for any LLL.com at $30K-100K range and across a few you'll probably won't go wrong. Put around a million on a good word LLLL.com etc.

How about trashy .com names that nobody would pay even $10 for that estibot values at low to high $xxxx?

Top10 as was not wasting my limit doing more. I never have been a estibot fan i often will chase domains of zero value. I do have domains that are hard to sell with hight estibot values also. I only posted my findings as was surprised. If it was 10 million apart i would have been less shocked. I just thought it never got it right.

As noted estibot adjusts according to sales making whole post irrelevant.

•••
Top10 as was not wasting my limit doing more. I never have been a estibot fan i often will chase domains of zero value. I do have domains that are hard to sell with hight estibot values also. I only posted my findings as was surprised. If it was 10 million apart i would have been less shocked. I just thought it never got it right.

As noted estibot adjusts according to sales making whole post irrelevant.

it does not update in real-time. If you're quick you can compare the estimated value vs. the sales value.

•••
•••
Estibot can appraise any domain, but very few domains will ever sell. An appraisal is just a figure until a sale is made. It doesn't tell you the odds of actually making a sale.

•••
Just used Estibot for the first time.

AugmentedReality.com - Estibot valuation:- $930 USD

•••
estibot is just a little tool domainers like to use to make themselves feel better about the domains they own

it's a little.. feelgood tool.

•••
Wow! That has got to have appraisal value much higher than that!
MixedReality.com came in at $6,900 )

With AugmentedReality.com what makes it worse is that they themselves show this:

AugmentedReality.com $930 16,800,000 3,567 - medium $0.84

16.8MM search results, 3,567 exact searches at $0.84/click and a current/future tech with large potential...

And these guys valuate bad typo domains at much higher than that...

•••
it does not update in real-time. If you're quick you can compare the estimated value vs. the sales value.

Just did this comparison between sales prices and estibot values for yesterday's sales. I looked at the Search Volumes, CPCs, ages etc as well. Check it out in my Latest Blog Post link below. Interesting!

Last edited:
•••
Use Estibot only for search volumes, CPC, search results etc.

The appraisals can't have any degree of accuracy.

Lately a gtld was bought for 16,000 and sold the same day for 60,000.
Which of the two is the "correct" price ? To which price should Estibot adjust ?

•••
•••
So according to Estibot, i can basically get Immersive.com, AugmentedReality.com and MixedReality.com for a combined total of $23,830.

If anyone can do that for me, they can keep the change out of $50,000.

•••
So according to Estibot, i can basically get Immersive.com, AugmentedReality.com and MixedReality.com for a combined total of $23,830.

If anyone can do that for me, they can keep the change out of $50,000.

Also, remember that Estibot.com tries to provide end user values normally that you'd get with long hold.

So you should ask for quick sale discount of about 80% and try to get all of them for under $5,000.

•••
Use Estibot only for search volumes, CPC, search results etc.

The appraisals can't have any degree of accuracy.

Lately a gtld was bought for 16,000 and sold the same day for 60,000.
Which of the two is the "correct" price ? To which price should Estibot adjust ?
Estibot is simply a dumb appraisal tool. They just use certain parameters to come up with a nonsense number. It is designed for those naive and gullible individuals who live in a fantasy world that is far away from reality. I've no faith in it.
I just sold my domain thru afternic:
MoneyTiger.com for $3k, while the estibot appraisal was just $1700.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back