IT.COM

discuss regard letter "i" and "L" or "I" and "l"

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I noticed sometime, people need to ask , is this an "i" or "L", while there is "I" or "l" in a name....I noticed namesilo using a very nice font in its homapage, the lowcase letter "L" looks like below , which is much easier to read

letter.png

so, I have two question,
1. does this font (base on the css, I believe it called "Nunito Sans") is common and almost hosting in everyone's PC and phone?
2. should we using this font given the letter is such important to us as domainer? I will using some of my landing page as a try..

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
This is a problem. A view years ago a woman bought a domain from auction in SAV for above 2,000$.Then she asked help to cancel the deal because she thought she bought ixxxx.com, but actually it is Lxxxx.com. I didn't remember the domain, but like bought Lnnovation.com because thinking it is innovation.com. And she thought because it is innovation.com, $2,000 is so cheap 😀

•••
All in lowercase letters will solve the problem. Camel case letters can easily confuse.
I was tracking a domain auction the same way and was waiting for the auction end time, thinking I was going to get a premium name at dead cheap price and no one had noticed it 😁. Luckily I realised before bidding and slapped myself.

•••
Thanks for response...Will take a try later on my portfolio site..

•••
•••
Some fonts have also cases where small letters (fi) links together the dot of the i with top of the f, this also should be addressed if those websites use such fonts.

•••
Some fonts have also cases where small letters (fi) links together the dot of the i with top of the f, this also should be addressed if those websites use such fonts.
yes, I think we as domainer(specially while you have your own landing page or portfolio site) need pay attention on this to avoid misleading or something...like the "i/L" issue, like the "fi" issue...to ensure a better readablity been maintained while presenting the name...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back