Register.Com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

RJ

Domain BuyerTop Member
Impact
Thread is for reviews of Register.Com

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
expensive

Simple interface, lack of pushes is a negative, customer service has been good. Prices are absurd.

•••
Review

Absolute crap! Ridiculously expensive. Non resistant customer support. Should be avoided at all cost.

•••
High-Service, low value and benefits

Prices are horrible, and transfers are horrible as well.
They have decent features, and great people on the other end of the line.
However, these benefits are not worth overpaying on domains by 300%, IMHO.
I still have a few domains with register.com (didn't even realize it) because I had some long term registrations I had forgotten about, but now it's going to not even be worth it to transfer them elsewhere most likely.
-Allan

•••
Do they still think it is 1998

Used them twice in the past. Cumbersome management interface, very expensive

•••
Expensive

Just way overpriced.

•••
NameBargain.com

Fine if you can get it done on line, but don't ask for help. There isn't much effort there to help the frustrated customer. Transfer too cumbersome for domainers. Too expensive for the service one gets. Or doesn't.

•••
Bad Service and horrible prices

Well the tilte says it all... Just say NO to register dot com

•••
the worst registrar I have encountered so far

I would never use this company, but won few domains on auction which were registered there. They try to make it almost impossible for you to transfer out domains to another registrar. They require that you call them ( I am out of the US...) to get authorization code. Called them twice, they promised to email me the code, and they still never did. They also would not respond to emails....I would recommend anyone should stay away from them!

•••
Review

In addition to domain registrarions being way overpriced to transfer a name at Register.com to another registrar you must call customer service to get the auth code. This is very inconvenient.

•••
Poor customer service -- extremely hard to work with

I found it easy to register with them, but once they had my accounts they became very difficult to get any meaningful help from. When I finally decided to switch registrars, Register.Com kept putting roadblocks in the way, and made it a time-consuming and unpleasant task.

•••
This registrar is customer focused

Register.com is very customer focused. You can register domains cheaper at other registrars but you won't get the quality of customer service that you will with this company. In the past year they have added a lot of new products. If you're someone who doesn't have the technical background to make it on the Web then you should look at them as one of your options.

•••
Expensive and Horrible to Work With!

Expensive and then they kept calling trying to upsell me.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back