REQ-LOGO: Professional Logo $75 | 48-Hours

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Type of Contest : Logo design - "OnlyDownSouth"

Prize : USD $75.00 (Via PayPal)

Contest End Date & Time : 7/31/2014 11:00 PM Central Standard Time

Size Requirements : Extremely Large high resolution as well as very small logos to go at the bottom of websites or be used as a forum/profile avatar. All HD quality

Color Requirements : None - However, we would prefer lighter colors / white magnolia's - or maybe another color. Please use your best creative ability and I am sure we will love them all. My personal opinion is that it would be nice to have a logo which looks nice either on a black background or white/transparent background.

General Requirement Information: Logo will be used primarily for shirts and profile avatars. (For example an avatar on Etsy)

=============================================================================

Additional Background Information :
Some background - this logo is for my wife's new project. Hopefully it will be something that she sticks with and it will progress into a much larger business over time. (Sadly - we are in Mississippi - the state flower is a Magnolia) Therefore, she would like to incorporate a magnolia flower bloom into the logo. She was looking for a cursive font and nothing too glamorous. She prefers something simple, professional, yet appealing. Please be creative big, small, fancy, or not. We will review them all and may choose more than one (if you have followed some of my other auctions)

Simply re-iterating the above: I personally would like to see as professional as possible, elegant, yet minimalistic enough to be used on cards, shirts, hats, avatars, etc. ***No stock/template logos. In order to be considered you must provide an authentic and original design created in such a fashion that it will pass the trademark process. (Therefore it cannot be copied from anywhere - I promise you, the trademark and patent attorneys will find any duplicates if they exist or are too closely resembling another logo)
Reference Materials / Links
We browsed templates and stock images trying to come up with ideas. Here are some things she liked (again - this is reference only - please do not copy these and/or recreate them) and I believe can be used for general ideas of direction.
PRIORITIES:
1. She wants cursive
2. She wants a magnolia or magnolias incorporated into it. (This could also be a magnolia tree and/or leaves)
3. She prefers light colors
4. Logo must read "OnlyDownSouth"
Here are the promised reference links for ideas of things she did like:
Font and Design (probably one of her favorites:(
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_IfEK4DpHBxM/SDYu8je3PTI/AAAAAAAAABA/W5ikVGqUvGg/S1600-R/logo4blognew.png
Font and Design: http://hawaiicheapeats.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/fi-smartdeals-magnolia-logo.jpg
Font and Design: http://wiltonplayshop.org/img/steelmag_largex.jpg
Font ONLY: (Grand Magnolia) http://jennartpublishing.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/LOGO-GrandMag-600x327.jpg
Font and Design: http://hotmusic.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/mag-logo-small-300x136.jpg
Font and Design: http://www.vbep.org/images/logosBusiness/MagnoliaBistroSmLogo.jpg

Understand that the design will be sold in whole. We will need any PSD's, fonts, design documents that go with it. All rights will be transferred upon payment.

I wish you all the best of luck and I truly look forward to seeing all of your work.

***Depending on number of submissions we reserve the right to extend this auction an additional 24-hours past the posted deadline. I do not foresee this occurring but due to the short window and the weekend, please understand that this may be a possibility.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
thank you :)
here is version with grey:

F8M5CJm.png

x6wMQze.png

•••
Sobi: Thanks - I like those however, I definitely prefer it where "Only" and "South" are a different color than "Down".

•••
design proposition:

-------------------------------

HGRGTE.jpg

•••
Thank you for the feedback, and here's another version:

only-south4-new.jpg

•••
•••
Thank you everyone for your submissions.

Coolwanz: I want to ensure I gave you credit as well because these were excellent. Your designs came in so closely that we had to really consider every avenue. Sadly, if we could chose more than 1-2 designs, we would definitely jump on yours. Beautiful designs and great vision - I want you to know that in the future, I look forward to other contests which you are involved. I feel certain you will win others.
=========================================================================
Considering my last contest - the winner was so close it was nearly impossible to choose 1.

NOTICE:

Therefore, we have decided to pick 2 - one as a $75.00 winner and one as a $50.00 winner. As I have to mention when doing this:
I understand the contest was for $75.00 so if you are the second place winner chosen and you feel your work is worth more than the $50 offered, you can refuse the offer. We will understand since you all considered this to be a $75.00 contest.
WINNERS:

$75.00 Winner - Sobi:
We want to say that your work was chosen due to the originality and simplicity. You were the original submitter to present a piece with this design (in this contest) and being the original - I think it's only fair you win. The colors are well done, we really like the first designs you presented with the colored flowers. We want to ensure we receive both the teal and pink designs. We also would like the logos to be handed off with the designs you presented here.
For example: The design with the Only in grey, the Down in Pink/teal, and the South in Grey. We want this design with grey, white, and black for the "Only" and the "South" words leaving the middle word "Down" as pink and teal in the different designs.

Please provide us the logos in small / medium / extra large sizes - we will also need the PSD's/Fonts/artwork and any other files required to duplicate your designs.

The specific designs we want are as follows:
oP3g9mB.png
QSrLSQX.png
oP3g9mB.png
QSrLSQX.png
RUkW8jy.jpg
8vR047s.jpg

Winner #2 - If they wish to accept the $50 offer:
Frikusha - $50

Frikusha: We would like the same files - PSDs/Fonts/Art and transparent logos already created in a small / medium / large (at your discretion).

We love the logos and again, we truly could not pick just one and this situation - someone had to be #2. This does not reflect your work as we believe everyone did a wonderful job.

Frikusha - the designs we are most interested in are:
3o9hBqW.png

And the latest in grey, sorry I didn't have it saved to post.

EVERYONE:

Again, I wish to thank you all for the work you have contributed and I believe everyone here has incredible talent. This has been a real thrill for us and we are excited to do this again with the next venture. Best of luck to everyone!

Winners:

Not to repeat myself but I know this is a long post and that's why I want to summarize:

* Please message me your Paypal address for payment - payment will be sent within 12-hours.
* Upon sending the files - I ask you to please make a small / medium / large png file for each logo (your discretion on size).
* Please ensure you send fonts, art, PSD's, and any other related files to duplicate/resize the logos if needed in the future.
* Once completed, I ask you to please post in the thread that you have completed the transaction so the thread can be closed out once finished.
* Frikusha: If you do not wish to accept the $50 for the logo work you have completed, simply let me know and we will understand.

Good luck everyone and we will keep this thread updated with progress.

Attachments

• F8M5CJm.png
    F8M5CJm.png
    53.5 KB · Views: 46
  • fsbog0R.png
    fsbog0R.png
    204.4 KB · Views: 47
•••
Frikusha: The other design we would like to receive is this one. Sorry I couldn't edit and add this in.
x6wMQze.png

•••
Great contest, wonderful designs. Congrats!

•••
payment received and files sent, thank you :)

•••
Payment Received and Files Sent, Great Contest Holder , Very Fast payment A++++ , Trusted Contest holder,

Thanks,
Sobi.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back