REQ-LOGO: Professional Logo $75 | 48-Hours

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Type of Contest : Logo design - "OnlyDownSouth"

Prize : USD $75.00 (Via PayPal)

Contest End Date & Time : 7/31/2014 11:00 PM Central Standard Time

Size Requirements : Extremely Large high resolution as well as very small logos to go at the bottom of websites or be used as a forum/profile avatar. All HD quality

Color Requirements : None - However, we would prefer lighter colors / white magnolia's - or maybe another color. Please use your best creative ability and I am sure we will love them all. My personal opinion is that it would be nice to have a logo which looks nice either on a black background or white/transparent background.

General Requirement Information: Logo will be used primarily for shirts and profile avatars. (For example an avatar on Etsy)

=============================================================================

Additional Background Information :
Some background - this logo is for my wife's new project. Hopefully it will be something that she sticks with and it will progress into a much larger business over time. (Sadly - we are in Mississippi - the state flower is a Magnolia) Therefore, she would like to incorporate a magnolia flower bloom into the logo. She was looking for a cursive font and nothing too glamorous. She prefers something simple, professional, yet appealing. Please be creative big, small, fancy, or not. We will review them all and may choose more than one (if you have followed some of my other auctions)

Simply re-iterating the above: I personally would like to see as professional as possible, elegant, yet minimalistic enough to be used on cards, shirts, hats, avatars, etc. ***No stock/template logos. In order to be considered you must provide an authentic and original design created in such a fashion that it will pass the trademark process. (Therefore it cannot be copied from anywhere - I promise you, the trademark and patent attorneys will find any duplicates if they exist or are too closely resembling another logo)
Reference Materials / Links
We browsed templates and stock images trying to come up with ideas. Here are some things she liked (again - this is reference only - please do not copy these and/or recreate them) and I believe can be used for general ideas of direction.
PRIORITIES:
1. She wants cursive
2. She wants a magnolia or magnolias incorporated into it. (This could also be a magnolia tree and/or leaves)
3. She prefers light colors
4. Logo must read "OnlyDownSouth"
Here are the promised reference links for ideas of things she did like:
Font and Design (probably one of her favorites:(
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_IfEK4DpHBxM/SDYu8je3PTI/AAAAAAAAABA/W5ikVGqUvGg/S1600-R/logo4blognew.png
Font and Design: http://hawaiicheapeats.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/fi-smartdeals-magnolia-logo.jpg
Font and Design: http://wiltonplayshop.org/img/steelmag_largex.jpg
Font ONLY: (Grand Magnolia) http://jennartpublishing.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/LOGO-GrandMag-600x327.jpg
Font and Design: http://hotmusic.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/mag-logo-small-300x136.jpg
Font and Design: http://www.vbep.org/images/logosBusiness/MagnoliaBistroSmLogo.jpg

Understand that the design will be sold in whole. We will need any PSD's, fonts, design documents that go with it. All rights will be transferred upon payment.

I wish you all the best of luck and I truly look forward to seeing all of your work.

***Depending on number of submissions we reserve the right to extend this auction an additional 24-hours past the posted deadline. I do not foresee this occurring but due to the short window and the weekend, please understand that this may be a possibility.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
VXLQN3B.jpg

JmgMhwC.jpg

Last edited:
•••
Sorry I only meant a magnolia image of some kind added in. "Magnolia incorporated" can be removed.

Sorry for the confusion. I really like these. The styling and use of colors and font. Thank you!

The top one is my definite favorite of the two. This is the kind of direction we are going.

Last edited:
•••
•••
It should read "OnlyDownSouth"

Definitely not a big fan of the heavy bold font. However, I do like the design but I would like to see everyone explore other color patterns. Pink is not our preferred choice of colors - just happens some of the designs we liked were pink.

•••
Here is the another design

down.png

Last edited:
•••
•••
The one up from the last and the first one she likes quite a bit. However, she doesn't like the stem. She likes the pink magnolia but feels there is too much pink and another color or colors would be helpful.

Possibly a light to medium dark blue. Not so dark that it wouldn't look good on a black background but maybe a blue. Definitely no greens.

Just a thought - I have no idea what to change to add other colors but that's something an artist like yourself may know.

So anyway, in summary, she likes the pink magnolia because it's different. She likes the cursive font but she just believes there should be another color added to break up the solid pink.

The stem she would like removed and possibly the flower centered under the logo - like layered (not actually under it)

•••
•••
This Magnolia Image is part of my friend's portfolio, if you like it i'll tell her to do more
OnlyDownSouth.png

•••
•••
•••
•••
Sobi: We really like this design - both in pink and the teal colors.

I do have a question as to the design - would it be possible to add color to the individual magnolias? I am concerned it may just screw up the design but we are curious as to whether adding color to them would make the image stand out more. Additionally, there is a concern with the font - specifically the spacing between the 't' and the 'h' in South. I understand this is just the font but that gap really bothers her. Is there another font that may closely resemble this font - without the significant gap?

Otherwise, this is definitely the one that she keeps coming back to as her favorite. So I would love to see about those tweaks as to whether they would make much difference?

Thanks!

•••
GTraffic:
At this time - your design and Sobi's appear to be favorites. What I would like to see is whether we can change the font and kind of break up the pink. I think she prefers to keep the magnolia itself pink - but she prefers the image without the floral leaves, etc. The original flower was perfect just without the stem.

As for the font, she really enjoys the font but we would like to see some color variations as it's just too much pink.

EVERYONE:
I thank you all for your hard-work thus far and the contest is still going. We really look forward to other submissions and creative stylings by other artists. We are super excited so please add your submissions before the deadline as we want to give everyone a chance to compete.

Best of luck to everyone!

•••
Update Version With Fixed "T" and "H" Gaps and changed magnolia's colours,

oP3g9mB.png

Best Regards,
Sobi.

•••
2 more versions, any feedback appreciated.
only-south4.jpg
only-south5.jpg

•••
feedback appreciated:

3o9hBqW.png

fsbog0R.png

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
Wow!

Sobi: At this point, I would have to say that we feel this is our favorite thus far. However, we would want to ensure we can get the logo in the pink and teal, as well as with black text for the "Only" "South" - for use on white paper/backgrounds. As well as the white "Only" "South" for use on black backgrounds. (All of which you have posted, so we simply want to ensure we can get each of those.

Frikusha: You never cease to amaze me. It's a very close call between yours and Sobi's. I would be interested in seeing the logo using grey instead of the green - for use on dark backgrounds?

Lulian M: Wonderful use of colors and designs. We are both very intrigued by your submissions and think they are incredibly well done. However, at this moment, I can say that they just do not match up with the styling we are looking for. Thank you though - you certainly are/were on the right track but sadly at the end of the day, only one winner can be chosen.

Prazad
: Love the logos and think they would fit into some of the marketing materials we would use logos for. However, the flower is just not the right match for us and we thank you for the submissions.

Dominum: Nicely done as well. I just think the font is a little too much for us but otherwise, it's a nicely done piece.

NOTICE:
As of now the contest is still ongoing for another 7-hours. We do welcome further submissions - however I wanted to provide enough feedback for everyone to know a little ahead of time on the current submissions. The last thing I want to do is leave everyone hanging or make you all waste your time. We understand everyone's time is valuable so I can only say that I hate I cannot choose everyone.

*Please also consider that based on submissions, we are likely going to choose a design we can use universally for marketing. Meaning: T-Shirts/Polos/Banners/Website/Sponsored listings/etc.
Therefore, please do not take it personally if you aren't chosen. It certainly doesn't reflect your work. A large part of our decision is not just what we like best but also what is easily used 'universally' in the mentioned formats.

Thank you all and I look forward to any future submissions. The contest is not over and a winner has yet to be chosen. Therefore, others still have time to compete and/or submit your work. We will be reviewing down to the final minutes.

Best of luck to you all!

•••
•••
with white background. any colour can be change.

FQt6Jdj.jpg

8EnID0k.jpg

uPozwLF.jpg

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back