Contest End Date & Time : 10 PM CST, April 4th
Size Requirements : See below
Color Requirements : Shades of green
General Requirements : See below
Additional Information :

I am looking for a new website design for my site:
Code:
www.igreendotcard.com
This site is all about Green Dot Cards which are prepaid credit cards which can be loaded with as much or as little money as you like.

As you can tell the current design is very boring and plain. I am looking for something that is more modern, visually appealing, and clean.

The overall width of the design should be approximately 800px and should be a fixed width. I would like a two column design with the left column (navigation) being approximately 180px wide and the right column (main content) being approximately 620px.

The design should also include a logo which incorporates the name of the site - "i Green Dot Card".

I would like to see the official "green dot" icon from:
Code:
www.greendotonline.com
worked into the design / logo somehow as well.

Thank you and I look forward to seeing everybody's work!!

*** Update ***

The winning bidder will receive an additional $50 to slice and code the design / template with HTML and CSS.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Here is my entry

5574070138_f48cde1ae0_z.jpg

feedback will be great, thanks

•••
Great start. Can you turn the igreendotcard.com into some kind of logo / graphic. Maybe incorporate a picture of a credit card into the banner / header as well.

•••
Here with revision

5575773767_092161ef55_z.jpg

feedback will be great. thanks

•••
•••
Looking good guys. I'll be reviewing and providing feedback tomorrow.

Any other designers out there that would like to submit an entry?

•••
this includes coding too, right?

•••
this includes coding too, right?

Hi, thanks for the comment. Yes I will need the winning design coded. But since I forgot to mention that in the original description I will pay the winner an additional $50 to have the design sliced and coded in HTML and CSS.

•••
Too bad since I almost finished it in photoshop and I can't code.

•••
Too bad since I almost finished it in photoshop and I can't code.

Go ahead and finish it up and submit it. If I like the design I can always have it coded by somebody else.

•••
..Ok, So I went with something different than the other concepts above. Everything can be changed(since theres alot of ideas)

Site map link is under the mouse hover.
The Home button is white, which means where you are at the moment.

igreendotcard.png

Feedback appriciated

•••
Here another idea

5581765152_0012707080_z.jpg

any feedback will be great

•••
Thanks everybody for all your work so far. I created a basic wireframe with the exact dimensions for the different sections of the site. I also added a section below the header where an ad block will be located. If you can adjust your designs to meet these changes I would appreciate it.

The wireframe is located below:
http://www.igreendotcard.com/imgs/wireframe.pdf

---------- Post added at 08:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 PM ----------

..Ok, So I went with something different than the other concepts above. Everything can be changed(since theres alot of ideas)

Site map link is under the mouse hover.
The Home button is white, which means where you are at the moment.

igreendotcard.png

Feedback appriciated

I really like this design. Can you make the sizing adjustments and add the ad section I have outlined in the following wireframe - http://www.igreendotcard.com/imgs/wireframe.pdf

Also can you merge the top bar which runs the entire length of the page and make it the same width as the design and get rid of the overlap look of the top bar. Does that make sense?

•••
Thanks for the feedback!
Will try to do that as requested.
Before I make the revision, do you want that the top bar/header and the navigation touch the canvas of the design or is it ok with a 1-2 pixel white stroke/space. And do you preffer round edges or not?

thanks

•••
Thanks for the feedback!
Will try to do that as requested.
Before I make the revision, do you want that the top bar/header and the navigation touch the canvas of the design or is it ok with a 1-2 pixel white stroke/space. And do you preffer round edges or not?

thanks

I would like to the top bar and navigation part touch with a 1 pixel line separating the two different areas. See the attached picture -

http://www.igreendotcard.com/imgs/design.jpg

There picture is really rough but the top right and left rounded corners should be moved up then have the side bars continue down and connect to the rest of the design. Then put the logo and graphics at the very top then leave room for the ad block. Then the navigation and main content columns should be directly underneath the ad block.

Also add a 12 pixel high footer box at the very bottom of the design. This box will content the copyright and sitemap text and link.

•••
Ok here it is. I hope I got it right.
Did as requested: top bar is now merged to the width of the body design. Then I moved the green dot to the top left and the moved the logo to the middle ( Like you did in the picture). Added the add block, fixed the navigation and added the footer.

The Background of the site is now a bit plain, I can still add a pattern or something at the top if you want.

igreendotcard1.png

Feedback appriciated.
thanks!

•••
Ok here it is. I hope I got it right.
Did as requested: top bar is now merged to the width of the body design. Then I moved the green dot to the top left and the moved the logo to the middle ( Like you did in the picture). Added the add block, fixed the navigation and added the footer.

The Background of the site is now a bit plain, I can still add a pattern or something at the top if you want.

Feedback appriciated.
thanks!

Looking good. Couple of tweaks. Can you make the top banner smaller and make the credit card images smaller. The top banner should be around 90 - 100 pixels in height. Then change "Bank Name" on the credit card to "Green Dot".

•••
Thanks again for replying.
Here:

igreendotcard2.png

•••
Zynge.net is the winning bidder. Zynge you do not want to do the coding correct? PM me your Paypal email address and I'll get you paid.

Thanks everybody

•••
Congrats on the win Zynge.net
--------------------------------------------------
Please remember to update this thread once you both confirm files / payment so we can close the contest. thanks.

Eric Lyon
NamePros Team

•••
Thanks for choosing me as a winner!

PMed you my Paypal email address, waiting for a response now.

•••
Update: Payment recieved and files sent successfully. thanks.

•••
Thanks, I'll go ahead and close this now. if either the Designer or Contest holder need assistance, please contact a Moderator.

Eric Lyon
NamePros Team

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back