IT.COM

REVENUEDIRECT.COM! (Official Thread)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi guys,

With John Smrekar's "blessing", we give you RevenueDirect's OFFICIAL THREAD!
Please feel free to contribute your opinions, feedback, suggestions, etc.
Might I mention, there is also a 100% revenue share promotion going on now. :tu:

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Regarding payment - has anyone at all outside the US received any payments
from RD?? Or are they just picking on us poor Canadians?

•••
Im from Outside US. I didnt get paid because my Tax-Form hasnt finished. But im into RD only since a month.

•••
SebastianJu said:
Im from Outside US. I didnt get paid because my Tax-Form hasnt finished. But im into RD only since a month.

There are many of us who submitted their tax forms a long time ago and we
haven't yet been paid. We were told by RD that the W8 form that we submitted may not be enough information. However, I was told that the
issue would be resolved by the end of last week but it obviously wasn't as I haven't heard anything one way or the other yet.

•••
Oops. So Im hoping RevenueDirect has nothing to do with Direct Revenue which I first found googling revenue direct (not as one word).

But as far as I have read they are in the business a longer time so if they would cheat someone had spoke about.

Maybe Loren is the only one that are working there and because of the mass of new Domainers switching there she is buried under tax-forms? :)

Really dont know...

Hope this will be solved soon. Cant find why Loren is saying next day it will be solved and after weeks nothing had changed.

Greetings!
Sebastian

Last edited:
•••
I've seen RDJohn and this thread...

Still no news from them! I tried by email, by phone, and still nothing. We're outside the U.S, and need to fix the taxform issue.

•••
I'm in the UK and been with RD for about a month - I faxed the W8-Ben form off to them around the 15 March hoping to be paid by the 20th - but apparently the form WOULD have been OK, but was missing an 'ITIN' number for US tax purposes. This ITIN number takes 8 minimum weeks to get from the US IRS offices, would cost me £450/$890 and involves sending documentation like passports etc.

RD informed me, because of this, they could pay me my revenue but minus %30 for US tax purposes.

Personally I don't see what the problem is, I don't live in the US, so why should I pay tax there - I pay enough as it is here in the UK, let alone having to pay it twice.

With parked,sedo,domainsponsor,trafficz - even adsense, I've never had any problems like this.

It's a shame because I'm finding RD to work really well and this whole tax thing just lets them down.

•••
"and the drama begins.." :rolleyes:

•••
I got paid once, ive been there for a couple months....im still waiting to be payed for last month =/

•••
Well, I heard this from a third, but reliable, party (RD won't return my PM's, email or
support requests). So I thought I'd better post here. It seems that RD *will be* withholding 30% from non-US users for tax purposes. As for when they might pay the 70%, I can't get an answer on that either.

Anyone affected by this should probably contact RD for confirmation although you may very well be met with silence.

As for me, I've paused all my arbi for now.

•••
packrat said:
Well, I heard this from a third, but reliable, party (RD won't return my PM's, email or
support requests). So I thought I'd better post here. It seems that RD *will be* withholding 30% from non-US users for tax purposes. As for when they might pay the 70%, I can't get an answer on that either.

Anyone affected by this should probably contact RD for confirmation although you may very well be met with silence.

As for me, I've paused all my arbi for now.

At Parked they don't withraw 30% so I don't see a reason for this withdrawal as I've also got to pay my taxes on my part of thr world. The Tax Form thing was a simple process at Parked. It seems a complicated process here at RD. I've also filled out and sent my Tax Form over 2 weeks ago and have had no answer to my e-mails.

It would be advisable for John or Loren to clarify this matter, as its beginning to raise a lot of suspicion as to the the integrity and good name of RevenueDirect. RD can only gain by answering domainers doubts as soon as possible.

Your'e in the USA, not in a third world country!

GIL

•••
Second phone call... Still nothing.

•••
Oddly enough just after my post above I rec'd an email reply from RD saying that "it has not yet been determined that there will be 30% withholding for foreign partners"
and that they hope to have a decision before their next payout date of April 5.

In addition it appears there are those at RD who are in favor of at least paying out the 70% on April 5th.

I would imagine that anyone from RD that posts in this form is not one of the decision
makers. Since RD is owned by Dotster then the problem no doubt lies with their executive officers. Does anyone know if Dotster has had any problems with the IRS in the past? Failing that does anyone have the email address for the CEO of Dotster :)

•••
Got Paid lastnight @ XXX$ .

•••
Got paid for the first part of last month via paypal yesterday (on the 3rd) - but I wonder what's going on with the rest of March's earnings?

Got paid $xxx, but should have been $xxxx for rest of march. Hopefully they'll pay out the rest on the 5th?

But on a good note - the was no 30% tax withholdings on that payment anyway.

Complicated...

•••
I'm from Outside US. I didnt get paid because my Tax-Form hasnt finished. My home dont have FAX, it would cost me much to fax form to USA, could RD allow me submit Tax-Form online like parked.com?

waiting your help.........

thanks!

•••
I received full payment for March. Thanks RD!

•••
catch said:
I'm from Outside US. I didnt get paid because my Tax-Form hasnt finished. My home dont have FAX, it would cost me much to fax form to USA, could RD allow me submit Tax-Form online like parked.com?

thanks!

You should put in a support request at Revenue Direct. There's no guarantee
that you will receive an answer from them in this forum.

Perhaps you could scan in your tax form and email the image to them.

•••
Paid in full for the rest of March. Close to 5 figures.

•••
@The one that got paid

Where your Tax-Forms finally processed before payment came? I have set the Minimum Payment to 5000$ to avoid the loss of 30%. Did you lost the 30% or not?

Greetings!
Sebastian

•••
SebastianJu said:
@The one that got paid

Where your Tax-Forms finally processed before payment came? I have set the Minimum Payment to 5000$ to avoid the loss of 30%. Did you lost the 30% or not?

Greetings!
Sebastian

I was also paid in full for March. Nothing was withheld. My tax
forms had been processed.

If you have submitted your tax forms and are still getting the "tax forms
needed" message when you log in put in a support request. I understand
that their accounting dept. is extremely busy with all the new people signing
up.

•••
catch said:

thanks!
I asked Loren that same question almost 3 weeks ago and she said it was OK.

So I filled out the Tax Form, scaned it and sent it as an attachment. She replied, saying it was correctly filled out. Since then RD has been silent, not responding to e-mails. Perhaps they've been very busy.

I'll have to wait till tomorrow to hopefully get any payment.

GIL

•••
Haven't received any payment yet.

•••
Got Paid via paypal on 4th,Apr.
Excellent!

•••
From the information I have access to I understand that John, the General Manager
at RD, was instrumental in getting payment for non-US members approved with no
withholding as quickly as possible.

So...I would say that we "non-resident aliens" owe him a debt of gratitude!

•••
So is it save to set the minimum payout to 50$ even when on startpage is said that the tax-form isnt finished?

Greetings!
Sebastian

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back