IT.COM

Reviews, ideas, and advice are appreciated

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

inzo

Established Member
Impact
Firstinspire.com

have been working on this site for almost a year now. Suggestions and reviews as to how diverse(in terms of content) the website can go and any other ideas would be much appreciated.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I'm not an S.E.O. genius. Just understand that G has an algorithm with simple rules. If you don't follow the rules then don't expect rewards.
hahaha... google has ZERO algorithms..
they change their rules on every update and have no idea what exactly they want

•••
I'm not an S.E.O. genius. Just understand that G has an algorithm with simple rules. If you don't follow the rules then don't expect rewards.
I'm just sticking to my question about content and diversity. I haven't been working a lot on SEO or Design. Google's algorithm is sometimes a pain in the arse as well. That is is why I'm looking for content.

•••
I'm just sticking to my question about content and diversity. I haven't been working a lot on SEO or Design. Google's algorithm is sometimes a pain in the arse as well. That is is why I'm looking for content.
What problem are you trying to solve? Maybe you are trying to branch out too far with this site and should instead split it up into multiple web sites? What is your pillar content if not quotes?

•••
Google's algorithm is sometimes a pain in the arse as well
I am hopelessly in love with G's algo changes, which are deployed to ward off the evil forces of Darth Vader and The Joker. Everyone complains it's all G's fault. But the simple thing to do is go with the flow and surrender yourself to the eternal hypnosis of the algorithm.

•••
I am hopelessly in love with G's algo changes, which are deployed to ward off the evil forces of Darth Vader and The Joker. Everyone complains it's all G's fault. But the simple thing to do is go with the flow and surrender yourself to the eternal hypnosis of the algorithm.
seriously?
then explain to me why after the last google updates, every night at 3:00 (GMT+2) I get at least 50-60 visitors on my news site always from the same place - Boardman town in Oregon... the town with just 3300 habitants... and every day (according to their time zone) 50-60 of them visit my site, different pages but always 50-60 people together at the same time, everyday ritual...
google wisely algorithm?

Last edited:
•••
What problem are you trying to solve? Maybe you are trying to branch out too far with this site and should instead split it up into multiple web sites? What is your pillar content if not quotes?
I'm planning on keeping it to inspiration as the name states, all I would think about is quotes at that point but I'm planning on more than quotes like stories, etc. there are a few on my mind. The initial intention was to bring inspiration (inventions and stories behind them). But went with quotes for now.

•••
seriously?
then explain to me why after the last google updates, every night at 3:00 (GMT+2) I get at least 50-60 visitors on my news site always from the same place - Boardman town in Oregon... the town with just 3300 habitants... and every day (according to their time zone) 50-60 of them visit my site, different pages but always 50-60 people together at the same time, everyday ritual...
google wisely algorithm?
You must have a fan club in Boardman, Oregon. Could be the ghost of Samuel H. Boardman is spooking you. Just follow the algorithm rules and you will both be fine.

•••
branch out too far with this site and should instead split it up into multiple web sites?
Might have multiple websites as well. or a subdomain for that matter. or will make use of goodquotes.xyz instead of redirecting it.

•••
I'm planning on keeping it to inspiration as the name states, all I would think about is quotes at that point but I'm planning on more than quotes like stories, etc. there are a few on my mind. The initial intention was to bring inspiration (inventions and stories behind them). But went with quotes for now.
How about using your design skills to make 20-second quote videos with inspirational free stock music? Nobody has mastered this yet. One cheap way to take on the big guns at scale (and beat them). Where there's a will there's a way. William Hazlitt. 1822.

•••
You must have a fan club in Boardman, Oregon. Could be the ghost of Samuel H. Boardman is spooking you. Just follow the algorithm rules and you will both be fine.
I never read google rules and suggestions and I have traffic..

•••
•••
•••
•••
btw, i even have traffic on my site which you criticized a few months ago..
just 2 daily visits but they come from google, duckduckgo, and yahoo..
and it is just after a week since I started to add content..
not original content, btw.. and only 45 posts in total..
the same was with my other sites..

•••
•••
i even have traffic on my site which you criticized a few months ago..
Criticism is what a public forum is for. Do you think it was constructive criticism I offered you or just worthless information?

•••
Criticism is what a public forum is for. Do you think it was constructive criticism I offered you or just worthless information?
you provided me with the information i never asked for..
i just wanted to hear something like "I would use this color, I would add here a tab, I would design the frontpage this way.. etc"... but I got only a bunch of useless comments about SEO and claims there was no taco information on my site...

Last edited:
•••
you provided me with the information i never asked for..
i just wanted to hear something like "I would use this color, I would add here a tab, I would design the frontpage this way.. etc"... and I got only a bunch of useless comments about SEO and claims there was no taco information on my site...
Oh I remember now. You're that psycho ex-girlfriend with the all CAPITALISED rant text messages. Lovely to see you again mate. Been far too long. Back to the o-p- I like the clean and uncluttered design. The images are well-presented and the You Tube channel is blossoming. All is fair in love and war. John Lyly.

•••
Oh I remember now. You're that psycho ex-girlfriend with the all CAPITALISED rant text messages. Lovely to see you again mate. Been far too long. Back to the o-p- I like the clean and uncluttered design. The images are well-presented and the You Tube channel is blossoming. All is fair in love and war. John Lyly.
I use capitalized text for blind ones, who even can't read the question before answering.

And there is no any design on the OP site

Last edited:
•••
I use capitalized text for blind ones, who even can't read the question before answering.
I don't think blind people care whether or not the text is caps or normal.

•••
Anyway let's stay on topic mate.

•••
I don't think blind people care whether or not the text is caps or normal.
I am on topic and insist there is no any design on the OP site

•••
I am on topic and insist there is no any design on the OP site
I am not planning my website to look like decorated art or a Christmas party. I like it clean and simple as long as it gets me traffic I'm good with that. I'm getting enough impressions on the existing design. And again my question was never about design. You are not sticking to my question.

If it was about design I would have posted here https://www.namepros.com/forums/web-design-reviews.48/

•••
I am not planning my website to look like decorated art or a Christmas party. I like it clean and simple as long as it gets me traffic I'm good with that. I'm getting enough impressions on the existing design. And again my question was never about design. You are not sticking to my question.

If it was about design I would have posted here https://www.namepros.com/forums/web-design-reviews.48/
I never told you to decorate it as the new year tree..
I mean check every element, and correct all pixel, color, margin etc
the site must be visually intuitive
and adding a few color to your site, would be not bad idea... it is too boring

•••
and adding a few color to your site, would be not bad idea... it is too boring
That is called simple design, or minimalistic design. my color schemes are black, white, and maybe blue. I plan on sticking to it thanks.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back