IT.COM
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Sedo

VIP Member
Sedo.com Staff
Impact
Hi All! :hi:

By request, we've decided to start a thread dedicated to Sedo. We're looking for invaluable insight into what domainers want and need out of our parking program (and marketplace, of course).

Questions, comments, suggestions, tips are welcome! We're hoping this will be a great discussion about what works at Sedo and what might not (please be constructive and respectful to others in your feedback) so that everyone involved can benefit and learn from it.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts and ideas! Happy Holidays!

Always,
Keith
(on behalf of Sedo)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Thanks. Two follow-up questions:

1) How many warnings can you get before being banned?
2) Are you saying that the sales contract is a legal contract that could be used in a court of law to settle a refusal to transfer the domain name?
Subject: Need help locating wire transfer reference number
I recently had a domain sale completed through Sedo.(My first sale!). However, when I contacted my bank about the status of this incoming wire, they requested that I provide the reference number or tracking number associated with the transfer from Sedo.

I've checked the sedo invoice and emails, but cannot seem to find this number anywhere.

I've reached out to Sedo support asking for the wire reference number, but wanted to also check here.
Where can I locate the wire transfer tracking number that my bank requires? Or what is the best way to obtain that information?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Hello,

Thank you for reaching out for assistance.

The tracking number is typically not included on invoices and needs to be directly obtained from our finance department. You are taking the correct approach by reaching out to Sedo support to get the wire transfer reference number. For a quicker response, we recommend contacting your Transfer Agent directly.

Please follow these steps:

1. Log in to your Sedo account and navigate to the Transfer Center.
  2. If your transaction has already been completed, adjust your settings to display "All Transactions" – this will allow you to view both open and closed transactions.
  3. Locate the transaction for your domain sale. You should find an option to send messages or make comments within this transaction record.
  4. Use this functionality to directly communicate with the Transfer Agent assigned to your case. Request the wire transfer reference number through this communication channel.
This method will facilitate a direct and efficient way to obtain the tracking number you need. Please keep an eye on your communication channels for a response from the Transfer Agent or Sedo support.

Best regards,
Your Sedo Team

•••

2) Are you saying that the sales contract is a legal contract that could be used in a court of law to settle a refusal to transfer the domain name?

Hello,

The process regarding warnings before a potential ban is handled on a case-by-case basis. We engage in dialogue with sellers/buyers to thoroughly investigate each situation before making a decision. This ensures a fair and informed approach tailored to the specifics of each case.

Yes, the sales contract is indeed a legal contract that can be enforced in a court of law. If there is a dispute, such as a refusal to transfer a domain name, this contract can be used as a basis to resolve the issue legally. The terms set forth in the contract are binding and provide a framework for legal recourse if necessary.

If you have any further questions, please don't hestiate to contact our support at [email protected].

Best regards,
Your Sedo Team

•••

Last edited:
•••
@Sedo Can you please add Spaceship to your list of registrars in the pulldown menu?
Hello,

Thank you for your comment.

Spaceship is already included in our list of registrars that sellers can select to indicate the current registrar when listing a domain. If you are experiencing any issues or cannot find it in the dropdown menu, please refresh your page or clear your browser's cache. If the problem persists, do not hesitate to contact our support team at [email protected] for further assistance.

Best regards,
Your Sedo Team

•••
@Sedo Can you please add Spaceship to your list of registrars in the pulldown menu?
I believe Spaceship is/was already listed under Namecheap 2?

•••
Hello,

Thank you for your comment.

Spaceship is already included in our list of registrars that sellers can select to indicate the current registrar when listing a domain. If you are experiencing any issues or cannot find it in the dropdown menu, please refresh your page or clear your browser's cache. If the problem persists, do not hesitate to contact our support team at [email protected] for further assistance.

Best regards,
Your Sedo Team

Spaceship is not included - however there is "NameCheap2". Is that what we are supposed to use?

If so - perhaps you can "rename" NameCheap2 to Spaceship to make this obvious. It is NOT a cache issue.

Last edited:
•••
Hello,

Thank you for reaching out for assistance.

The tracking number is typically not included on invoices and needs to be directly obtained from our finance department. You are taking the correct approach by reaching out to Sedo support to get the wire transfer reference number. For a quicker response, we recommend contacting your Transfer Agent directly.

Please follow these steps:

1. Log in to your Sedo account and navigate to the Transfer Center.
  2. If your transaction has already been completed, adjust your settings to display "All Transactions" – this will allow you to view both open and closed transactions.
  3. Locate the transaction for your domain sale. You should find an option to send messages or make comments within this transaction record.
  4. Use this functionality to directly communicate with the Transfer Agent assigned to your case. Request the wire transfer reference number through this communication channel.
This method will facilitate a direct and efficient way to obtain the tracking number you need. Please keep an eye on your communication channels for a response from the Transfer Agent or Sedo support.

Best regards,
Your Sedo Team
Thank you for the suggestion.
Unfortunately, I have not received the ref number from my transfer agent. I would appreciate if you could advise on any alternative methods to request and obtain this reference number.

imgur.com/h6xfVKh

Last edited:
•••
Unfortunately, I have not received the ref number from my transfer agent. I would appreciate if you could advise on any alternative methods to request and obtain this reference number.

imgur.com/h6xfVKh

imgur.com/h6xfVKh
Hey,

We just wanted to let you know that we have sended you a private message on NamesPros. Please check it out!

Best regards,
Your Sedo Team

•••
First, thank you for the Dynadot-Sedo integration. This really helps for quick, verified listings.

Several questions:

1) Is there a minimum success fee of $20 on Sedo MLS for tier1 tlds? If there is currently no such minimum, the NP community may be delighted to know.

2) Now the $100 minimum listing price requirement appears to have been removed on the Dynadot/Sedo interface. So domains can be listed on Sedo MLS for less than $100 using this tool?

3) When removing the domains from Sedo on the Dynadot/Sedo interface, do you always still have to go to Sedo.com to complete the manual removal?
There appear to be an issue that simply because the listings are removed from the Dynadot panel, they still remain active on Sedo.com. Manual removal by logging in to the Sedo.com account direectly appears necessary to complete the removal process. Dynadot customer service successfully walked me through those additional steps yesterday. They did indicate that their tech support check into this issue.

And, apparently there appeared to be a second step required fo me to have the MLS listings also rdemoved using the Dynadot panel. Is that something that can be simplified?
Helllo,

Thank you for reaching out with your questions regarding the Dynadot-Sedo integration. We appreciate your feedback and are continuously working to enhance your experience with our services.

1) Regarding minimum success fees on Sedo MLS for tier1 TLDs, Sedo does not implement a minimum success fee. Our commission rate is 20% for sales made through SedoMLS, regardless of the domain price.

2) Indeed, the $100 minimum listing price requirement has been removed in the Dynadot/Sedo interface. As a result, you can list domains on Sedo MLS for less than $100 using this tool.

3) Concerning the removal of domains from Sedo through the Dynadot interface, this process only deactivates the SedoMLS activation. To completely remove your domain from Sedo, it is required to manually delete it directly from your Sedo.com account.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to reach out support team at [email protected].

Kind regards,
Your Sedo Team

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back