Dynadot
NameSilo
Watch

Sedo

VIP Member
Sedo.com Staff
Impact
Hi All! :hi:

By request, we've decided to start a thread dedicated to Sedo. We're looking for invaluable insight into what domainers want and need out of our parking program (and marketplace, of course).

Questions, comments, suggestions, tips are welcome! We're hoping this will be a great discussion about what works at Sedo and what might not (please be constructive and respectful to others in your feedback) so that everyone involved can benefit and learn from it.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts and ideas! Happy Holidays!

Always,
Keith
(on behalf of Sedo)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I just received the following email from SEDO.

What is the offensive word? Is it "Las Vegas" or "Jewelry". :facepalm:

AI really is the future...

Show attachment 253462
Hello,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Rest assured, we're here to help resolve any issues with domains that got blocked, but should get another review. Therefore, we kindly request that you reach out to us at [email protected] email address associated with your Sedo account. They will review the situation promptly and provide further assistance.

Best regards,
Your Sedo Team

•••
AI: Jewel is offensive word.
meanwhile: get this name for 4,969 USD!

Show attachment 253463
Hello,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. The Sedo domain marketplace is comprised of millions of domain names and reviewing takes some time. Once flagged by us for review or mentioned in an official complaint or forum like you did, all domains go through the same review process and may be blocked accordingly. We will promptly notify our security and compliance team.

Best regards,
Your Sedo Team

•••
Hello,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Rest assured, we're here to help resolve any issues with domains that got blocked, but should get another review. Therefore, we kindly request that you reach out to us at [email protected] email address associated with your Sedo account. They will review the situation promptly and provide further assistance.

Best regards,
Your Sedo Team
You responded to me on Twitter and in this thread. You have all the details you need to send it to the right department.

There should be no reason that I have to waste more time and energy to contact support.

I mentioned this mainly to highlight the absurdity of the "AI" system that is being used.

You know when a term like "las vegas jewelry" is flagged, but antijew.com and antijews.com are listed on the SEDO marketplace.

Whatever AI system you are using clearly has problems and should not be relied upon without some level of manual supervision.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
If I point my nameservers to Sedo do I receive extra promotion/views vs when I list a name for sale and the nameservers are pointing elsewhere? If yes, can you explain or provide a link so I can see exactly what that promotion gets me?

•••
•••
If I point my nameservers to Sedo do I receive extra promotion/views vs when I list a name for sale and the nameservers are pointing elsewhere? If yes, can you explain or provide a link so I can see exactly what that promotion gets me?
Hello,

Thank you for your comment.

If you point your nameserver to Sedo and set up the Sales Lander, you will benefit from our 10% commission and are three times more likely to sell. With the new SL15, you can expect a +43% conversion on impressions to started bid threads (BIN, MO, Auction bidding), making your domains more likely to get sold. Additionally, there is a +23% conversion to successful transfers, meaning your started bid threads are more likely to convert into a successful sale, while experiencing a -15% reduction in cancellations of started bid threads. Your negotiations are more likely to lead to an agreement.

You can find more information and benefits here: https://sedo.com/us/about-us/news-p...le-template-brings-attention-to-your-domains/

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact our support team at [email protected].

Best regards,
Your Sedo Team

Last edited:
•••
Some examples of my domains that are blocked "due to a potential violation of Sedo's policy" are:

wish.bar
bigbang.pro
prudential.cc
ebill.info
echo.wtf
leonidas.info
lucent.pro
echoes.pro
newton.best
zenith.bar

Generic English words and some names.
Do you see any reason these are blocked?

@Sedo
I did indeed contact your support once about this.

The response I got was:
"Unfortunately this domain cannot be listed in your Sedo account due to potential conflict with the rights of a third party. Upon receiving a complaint to Sedo’s Rights Protection Program from a validated trademark holder, Sedo will evaluate whether affected domains may utilize Sedo’s website and services. This determination is made in Sedo’s sole discretion after considering the interests of the domain owner, buying public, and trademark holder."

And when I asked for more details:
"We are unable to divulge any personal information. When someone files a trademark our system picks it up and keeps domains that conflict with those third party rights form being sold on Sedo."

Last edited:
•••
That's ridiculous. Every word is trademarked in some class. And files a trademark?

Sedo's financial seppuku.

•••
Hello,

Thank you for your comment.

If you point your nameserver to Sedo and set up the Sales Lander, you will benefit from our 10% commission and are three times more likely to sell. With the new SL15, you can expect a +43% conversion on impressions to started bid threads (BIN, MO, Auction bidding), making your domains more likely to get sold. Additionally, there is a +23% conversion to successful transfers, meaning your started bid threads are more likely to convert into a successful sale, while experiencing a -15% reduction in cancellations of started bid threads. Your negotiations are more likely to lead to an agreement.

You can find more information and benefits here: https://sedo.com/us/about-us/news-p...le-template-brings-attention-to-your-domains/

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact our support team at [email protected].

Best regards,
Your Sedo Team

I see. But there is no promotion to speak of? Just a "lift" of conversion rates once someone gets to the lander, is that correct? Another way to ask this... do you direct traffic to the landers in any way (or are the +% conversions you speak of only occurring once someone lands on the lander itself)?

Last edited:
•••
I see. But there is no promotion to speak of? Just a "lift" of conversion rates once someone gets to the lander, is that correct? Another way to ask this... do you direct traffic to the landers in any way (or are the +% conversions you speak of only occurring once someone lands on the lander itself)?
Hi,

We do not direct traffic to the sales lander. However, it can draw attention to your domains, by clearly indicating that the domain is for sale and making it easy for a potential buyers to make contact.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact our support at [email protected]

Best regards,
Your Sedo Team

•••
Dear Sedo Team,

I hope this message finds you well. As a long-time user of Sedo’s services, I appreciate the platform’s historical significance and its role in shaping the domain industry. However, I’d like to share some observations and thoughts regarding the need for innovation.
  1. Platform Modernization: While Sedo has been a trailblazer in the domain market, it’s evident that the website and platform could benefit from a fresh perspective. As technology evolves rapidly, user experiences become increasingly critical. A more intuitive, responsive, and visually appealing interface would enhance Sedo’s appeal to both seasoned domain investors and newcomers.
  2. Industry Trends and Decline in Aftermarkets: The domain industry is undergoing significant changes. Consolidations and acquisitions have led to a decline in the number of domain aftermarkets. To remain competitive, it’s crucial for Sedo to stay ahead of the curve. Innovations are not just desirable; they are essential for survival.
  3. Anticipating the Future: Sedo’s historical context uniquely positions it to anticipate Future trends. What innovations does Sedo envision? Sharing insights on these topics would be invaluable to the community.
  4. Collaboration and Leadership: Sedo’s reputation as a leader in the domain industry extends beyond its platform. By fostering collaboration, Sedo can drive innovation collectively. Perhaps partnerships with startups, tech incubators, or industry experts could yield fresh ideas and solutions.
Your insights and forward-thinking approach matter greatly to all of us who engage with domains daily.

Thank you for your time, and I look forward to hearing your thoughts.

Warm regards,

Future Sensors

•••
You responded to me on Twitter and in this thread. You have all the details you need to send it to the right department.

There should be no reason that I have to waste more time and energy to contact support.

I mentioned this mainly to highlight the absurdity of the "AI" system that is being used.

You know when a term like "las vegas jewelry" is flagged, but antijew.com and antijews.com are listed on the SEDO marketplace.

Whatever AI system you are using clearly has problems and should not be relied upon without some level of manual supervision.

Brad
It looks like SEDO removed the domains mentioned from their marketplace.

My guess is it was not via the "AI" system, but rather a manual removal after this was highlighted.

My domain has not been added back, and I have no intention of contacting SEDO support about it. There is no more information they should need from me.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Dear Sedo Team,

I hope this message finds you well. As a long-time user of Sedo’s services, I appreciate the platform’s historical significance and its role in shaping the domain industry. However, I’d like to share some observations and thoughts regarding the need for innovation.
  1. Platform Modernization: While Sedo has been a trailblazer in the domain market, it’s evident that the website and platform could benefit from a fresh perspective. As technology evolves rapidly, user experiences become increasingly critical. A more intuitive, responsive, and visually appealing interface would enhance Sedo’s appeal to both seasoned domain investors and newcomers.
  2. Industry Trends and Decline in Aftermarkets: The domain industry is undergoing significant changes. Consolidations and acquisitions have led to a decline in the number of domain aftermarkets. To remain competitive, it’s crucial for Sedo to stay ahead of the curve. Innovations are not just desirable; they are essential for survival.
  3. Anticipating the Future: Sedo’s historical context uniquely positions it to anticipate Future trends. What innovations does Sedo envision? Sharing insights on these topics would be invaluable to the community.
  4. Collaboration and Leadership: Sedo’s reputation as a leader in the domain industry extends beyond its platform. By fostering collaboration, Sedo can drive innovation collectively. Perhaps partnerships with startups, tech incubators, or industry experts could yield fresh ideas and solutions.
Your insights and forward-thinking approach matter greatly to all of us who engage with domains daily.

Thank you for your time, and I look forward to hearing your thoughts.

Warm regards,

Future Sensors
Hello,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and observations with us.
Your input is invaluable, and we're committed to continuously improving our platform based on your experiences and suggestions.We are continuously redesigning the most frequent and valuable customer journeys, including the recently updated SL15, MLS Landing Pages, Login & Registration processes. We are actively working on modernizing our platform to enhance user experience and stay ahead of industry trends. Your feedback is greatly appreciated, and we look forward to continuing to improve and innovate with the support of our community.

Best regards,
Your Sedo Team

•••
It looks like SEDO removed the domains mentioned from their marketplace.

My guess is it was not via the "AI" system, but rather a manual removal after this was highlighted.

My domain has not been added back, and I have no intention of contacting SEDO support about it. There is no more information they should need from me.

Brad
Hello Brad,

We have looked into your matter again and our security and compliance team has informed us that the domain lasvegasjewelry.com has been whitelisted.

Best regards,
Your Sedo Team

•••
@Sedo
Some examples of my domains that are blocked "due to a potential violation of Sedo's policy" are:

wish.bar
bigbang.pro
prudential.cc
ebill.info
echo.wtf
leonidas.info
lucent.pro
echoes.pro
newton.best
zenith.bar

Generic English words and some names.
Do you see any reason these are blocked?

@Sedo
I did indeed contact your support once about this.

The response I got was:
"Unfortunately this domain cannot be listed in your Sedo account due to potential conflict with the rights of a third party. Upon receiving a complaint to Sedo’s Rights Protection Program from a validated trademark holder, Sedo will evaluate whether affected domains may utilize Sedo’s website and services. This determination is made in Sedo’s sole discretion after considering the interests of the domain owner, buying public, and trademark holder."

And when I asked for more details:
"We are unable to divulge any personal information. When someone files a trademark our system picks it up and keeps domains that conflict with those third party rights form being sold on Sedo."

I think you forgot to reply to me.

Also please explain how "redpill.pro", is violating your policies.

If I knew that in advance, I would have taken the blue pill...

Last edited:
•••
Sedo is perfect marketplace, the Best one, but it, perhaps, should become a bit more modern. (Design and functions).

•••
I think you forgot to reply to me.

Also please explain how "redpill.pro", is violating your policies.

If I knew that in advance, I would have taken the blue pill...

I just got the same notice from Sedo for the domain:

"altrightpurge.com"

Do I see a common theme emerging here?

Last edited:
•••
Strange things are happening at @Sedo in the last period.

Yesterday, I've logged-in to Sedo to add one domain to their premium network, because my name was out of ICANN's 60 days lock, but to my surprise out of 55 domain names that I have listed at Sedo, 51 names were deleted on February 14 2024, and not by me.

So I sent an e-mail to Sedo support to see what happened (print screen 1).

They answered that "the self-verification was not successful" and they were asking me to re-add the domains (print screen 2).

What "self-verification" was not working? I added to Sedo only 2 domains in the last months, most of them were listed at Sedo for years, and you all know that you can't list a domain there without being verified.

They would have better said that it was a bug and they deleted my domains by mistake.

Now I have to re-add all the domains, to change the DNS, to add categories etc A lot of work for nothing...

Terrible...

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    45.6 KB · Views: 21
  • 2.png
    2.png
    89.8 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
•••

Yesterday, I've logged-in to Sedo to add one domain to their premium network, because my name was out of ICANN's 60 days lock, but to my surprise out of 55 domain names that I have listed at Sedo, 51 names were deleted on February 14 2024, and not by me.

They answered that "the self-verification was not successful" and they were asking me to re-add the domains (print screen 2).

What "self-verification" was not working? I added to Sedo only 2 domains in the last months, most of them were listed at Sedo for years, and you all know that you can't list a domain there without being verified.

They would have better said that it was a bug and they deleted my domains by mistake.

Now I have to re-add all the domain, to change the DNS, to add categories etc A lot of work for nothing...

Terrible...
This is probably the same bug that I've reported to Squadhelp.

All my SH Standard listings with SH DNS were removed from Sedo on that day as well, while my settings for Standard listings were set to 'no Sedo syndication'.

Ticket at SH is still open.

Sample of around 1,000 listings that got deleted:

Screenshot 2024-03-11 at 18-58-43 Domain Management.png

Last edited:
•••

Now I have to re-add all the domains, to change the DNS, to add categories etc A lot of work for nothing...

Terrible...
Maybe they are running some "self-verification" automation process to purge old domains listed without previous verification.

This can be a good thing to get rid of old listings of domains that are no more owned by a user.

I have checked and I still have all my domains listed at Sedo that were uploaded using their verification process.

•••

All my SH Standard listings with SH DNS were removed from Sedo on that day as well, while my settings for Standard listings were set to 'no Sedo syndication'.

Interesting. I was thinking for a moment: what if it is related to Squadhelp's Sedo Automatic Syndication? But then I remembered I never used that option for my Standard Listings. I've always added manually my domains to Sedo.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    96.1 KB · Views: 17
•••
Interesting. I was thinking for a moment: what if it is related to Squadhelp's Sedo Automatic Syndication? But then I remembered I never used that option for my Standard Listings. I've always added manually my domains to Sedo.
Your workflow is exactly the same as mine. If you could confirm the timestamps from my previous posting, it's 100% sure that it was SH deleting (and relisting) at Sedo.

Last edited:
•••
Maybe they are running some "self-verification" automation process to purge old domains listed without previous verification.
I don't think this was the case here.

•••

In the past, I had domains removed by Sedo without notice when other (mega) accounts did uploads. Those uploads included names that the other account presumably had let expire but their spreadsheet uploads still had the names.

This may not be what's happening to you but removal without notice is nasty.

•••
Maybe... but all my domains were verified using DNS, some in 2019-2020. It looks like they messed some things up for some of us...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back