Dynadot
NameSilo
Watch

Sedo

VIP Member
Sedo.com Staff
Impact
Hi All! :hi:

By request, we've decided to start a thread dedicated to Sedo. We're looking for invaluable insight into what domainers want and need out of our parking program (and marketplace, of course).

Questions, comments, suggestions, tips are welcome! We're hoping this will be a great discussion about what works at Sedo and what might not (please be constructive and respectful to others in your feedback) so that everyone involved can benefit and learn from it.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts and ideas! Happy Holidays!

Always,
Keith
(on behalf of Sedo)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I Want simple domain ownership verification system.
Hello,

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your input and understand the convenience of a simple domain ownership verfication system. A new owener verfication system at Sedo is currently not planned.

Please understand that the owner verfication is required to ensure that the seller is indeed the owner of the domain, so it can be listed and sold through Sedo.

However, if you enter your verification ID provided by Sedo, Sedo's system can automatically verify you as the current domain owner quick and easy.
Login to your Sedo account and go to My Sedo > My Domains and click on the tab "Domain Ownership Verification". Here you will see your individual verification ID which consists of 40 digits. This ID is account-based and can be used for every domain in your Sedo Account.

Copy your verification ID, log in to your registrar account, and navigate to your domain DNS settings section. Often, this button is called "Settings", "Config", "Console", or something similar. Select the record type TXT or CNAME and paste your verification ID in that field (make sure not to paste blank spaces). Confirm your changes to complete this action.

If you need further information or help, feel free to contact our support directly ([email protected]).

Best regards,
Your Sedo Team

•••
Ok, thank you. Is there a way to "pause" certain domains, rather than go through the longer process of deleting, then 60 days later adding and re-verifying? (Note afternic has a pause feature).
Hi,

You have the option to set a domain as not for sale by taking the following steps:
Log in your account > Go to "My Sedo" > "My Domains" "> "Change your view to Sales Settings" > "For Sale" > "no".

Best regards,
Your Sedo Team

•••
Hi,

You have the option to set a domain as not for sale by taking the following steps:
Log in your account > Go to "My Sedo" > "My Domains" "> "Change your view to Sales Settings" > "For Sale" > "no".

Best regards,
Your Sedo Team

Perfect! This is what I was looking for. Thank you

•••
Are there currently any ISP bans or other restrictions on Sedo in India?

I am very satisfied with my current marketplace, but am exploring also listing my domains at a second one for additional exposure to India. A marketplace where there are clearly no ISP bans or similar government restrictions would likely be preferred. I found nothing on the internet that indicates Sedo has an ISP ban. Your confirmation of this would be appreciated.

Last edited:
•••
Are there currently any ISP bans or other restrictions on Sedo in India?

I am very satisfied with my current marketplace, but am exploring also listing my domains at a second one for additional exposure to India. A marketplace where there are clearly no ISP bans or similar government restrictions would likely be preferred. I found nothing on the internet that indicates Sedo has an ISP ban. Your confirmation of this would be appreciated.
Hello,

Thank you for your comment.

To receive a response tailored to your needs, please contact our customer support team at [email protected] using the email address associated with your Sedo account. They will carefully review your account and provide a direct response to your inquiry.

Best regards,
Your Sedo Team

•••
Your AI detection system is not very good. If it picks up something, before suspending a domain, let an actual human verify first

•••
Your AI detection system is not very good. If it picks up something, before suspending a domain, let an actual human verify first
Yes, JB Lions, I'm seeing humor in these now after my second of the day. I'm expecting more for other names that are also most definitely not offensive to anyone other than Sedo and their low-end AI bot. It's all very Sedo. The intelligence is not only artificial, it is also very superficial (and not intelligent).

•••

I just received the following email from SEDO.

What is the offensive word? Is it "Las Vegas" or "Jewelry". :facepalm:

AI really is the future...

sedo.jpg

Last edited:
•••

Show attachment 253462
I think that they are going to need to apply the brakes on this round of offenders, Brad. I've received two so far and both had the string "associates" in the name. I ass-ume that they are targeting a particular string there because I can't see anything else in the two names that would set off such a smart AI tool.

•••
I think that they are going to need to apply the brakes on this round of offenders, Brad. I've received two so far and both had the string "associates" in the name. I ass-ume that they are targeting a particular string there because I can't see anything else in the two names that would set off such a smart AI tool.
It would certainly help to have a real person manually review the domains that are being flagged by their AI system.

Any real person could see this is a legitimate domain.

I know everyone is tripping over themselves to launch "AI" systems, but this system is clearly not ready.

Brad

•••

JEWelry

•••
•••
Just got one for an unregistered domain
was adult related though

•••
•••
Finding and eliminating all potentially offensive three-letter strings on an automated basis will nicely reduce Sedo's saleable inventory. Very intelligent.

•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
AI: Jewel is offensive word.
meanwhile: get this name for 4,969 USD!

ant.JPG

•••
At a time when GoDaddy could seriously use some good, healthy competition, it's nice to Sedo doing this on the cutting edge of AI.

•••
At a time when GoDaddy could seriously use some good, healthy competition, it's nice to Sedo doing this on the cutting edge of AI.
Sedo's so-called AI (which is just a regular expression) really started to take off when the corona pandemic started and Sedo wanted to ban all kinds of virus, corona, covid, and pandemic-related domains from the marketplace.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
To receive a response tailored to your needs, please contact our customer support team at [email protected] using the email address associated with your Sedo account. They will carefully review your account and provide a direct response to your inquiry.
Thank you for the response.

And, BTW, thanks for the direct listing capability through Dynadot. It worked very nicely. Keep up the good work!

•••
Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back