Dynadot
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Sedo

VIP Member
Sedo.com Staff
Impact
Hi All! :hi:

By request, we've decided to start a thread dedicated to Sedo. We're looking for invaluable insight into what domainers want and need out of our parking program (and marketplace, of course).

Questions, comments, suggestions, tips are welcome! We're hoping this will be a great discussion about what works at Sedo and what might not (please be constructive and respectful to others in your feedback) so that everyone involved can benefit and learn from it.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts and ideas! Happy Holidays!

Always,
Keith
(on behalf of Sedo)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hello,

Thank you for your message.

The error occurred because our platform has a maximum bidding amount for automated negotiations, which your entered amount exceeded. To proceed with your desired price point, we suggest using our seller side brokerage service. This service allows for more flexible negotiations and higher price ranges, and applying for it is free.

Once approved, our team will assist you in negotiating the desired price for the domain, and the commission for both negotiation and brokerage will be 15%. This ensures a smoother process and a successful transaction for both parties. You can see the domains, that are currently under exclusive at our brokers here: sedo.com/brokers

Feel free to contact our support team or hire a broker here: https://sedo.com/brokerage/acquisition.php?language=&domain=

Best regards,
Your Sedo Team

Does not make much sense to have a "price limit" in place. At least it should be the same maximum amount which you are using for "BUY NOW".

Since the highest amount at which I can sell a domain at SEDO is EURO 16 million (via BUY NOW), it should be also possible to place a counter-offer of maximum EURO 16 million during price-negotiations as well.
Otherwise your platform is not very "consistent".

Also, the ERROR-message only says something like "Your Price is too high".
The Error-message should say something like: "Please E-mail our broker-service if you want to place a counter-bid of EUR 8888888 "

Anyway, please cap it at EURO 16 million as the maximum amount.
This makes more sense.

•••
Is there a way to reach an authorized person directly?

I'm fed up with the stupid and irrelevant answers the support team keeps giving!

I feel like I have to explain everything over and over for days, as if I were explaining it to an idiot. And as a result, there is no solution at all!

•••
Is there a way to reach an authorized person directly?

I'm fed up with the stupid and irrelevant answers the support team keeps giving!

I feel like I have to explain everything over and over for days, as if I were explaining it to an idiot. And as a result, there is no solution at all!
what do you mean by authorized person?

•••
•••
May I know why you are charging extra 3% from the buyer in the name of "Express Transfer Fee"?!

Are the exorbitant commission rates you earn from the seller not enough?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-09-13 at 04.14.18.png
    Screenshot 2023-09-13 at 04.14.18.png
    87.2 KB · Views: 69
•••
May I know why you are charging extra 3% from the buyer in the name of "Express Transfer Fee"?!

Are the exorbitant commission rates you earn from the seller not enough?
Hello,

Our expedited transfer feature shortens the purchase process for your new domain subject to an additional 3% fee. Currently, the following payment services are only available with an expedited transfer: Alipay, PayPal, Klarna, Cartes Bancaires and credit card.

If you would like to receive the expedited transfer in conjunction with other payment methods or for more information, please contact our customer support.

Best regards,
Your Sedo Team

•••
Our expedited transfer feature shortens the purchase process for your new domain subject to an additional 3% fee. Currently, the following payment services are only available with an expedited transfer: Alipay, PayPal, Klarna, Cartes Bancaires and credit card.

If you would like to receive the expedited transfer in conjunction with other payment methods or for more information, please contact our customer support.

I am not your customer. This is namepros.com, not sedo.com
You just pasted the ready-made answer without even reading what I wrote. This confirms the claim that "the support team is not doing their job properly" that I mentioned in my previous message in this topic.

You already receive 10-20% commission from the seller without almost doing nothing. You don't even have a brokerage service. So, I ask why are you charging extra 3% from the buyer?

These types of hidden charges incurred at the last minute have a negative impact on the buyer side, which leads to a decrease in sales.

Moreover, Afternic and DAN do not have this type of extra pricing and fast-transfer works as it should.

•••
What is exatly the gain of this?

BIN-Selling on Sedo marketplace = 10% fees
BIN-selling on a Sedo partner marketplace (i.e. through MLS network) = 20%

Maybe @cooljub's gain lies in the difference : )

•••
In terms of the Sedo MLS or MLS premium, wouldn't it be great to have the option to have only the price that you set be the pricing across the board for all MLS and MLS premium partners?
With Sedo MLS you mean Sedo Basic, I guess.

I'm wondering what's the point of activating MLS Premium, given that there is no benefits in terms of visibility.

The main difference between Basic and Premium is that Premium is a faster transfer should the domain sell and the seller would get the funds for the sale quicker, however the promotion of your domains is mainly the same.

Noob's question to experienced domainers: does that faster transfer feature increase sales?

•••
New Sedo forsale landers (using sl1.sedo.com and sl2.sedo.com) are supposed to support httpS. However, at this time: httpS: //somedomain.com works fine and is forwarded to the landing page, but https: //www.somedomain.com does not work as there is no SSL certificate. Why is this? Why not to generate SSL for both www and naked domain (or a wildcard ssl)?

@Sedo

•••
So, I ask why are you charging extra 3% from the buyer?
What I beleive is happening is:

Sedo offers (low) 10% commission on sales occured via parked or forsale page - where they deal with the buyer directly. Sedo, like any other merchant, needs to pay for credit card and paypal processing. Sedo does not need to pay extra if they receive bankwires or direct SEPA transfer in Euros. At the same time, they do not want (or cannot) officially set credit card surcharge: even if it is legal in Germany, it may be illegal in other countries. Therefore, they "opted" to somehow promote offline payment methods (cheaper) VS expedited transfer service (online payment methods). I think it was always the case...

Just imo.

•••
Sedo offers (low) 10% commission on sales occured via parked or forsale page - where they deal with the buyer directly. Sedo, like any other merchant, needs to pay for credit card and paypal processing

Until recently, DAN was charging 9% commission and this included ~3% credit card payment fee.

Hidden charges that appear at the exact moment of payment definitely create a shady image and scare off buyers.

In addition, they consider themselves entitled to receive 20% commission on sales made through the offer, even though there is no brokerage service. It is also necessary to check whether they get +3% on top of this 20%.

Like every monopoly company, they do whatever they want. SEDO has nothing to defend.

•••
Hello,

Best regards,
Your

Until recently, DAN was charging 9% commission and this included ~3% credit card payment fee.

Hidden charges that appear at the exact moment of payment definitely create a shady image and scare off buyers.

In addition, they consider themselves entitled to receive 20% commission on sales made through the offer, even though there is no brokerage service. It is also necessary to check whether they get +3% on top of this 20%.

Like every monopoly company, they do whatever they want. SEDO has nothing to defend.
Hello,

Thank you for sharing your concerns about the fees and charges on Sedo. We appreciate your feedback, and we'd like to provide some clarification on our pricing structure.

SedoMLS Network: When you list your domain with us, we automatically promote it through our SedoMLS network. If your domain is sold to a buyer from our SedoMLS network, we charge a fee of 20% of the gross sale price.

Sedo Brokerage: If the domain is sold to a buyer through brokerage, we charge a fee of 15% of the gross sale price.

Expedited Transfer Feature: To expedite the domain transfer process, we offer an optional feature that incurs an additional 3% fee. This feature is particularly useful for those who require faster transfer times and is currently applicable to payment methods like Alipay, PayPal, Klarna, Cartes Bancaires, and credit cards.

Best regards,
Your Sedo Team

•••
Sedo Brokerage: If the domain is sold to a buyer through brokerage, we charge a fee of 15% of the gross sale price.

Where exactly is this brokerage? I deal with all incoming offers, there is no broker involved.

Expedited Transfer Feature: To expedite the domain transfer process, we offer an optional feature that incurs an additional 3% fee. This feature is particularly useful for those who require faster transfer times and is currently applicable to payment methods like Alipay, PayPal, Klarna, Cartes Bancaires, and credit cards.

No. This is not optional. You force the buyer to pay +3%. And I have repeatedly stated that this is not reasonable and will drive away customers.

And you are still entering copy-paste answers here as if I were the buyer!

You really have lost control. You don't know what you're doing.

Last edited:
•••
is there a way to bulk change sedo sales landers for multiple domains? seems insane to expect individual change per domain especially if you have several hundred.

•••
is there a way to bulk change sedo sales landers for multiple domains? seems insane to expect individual change per domain especially if you have several hundred.
my domains...domain management...customize your view...next to "layout" click "show". you can then bulk change landers

•••
my domains...domain management...customize your view...next to "layout" click "show". you can then bulk change landers
oh my God. Thanks so much. This is yet another reason I despise Sedo. Nothing is intuitive.

•••
Is there a sedo sales lander you recommend? im sure results will vary but what is the general consensus on a particular lander? ive heard lander 5 is good.

•••
Is there a sedo sales lander you recommend? im sure results will vary but what is the general consensus on a particular lander? ive heard lander 5 is good.
all of mine are set to ...Sales Lander V5...you can preview it here... hounddog.xyz

•••
•••
Thanks. And youve found that you at least get some traction relative to other landers?
yes, a nice professional look.

•••
After each bulk update, a few domain names get stuck in the verification phase for days and you only fix the situation when I report it to support.

The automatic answer you give is always the same; "may take 24-48 to be approved"

However, although TXT records are active, there are domain names waiting for approval for more than 5 days.

Last edited:
•••
After each bulk update, a few domain names get stuck in the verification phase for days and you only fix the situation when I report it to support.

The automatic answer you give is always the same; "may take 24-48 to be approved"

However, although TXT records are active, there are domain names waiting for approval for more than 5 days.
Hello,

We appreciate your feedback and apologize for any delays you've experienced with domain verification.

If your domains are not verified within a few days, please reach out to our support team. Verification time can vary based on the number of domains and the propagation speed of TXT records.

We value your patience and are here to assist you promptly.

Best regards,
Your Sedo Team

•••
If your domains are not verified within a few days, please reach out to our support team. Verification time can vary based on the number of domains and the propagation speed of TXT records.

This is exactly what I'm talking about! When I check from the terminal on my end and using 3rd party DNS check tools, TXT records propagation appears to have already been completed.

Why do I have to waste time and energy by contacting support every time for a process that should be carried out automatically?

The problem is obviously in your infrastructure and I kindly ask you to fix it.

•••
Sedo is not overly concerned with their infrastructure based on my experience.

I am currently experiencing two problems. Searching in My Domains with Filter By Group is not working. It has been working on and off recently. I value this feature and have reported the issue more than once. I don't get the impression that they care too much.

Their marketplace integrity is impacted negatively when people upload names that include ones that have expired and they have dropped. I've had names deleted from my account without notice in this way. Currently, I'm just seeing the registrar changed which would be a problem for Sedo MLS and is annoying. Reporting it has not had any impact. Two of the names that I'm seeing this with are actively listed on HugeDomains although they are absolutely and demonstrably registered to my company.

Also, watch out for Sedo serving bad actors via Zero Click ads. I visited one of my names using Sedo parking and it served up one of those "your site is infected. call our number to fix this" scam sites. I've found that Malwarebytes has blocked all Sedo parking pages at times. I'm guessing that it is because of these type of advertisers.

Sedo, to their credit, does a very good job with the transfer/escrow/payment process. I trust them in this area.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back