Dynadot

SEDO or NAMEDRIVE ??

Spaceship
Watch
Impact
i hearsd abt namedrive they also offer good revenue for domains park over there...

well...somebody go there and and reply me what is the bet site between this two ..

thnks

--jeet

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Sedo guarantees higher rev than ND? Get our of here! Even if Sedo is claiming this, this is the biggest load of garbage I have heard. It's a miracle if any click at Sedo is more than 10 cents!

•••
agreed 100% ..... ND has been about 10 times more profitable for me so far .....

•••
only a few names now left on sedo to mop up the next parking threshhold payment with the majority now on ND. Next step to list all the names on afternic for sale. bo***cks to 1+1/sedo.

•••
I have more than doubled my pathetic take since moving to ND from sedo...sedo is ridiculous earning 0.03 per day with 100 names...they're all going to ND.

•••
Fonzie, i agree with you, i just said what the Sedo guy wrote to me..

•••
Phew, it's been a while since i've been back here...

Anyway. I fully support namedrive. I'll admit I don't have as many domains as most "professionals" do, but i've got enough to notice the difference in earnings between the major parking services. I've made a lot more at namedrive than at the other places and i'm not planning on moving anywhere else.

•••
Namedrive sounds popular - I will have to read the whole thread when I have a spare day :)

As a matter of interest - has anyone received more offers on their domains once moved to Namedrive ??

Clicks are nice but selling is my main priority :)

•••
Just because you move your domains to ND doesn't mean you remove the listing from Sedo. Keep your listings at Sedo (as well as at Afternic, tdnam, and wherever else you may list) but park at ND.

•••
fonzie_007 said:
Sedo guarantees higher rev than ND? Get our of here! Even if Sedo is claiming this, this is the biggest load of garbage I have heard. It's a miracle if any click at Sedo is more than 10 cents!

I got the same letter, mine referred to SedoPro, and meant higher rev than sedo standard. They didn't mention any other parking service by name.

There are several people who have had good results with the new SP landers, I would give them a try if:
1. I hadn't applied twice, and been rejected twice through two different avenues, with over 600 names that met their criteria.
2. I hadn't just changed 600 nameservers.

Sedo has always been very professional, but the majority of my domains do better at ND. I have found one or two that did better at sedo.

I really want Fabulous to work, but my traffic just disappears there, can't figure it out, I know bots etc, but some have been served, and I know they have real traffic. PM me if you have any Fab tips.

•••
fonzie_007 said:
Just because you move your domains to ND doesn't mean you remove the listing from Sedo. Keep your listings at Sedo (as well as at Afternic, tdnam, and wherever else you may list) but park at ND.

I realise that Fonzie but I think most people interested in buying a name would "probably" type it in to see if it's being used ?

That's why I was wondering if anyone had found that the offers increase since parked at NameDrive ?

•••
gazzip said:
As a matter of interest - has anyone received more offers on their domains once moved to Namedrive ??

I haven't. But I don't exactly own a lot, the difference isnt noticable on that front here though.

•••
well.. i just moved all my domains except the .be's domains from sedo to namedrive amth ago n and also regged new domains .. n i can see clicks as much as $1+ per clicks on my names which only made 0.2 in sedo before.. so i think namedrive do give better revenue...
Sedo did email me as well n offered sedopro templates n say it wuf be better..certainly i am really impressed with the sedopro templates n i am sure there shud be more clicks but reading the thread it seems that the ppc is very low .. not sure if i shud give sedo pro a try or just stick wif namedrive.. ang opinions?

•••
Interestingly, I just had an offer through one of my domains at ND late last week. I am currently in the transaction via escrow, but it looks like it will end up being a nice sale (and ND doesn't skim off any of the profits).

•••
well.. i just moved all my domains except the .be's domains from sedo to namedrive amth ago n and also regged new domains ..

Do it...move those .be's over to ND...my stats, click and rev HAVE, comparatively, SHOT THROUGH THE ROOF compared to sedo...I had .be's that never emurged from "Parked?" acutally making money at ND...AND I have had some clicks on my .be's nearly a buck...not too badly...

I just finished moving all of my non 1and1.com names over to ND from sedo...you all know why I am not moving my 1and1.coms...besides the fact those )*(@#$@#$ locked my account, you also have to change DNS one at a time...I have about 200 with them...you can find out more about my ordeal with 1and1.com by going here. I don't want to go too far off topic here...

•••
i think sedo is better.But sometimes it depends on if you cheat or not
baecause some people click by them selfs and they dont get paid.But
if you have different visitors than they will pay you.

•••
You guys smoking? My .be earnings rose 40% on sedopro. AND i have gotten around 6 offers on my .bes through sedo and one lowball on namedrive.

GO figure. My .bes were parked for each service at one month a piece.

•••
I am smoking something...thanks...but that's besides the point...

I just moved over some names that were doing NOTHING at sedo and now they are getting traffic and clicks...

(puff...puff)

•••
I've had seven offers or enquiries in the last few weeks at Name Drive.

I think people are more likely to fill out the 'Enquire About This Domain' box at N.D. because they don't need to make a binding offer like at Sedo.

The other advantage at N.D. is that the 'Enquirer' has to fill in his Name,Tel. no. and email so at least you have an idea who you are dealing with.

I've also had people fill in the 'Enquire About This Domain' box, asking for a job, a passport and to talk to the president!!!

gazzip said:
Namedrive sounds popular - I will have to read the whole thread when I have a spare day :)

Clicks are nice but selling is my main priority :)

•••
I can't report on any offers, but I can report that I have, nearly overnight, quadrupled my parking revenue simply by switching to a company that reports more traffic and clicks.

I am surprised by exactly how much I was missing out on over the last five months while at sedo. It's just scandalous...I feel like I was ripped off...There is no way that these numbers could just pop up overnight like that. No way....

As soon as those c**kgobblers at 1and1 unlock my account, the remaining 200 names are going out the door...the very instant....

[edit]
Here is my "conspiracy theory" on 1and1.com and sedo:

1and1.com locks the accounts of people parked at sedo to prevent owners from changing the dns to another parking service and sedo skims the profits.

It actually sounds plausible, albeit paranoid

[/edit]

Last edited:
•••
Report a problem of NameDrive:
DameDrive's account registration page is weird. The bank account registration page requires the SWIFT/BIC code, this is general.But it also requires IBAN code. Many banks outside US/Europe have no IBAN code. The normal bank account is not accepted.I can log in but can not get the confirmation letter. The account is not activated.
So my domain names generate money in namedrive, I can see that, but I can not log in to manage my domain.

•••
There are many members of sedo as well as ND so i think think both are as good as another.But there is ur choice to go for SEdo or ND.

•••
ND's templates are really nice ... that's probably one of the reasons CTR is on the higher side as compared to sedo ..... I'm trying skenzo also ... ever since I've moved my domains from sedo, I've been trying various services... anyone have any nice experiences with skenzo ?

Last edited:
•••
lilipeng24 said:
Report a problem of NameDrive:
DameDrive's account registration page is weird. The bank account registration page requires the SWIFT/BIC code, this is general.But it also requires IBAN code. Many banks outside US/Europe have no IBAN code. The normal bank account is not accepted.I can log in but can not get the confirmation letter. The account is not activated.
So my domain names generate money in namedrive, I can see that, but I can not log in to manage my domain.

Just send an email to Ed at [email protected] unlike Sedo he responds in minutes personally, that`s why I love Name Drive.

•••
I've had some of my domains at ND for two weeks now and it seems like I'll make twice as much at ND compared to Sedo.
The only "problem" is a poster domain that I've got. At Sedo I got around €0.15/click, but at ND I average $0.06/click. Anyone else with poster sites that have any keywords to recommend? It's almost only US traffic...

•••
col said:
I've had some of my domains at ND for two weeks now and it seems like I'll make twice as much at ND compared to Sedo.
The only "problem" is a poster domain that I've got. At Sedo I got around €0.15/click, but at ND I average $0.06/click. Anyone else with poster sites that have any keywords to recommend? It's almost only US traffic...

Give it time, and I will bet the number of clicks will quickly make up for the difference in revenue.

I have only found 3/600 that do better at sedo so far, there may be more, I just haven't found them yet.

Frankly, as others of said, I just can't believe the difference namedrive has made in my revenue. Its like sedo counted 1/10 clicks or something. I wonder if this has something to do with "unique visits" and "visitors to this site" discrepencies when you click on your domain in the sedo management panel. I noticed that they can vary by the hundreds.

On my poster sites I use Home>>Decoration>>"keyword", poster, framed, art, prints

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back