IT.COM

Sedo sitting on my sales transaction for 11 days now with payment received - what?!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
A picture says a thousand words: Sedo sitting on the job

I've been on Sedo for 6 years now, have done tens of thousands of dollars in sales and purchases there, and have NEVER had an experience like this. I've had them take forever on transactions where it's not apparent if it's them or the buyer/seller slacking off on the transaction, but in this case it is CLEARLY them and there is NO excuse for it. They told me to renew the domain (which was expiring in January) and after I did that and messaged them that I had, there's been nothing from them...not a peep. They have had the payment for ages now. My last message said 10 days but I forgot that in their time zone, it's the 29th already so it's actually been 11 days now.

I sent a message through their support center and am getting to the point where I'll somehow someway find a phone number for them (nowhere to be found on their site now btw except for a German phone number in "About Us" which I'm assuming is not where I should call) and will be speaking with someone's manager demanding that a certain someone never gets assigned to any of my transactions ever again. If the buyer ends up demanding them for a refund (which honestly I may have by now if I were them and not accustomed to transactions taking long), then I will be absolutely livid...getting there now but am still hopeful someone at Sedo will take action. This is horrendous service period, let alone for someone who's made them thousands upon thousands in commission fees and parking over the years.

If someone from Sedo sees this, please PM me and I'll give details of the transaction so you can help - would really appreciate a response from anyone at Sedo at this point.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Is the name / email of the person working on your transaction shown anywhere?

Sedo used to provide that info, but perhaps they don't anymore?

Ron

•••
Is the name / email of the person working on your transaction shown anywhere?

Sedo used to provide that info, but perhaps they don't anymore?

Ron

The person's name and that's it - not even an email address anymore, but he'd have to be getting all the emails from my updates to the transaction...or at worst even if he wasn't, perhaps see a transaction that's at the stage of payment receive but still open after 11 days and check on it...I dunno. But yea, I've got his name for if and when I need to call and complain.

•••
I have almost similar situation. Sedo already has received a payment, but the transfer isn't going through, and no reply from Sedo transfer agent for 8 days.

•••
I have almost similar situation. Sedo already has received a payment, but the transfer isn't going through, and no reply from Sedo transfer agent for 8 days.

Selling or buying? How exactly isn't the transfer going through?

In my case, they have my payment, normally when I have names at Fabulous they ask me to push it to them and I get paid in a day or two after that, but it's been 11 days and they've told me absolutely nothing.

•••
I have had deals wrap pretty quick from them and take forever, since it says payment has been received I think you might be a victim of the holiday season, probably quite a few employees banked some vacation time with Christmas and may not come back till January 4th would be my guess that they are running a light shift as I am seeing this quite a few places, good luck.

•••
Selling or buying? How exactly isn't the transfer going through?

In my case, they have my payment, normally when I have names at Fabulous they ask me to push it to them and I get paid in a day or two after that, but it's been 11 days and they've told me absolutely nothing.

I sold a domain on Dec 10, they've got payment from the buyer on Dec 21, and since then I'm waiting for a transfer request. I sent a couple of messages to transfer agent at Sedo, but haven't heard back.

•••
Must be the holidays. Bah.

•••
Well they FINALLY did the push request today...whew. Hope yours goes through soon Intermg.

•••
Yes, i had the misfortune of selling two names in one week, with twice the stress of the dreaded silence for weeks before any action.

Phone number? it's a joke that the phone number just tells you to try ring another number with a different extension, in German no less...........when I'm calling from Australia, this is pathetic.

Slow service, seller invoices, min 50 commission in any currency?

This has to be said, SEDO, lift your game!

•••
Well they FINALLY did the push request today...whew. Hope yours goes through soon Intermg.

yeah probably only after reading this thread. i'm convinced they have a large bank account and make people wait while they collect interest.

•••

Is it possible that they need payment to clear before handing over the domain?

If this is the case, better to be safe than sorry.

In any case, your transfer agent ought to answer your questions; to leave you hanging--that's just bad customer service.

•••
•••
Hire off hours, holiday support, the technology is there that they can work from home, this will help sedo close more sales, and even one big sale can pay for the entire costs over a year... Sedo has been very slow in the past Quarter, this is a customer service business, and time is very much of the essence, securing payment, and domain, is very important. I wish domainers would unite and create somewhat of a co-op, I would be willing to invest.

•••
What Sedo needs is competition and there is none of any note so subsequently there is no need for them to improve anything. :td:

•••
What Sedo needs is competition and there is none of any note so subsequently there is no need for them to improve anything. :td:

unfortunately very true :rolleyes:

•••
It's popular because end users can remain anonymous and buy domains from less experienced domainers cheaper, some big companies shop at sedo.

•••
Holiday+Renewal Glitch+Slow Service=Be patient

•••

True that. I'm always amazed when I go to Afternic and see 1 or 2 "closing soon" names...like at this point, why would someone put a name into auction there now? Who's going to look? BuyDomains does a lot of biz otherwise but seems to me like they screwed the pooch on Afternic.

•••
I'm having problems with Sedo too - been nearly two weeks and they haven't bothered replying to my messages.

•••
This is a Sedo pattern.....I suspect a deliberate policy.....Why? It makes them money.

I bought a $xx,xxx domain via Sedo a couple of months ago....I paid within 3 days, by wire transfer, and, receipt of the funds was confirmed.....then...NOTHING for 3 weeks!...No movement on the transfer at all.

Finally, after several increasingly irritated reminders & nudges from me, they said the seller was 'organising' the transfer of the name!

This was rubbish, because the seller was the .Biz registry, itself - and, they had commissioned Sedo to sell the name. The transfer, in this case, was an immediate process.

Sedo just hold buyer's funds in their account for as long as possible....They earn a lot of interest on it...

Imagine just how MUCH buyer's money passes through the Sedo accounts every month, every year...!!

Delaying passing on those funds earns Sedo millions per year extra.....Its free money to them.

•••
Bido and Rick latona take note, major opportunity here!

•••
it happened the same to me. i make a point with paying for the domains as soon as possible and i expect other parties to do the same or at least try it.

i've waited almost two weeks for a domain to be put into my account which, curiously, finaly happened on January. they didn't even bother to reply to my "what's happening?" questions. and the domain cost a couple of thousands.

if you are not one of their buddies you go to the botton of the food chain ::gl:

competition needed!

regards,
tonecas

•••
sorry to hear that... i have a domain that just sold that has been paid, pushed and credit not created literally within 24 hours.... don't think it was a matter of being "too little" to be worth holding onto for interest, and am certainly not on a "buddy" list....

in any event, always a bummer to hear about complications/delays, but I can't really complain personally so far.... yet I do also believe competition would help keep the process honest, fair-priced and stream-lined. sp

•••
sorry to hear that... i have a domain that just sold that has been paid, pushed and credit not created literally within 24 hours.... don't think it was a matter of being "too little" to be worth holding onto for interest, and am certainly not on a "buddy" list....

I too had one just sell and complete in less than 3 days ay Sedo. My first sale there since parking names in Dec.

in any event, always a bummer to hear about complications/delays, but I can't really complain personally so far.... yet I do also believe competition would help keep the process honest, fair-priced and stream-lined. sp

Agreed.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back