Domain Empire

news .Shop and .Site extensions get approval from the Chinese government

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

News

Hand-picked NewsTop Member
Impact
The 2 new extensions got government approval from China’s Ministry of Industry and Information Technology today and join .Club, .Vip and .XYZ that got approved in early December.
Approval means that owners of these domain names within China can now apply for the relevant local license to allow their domains to be hosted in the country.
Previously to these 5 extensions, only Verisign (.COM, .NET) had been awarded approval as a non-Chinese registry...
Read More

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Thanks Great News...Hope they also approve .GURU As China also known for Spirituality.

•••
Thanks Great News...Hope they also approve .GURU As China also known for Spirituality.

I'm not sure .Guru have submitted an application but yeah it would be great if they did. I know that .Global have submitted as well and are waiting approval.

•••
I hope that .ws steps up soon and gets a China approval also. I think that the .ws ( seen as "website") could be the best of them all in China and we own some of the very best pinyin names in that extension re:
fangdichan.ws ( "real estate") among others like it so we'll see. Thanks for this post and Happy New Year!

•••
Chinese investors will buy in large quantities

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back