Dynadot
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Just wondering what the general thoughts are about whether the recent trend to legalize marijuana will boost the prices of pot-related domains?

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
More rhetorical than sarcastic, though it's kind of funny you think it is a silly or dangerous notion.
The answer is of course the market will change and that past/current sales won't predict it. How can they? At some point a new need arises, the market changes, and new domains start selling. Regging ahead of that need is speculative I know (similar to regging holo, vr, ar domains atm).
I'm aiming more at the lounges/smoke rooms, geocannabis, and brandables because the generics are long gone. I do understand the risks and honestly appreciate a voice of reason and advice but the blanket statement with the stink attached was lame.

My man, if you want to focus on the stuff that may sell one day as opposed to the stuff that is selling today, power to you. I've said it many times before -- I hope we all succeed.

•••
Seriously, you guys have become collectors instead of investors. Good luck keeping up with your renewal fees. You'll all learn the hard way, just like your boy Wiggins did.

Our boy Wiggins? What you expect to accomplish with that comment, Boutilier?

You have no idea what's going on. Family/health/unforseen events happen that put posting useless crap like yours on the back burner. I never once saw Lee critisize anyone. However he always offered to help me with things. Your the boy, he's the man. Only a coward kicks a man when he is down.

I suppose you would feel the same way about the other members that were regging 20 names a day. Why don't you tell them now they are destined to fail?

Now i am off to hand reg a dope name. I call it dope. I smoke dope and i eat dope.

Like our boy Boutilier, I wish you all success

•••
Our boy blah blah blah blah blah blah

Now i am off to hand reg a dope name. I call it dope. I smoke dope and i eat dope.

Again, I did nothing but commend him for having his little firesale and getting out of the game. He was simply an example of the many of people here who tried and failed at the mass hand registration game. I have nothing against the guy, and if he is having family issues, I feel for him. As for kicking him while he's down, I kicked nobody. I used him as an example, and the reason that I did is because he was smart enough to get out of the game.

Yet again, no drama here. Move along, and smoke some of that dope, because you really need to chill out.

If anybody would like to discuss further, please feel free to send me a PM. I'm all for constructive conversation, but some people are a bit too high strung to continue this in the public forum.

Last edited:
•••
and what you said was very constructive.
Lee is around. You don't even need to login to read this crap.
I hope your not mentoring anyone

And for the record I am an assh0le, I can be rude, insulting, maybe in person a bit sadistic, but if someone shows me respect I will do the same in return.
Just reg a 5 word domain name lol

And ya I am a user, but medicinally for the side effects of the chemo. I prefer hashish and indica at night to help with the sleep. So if you dont like it FU2

And i don't touch alcohol. You think I am a prick now, hah

Last edited:
•••
and what you said was very constructive.
Lee is around. You don't even need to login to read this crap.
I hope your not mentoring anyone

And for the record I am an assh0le, I can be rude, insulting, maybe in person a bit sadistic, but if someone shows me respect I will do the same in return.
Just reg a 5 word domain name lol

And ya I am a user, but medicinally for the side effects of the chemo. I prefer hashish and indica at night to help with the sleep. So if you dont like it FU2

And i don't touch alcohol. You think I am a prick now, hah

Lee can read this all he wants. I did nothing but commend him for getting out of the game.

You talk about respect. For the record, I have never disrespected you. I have never said anything bad about you. I certainly have never sent you a vulgar PM like the one you just sent me.

You say 'So if you dont like it FU2'. What leads you to believe I don't like that you are a user? Why would I care at all? My friend, I'm sorry to hear about the chemo, and commend you as well for choosing a natural solution as opposed to pharmaceutical crap, but some of the stuff you are saying is coming out of left field.

Good luck.

•••
^
Once it gets to 5 comments in a row that have zero to do with the thread topic, stop, please.
Yammering like this is so damn childish.

•••
•••
Hey guys, need a little advice here.

I reached out to a company on a cold email about CannabisNetworking dot com and received a reply stating "thank you for reaching out to us, how much are you asking for the domain?"

So, I am looking for some advice on where a good starting point on negotiations would be for this domain. I just picked it up and haven't had much time to research and put together a rough idea of worth, but figured I could get some rough estimates from you guys here real quick. Let me know what your thoughts are, this will be my first potential sale so any advice is welcome and appreciated.

•••
If possible, try to always have the interested party make the first bid. That being said, I think the name is a good one and could get you xxx with an enduser. The 'ing' hurts the value but 'networking' is still a decent keyword.
good luck Twake, and keep us updated on the negotiation!

•••
ocdab(s) dot com with coupons

bright yellow laffy taffyB-)B-)

•••
•••
HandRegged MiamiBlunt.com early this morning.

•••
•••
http://www.ganjapreneur.com/washing...s-during-first-year-of-legal-marijuana-sales/
I think Colorado did $76mil in tax revenue first year. Imagine what California's revenue first-year will be!

Since Washington launched its recreational marijuana market a year ago, some 160 pot shops have opened up across the state, sales have grown to more than $1.4 million a day, and the state has raked in more than $70 million in tax revenue, beating out its own forecasts.

Despite this, retailers, processors and growers have complained since the beginning of excessive federal and state tax burdens. James Lathrop, the owner of Seattle’s first pot shop, says that “I’m basically doing this for free. Nobody’s gone out of business, but I’m not driving a new truck either.”

Life might be about to get easier for those in the industry, though, as two new laws go into effect this month. One regulates and taxes medical marijuana, and another changes the current three-tier excise tax to one 37 percent tax.

The law states that the new tax is the responsibility of the customer, rather than the retailer, which means that stores won’t have to file such earnings as income on tax returns.

Of course, as Oregon’s own retail industry kicks off, retailers near Washington’s southern border may have to worry about losing customers to Portland stores. Rick Garza, director of Washington’s Liquor Control Board, says such concerns aren’t new: “This isn’t the first time people have gone to Oregon to buy something either because it’s cheaper or because they don’t apply sales tax,” he said. “We saw it for liquor, we see it for tobacco.”

Source:

http://www.syracuse.com/us-news/ind...s_70_million_in_new_taxes_for_washington.html

•••
Thanks for the advice 420. Will update after negotiations.
Also, it is an end user.

•••
•••
Ohio group submits signatures to get legalization vote on the ballot this November.

"Commercial marijuana could only be grown at 10 sites owned by campaign investors...."

Oh hell no, I wouldn't vote for that crap no matter how much I wanted it legal, and it looks like lawmakers are trying to head them off because of it. I can't post links but it's in the article ("lawmakers have proposed their own constitutional amendment") so that monopolies can't be voted into the states constitution.

Hopefully they can change the language to something legit without having to go completely back to the drawing board or they'll be waiting for 2016 after all.

•••
added dot coms
ohiodabs
dabsvegas
terpist

•••
•••
Sold my first 420*****.com name today.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
Has anyone registered anything with Puff in it?

Some of the ones I've regged recently:
CannabisCarriers
CBDBoss
NorcalCBD
OnlineCannabisSchool
PlatinumTHC
TheMarijuanaCenter
BlazedTV
(all .com)

I have some others, but I don't think they're good enough to post.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back