Dynadot
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Just wondering what the general thoughts are about whether the recent trend to legalize marijuana will boost the prices of pot-related domains?

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Statement from FDA Commissioner Scott Gottlieb, M.D., on signing of the Agriculture Improvement Act and the agency’s regulation of products containing cannabis and cannabis-derived compounds
Today, the Agriculture Improvement Act of 2018 was signed into law. Among other things, this new law changes certain federal authorities relating to the production and marketing of hemp, defined as cannabis (Cannabis sativa L.), and derivatives of cannabis with extremely low (less than 0.3 percent on a dry weight basis) concentrations of the psychoactive compound delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC). These changes include removing hemp from the Controlled Substances Act, which means that it will no longer be an illegal substance under federal law...
Source

Cheers
Corey

•••
https://m.sevendaysvt.com/vermont/the-cannabis-catch-up-the-big-reveal/Content?oid=24333985

Press the " here " in the article it brights you to the 14 page report that will be used as a guideline.

Vermont : looks like it's going to land on 5 different permitts, grower; extract; retailers: edibles: transporter. Looks like its comparable too Michigan, small grows. Larger players transitioned in later.

This was approved via legislative initiative in the Fall. I'd think a tangible business in the Fall of 2019.

•••
rs=h:650,cg:true

HashPhoria dot com
RebelHash dot com

•••
Anyone else notice a nice jump in domain views compared to a few days ago?
(I'm hoping to get a sale soon. I guess we'll see.)

•••
Anyone else notice a nice jump in domain views compared to a few days ago?
(I'm hoping to get a sale soon. I guess we'll see.)

Yes, but likely just other domainers, IMO...

•••
•••
Some of my Niche Related and/or Brandables

Extension is .com unless listed
i Weed
The Smoke Stop
Bakers Leaf
Boston Buzz
Miss Buzz
Ride Buzz
Good Time Lounge
420 Lounge
High And Wild
My Toke
Leaf To Go
Leaf Bits
Mary Mix

Weed .uno
420 .clothing
420 .tips
Hemp .lighting

•••
Some of my Niche Related and/or Brandables

Extension is .com unless listed
i Weed
The Smoke Stop
Bakers Leaf
Boston Buzz
Miss Buzz
Ride Buzz
Good Time Lounge
420 Lounge
High And Wild
My Toke
Leaf To Go
Leaf Bits
Mary Mix

Weed .uno
420 .clothing
420 .tips
Hemp .lighting

420/Lounge and i/Weed...great names, IMO...hope you make a mint!

•••
•••
GD auction just ended -
CBDkcup,com - $961
CBDkcups,com - $960

Not me!

•••
GD auction just ended -
CBDkcup,com - $961
CBDkcups,com - $960

Not me!

Noticed those on GD expired auctions, along with the reverse versions. Seems Keurig has a lock on multiple TM usages for kcup/s, so not sure they are wise purchases, IMO. Perhaps I'm missing something...?

•••
Noticed those on GD expired auctions, along with the reverse versions. Seems Keurig has a lock on multiple TM usages for kcup/s, so not sure they are wise purchases, IMO. Perhaps I'm missing something...?
Which is why I wasn't going to pay more than $50 for them. Those could be one's they'd come for, imo.

•••
Which is why I wasn't going to pay more than $50 for them. Those could be one's they'd come for, imo.

Agreed...precisely why I stayed away altogether. Not worth the risk IMO...but maybe I'm not understanding, or just reading too much into the TMs.

•••
Agreed...precisely why I stayed away altogether. Not worth the risk IMO...but maybe I'm not understanding, or just reading too much into the TMs.

I dropped them if my memory is correct. Not exactly sure on the cbd ones but I dropped alot , I got rid of all my k cup stuff. Keurig ( green mountain ) has a lock on these marks.

I had around 30 of kcup; canna; leaf; cannabis etc, a bunch of them.

Keurig works with liscences and such. But I felt that it was a stretch to just own them. Let alone get a buyer who could approach Kurig with a idea and not get sued. They own kcup end of story.

After a few run issues with large multi national companies I drop anything that resembles a TM.

What's interesting is I kept things like single serving and other names that are roundabouts in the k cup arena. I remember going into a Fresh Market and studying the semantics and roundabouts others used in the space in wording and semantics. Kept the pod ones that I thought were clean. I don't like problems.

Green Mountain also got sued for the chips they put into the machine. It was a marketing disaster for them. People thought it was a stretch. It was.

Keurig had Patents up until a few years back even on the k cup capsule concept. That was litigated and they lost. That's why you see other k cup type products in the market. The Trademarks held strong and it was determined kcup was a legit mark, but the idea of kcups wasn't .

That being said I could use the $2000 in those cbd kcup sales, oh well.

Last edited:
•••
I dropped them if my memory is correct. I got rid of all my k cup stuff. Keurig ( green mountain ) has a lock on these marks.

After a few run issues with large multi national companies I drop anything that resembles a TM.

What's interesting is I kept things like single serving and other names that are roundabouts in the k cup arena. I remember going into a Fresh Market and studying the semantics and roundabouts others used in the space in wording and semantics. Kept the pod ones that I thought were clean. I don't like problems.

Green Mountain also got sued for the chips they put into the machine. It was a marketing disaster for them. People thought it was a stretch. It was.

Keurig had Patents up until a few years back even on the k cup capsule concept. That was litigated and they lost. That's why you see other k cup type products in the market. The Trademarks held strong and it was determined kcup was a legit mark, but the idea of kcups wasn't .

The initial regs are questionable, but you made the right decision dropping them, IMO.

That aside, the likely reason they reached those prices is due to the expired auction platform. Much different than if a domainer simply had them listed at regular auction. In an expired auction setting, folks are prone to emotional bidding, which often results in a bidding war and causes overspending.

Oddly, many folks don't mind spending that kind of money on expired auctions, rather than buying direct for the same money from fellow domainers. The flip side to that being many domainers are unlikely to accept a price like that, thinking they can get far more. It's the back-and-forth tail chasing struggle between domainers that happens all too often...IMO.

•••
I dropped them if my memory is correct. Not exactly sure on the cbd ones but I dropped alot , I got rid of all my k cup stuff. Keurig ( green mountain ) has a lock on these marks.

Keurig works with liscences and such. But I felt that it was a stretch to just own them. Let alone get a buyer who could approach Kurig with a idea and not get sued. They own kcup end of story.

Hmmm...this is all interesting...

I just checked on UPSTO and Trademarkia, and it seems that 'k-cup' and 'k-cups' are TM'd, but not 'kcup'/'kcups'.

So guess this may not hold up now - They own kcup end of story.

I just may be a happy camper now. :)

(I already sold marijuanakcups,com earlier this year.)

•••
Seems Keurig has a lock on multiple TM usages for kcup/s, so not sure they are wise purchases,
Going on what I noted prior about 'kcup(s)' not being TM'd, the buyer may have actually hit a - solid triple.

•••
•••
Budweiser and Tilray partnering to study cannabis drinks | The GrowthOp
The companies will invest $50 million for research

Cheers
Corey

•••
Registered
  • CannabisDrink.com.au
  • CannabisDrinks.com.au
Cheers
Corey

•••
Hmmm...this is all interesting...

I just checked on UPSTO and Trademarkia, and it seems that 'k-cup' and 'k-cups' are TM'd, but not 'kcup'/'kcups'.

So guess this may not hold up now - They own kcup end of story.

I just may be a happy camper now. :)

(I already sold marijuanakcups,com earlier this year.)
A TM for kcup and k-cup are the same. It’s that whole, confusingly similar thing...

•••
Going on what I noted prior about 'kcup(s)' not being TM'd, the buyer may have actually hit a - solid triple.

Odds are better to hit a double....double udrp. Waste of money, IMO. Time will tell...

•••
k cups...prefer C, B, D cups..okay a cheap attempt at humor/humour

Was going to include a image of a K cup..

•••
CBD/cupcafe/com
D/cupcafe/com
CBD/juiceMix/com
Canna/juiceMix/com
Cannabis/juiceMix/com
CB/DrinkMix/com

Gracias Amigos / Amigas

Last edited:
•••
https://www.law360.com/cases/53908cd1767a7c5d00000001

This is a example of the litigation over k-cups, and single serving pods. This apparently is endless. This one is a ongoing anti trust suit.

Note the complexity of the lawsuit. This space is heavily defended. I'd fear getting embroiled in any suit like this. The space is easily copied and litigated aggressively.

I got the k-cup and kcup domains 3 or 4 years ago. And dropped them a year? After I researched them more.

Look at the complexity of this lawsuit. Its not directly involving TM , this is over control of the " standard " in how pods fit into a Kurig machine. This is goin after the pod.

I'd think that regardless of any litigation the TM would stand in K-cups.

The last set of Patents that Kurig lost involved a monopoly involving exclusive use of their pods on their machine. Machine based Patent.

This k-cups, kcups is a great study in the defense of patents and TM, now anti trust.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back