NameSilo
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Just wondering what the general thoughts are about whether the recent trend to legalize marijuana will boost the prices of pot-related domains?

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
BUDD is not an actual word, CANNA is and it is relevant to the industry.
Did not take an established brand, just got a club for cannabis in Canada, that's all.
Not here to argue or belabor the point.
If they win they win, if not, it was never intended to be a whiskey and it is unique on its own merits.
Canna has nothing to do with the industry. It's just a clever way to shorten the actual word "cannabis".

Do what you want but it's cybersquatting. The intent on your end is good I'm sure but it is what it is.

•••
freedom30 do you intend to develop the name?

Cheers
Corey
...once Cannabis is legalized properly in Canada, and it is not illegal to purchase or use as such, I do not see where it is beyond my or anyone else's capacity to make legitimate use of the name in this "new" industry...

•••
I appreciate that, but it IS a club that will use the name.
Honestly, there is no bad faith relating to its use or acquisition.
I feel confident about it.

I think you're missing the bigger picture. It's not us you need to convince. The question you need to ask yourself is whether or not your argument can convince a UDRP panel, if it ever came to that. You may never have an issue with it, but why take the risk, IMO.

In the end, do what you want. It's a gamble either way.

...gl with the name.

•••
...I appreciate all the timely advice that has been given to me by those that may be more aware than I am.

At some point, it may or may not be considered unique enough and the trepidation you guys exhibited regarding the name may or may not be valid, but you have given me something that was not on my radar when I regged it.
A blessing or a curse, it was meant to be branded for one purpose and one purpose only, and that is the cannabis industry.

I will have to contemplate the strength of the domain name with this data that you guys have provided. I thank you for your kind concern about that!...

•••
•••
Just handregged Sativactory
In com ofc

•••
Sold an "Edible" name in the Kingdom...they hit the "buy it now" button for over $7.5k
I hand-reg the name with a $3 GD coupon a couple years ago :xf.cool:.

•••
registered in king

chibacherry
jiverecipe
montpeliercanna

Cheers
Corey

•••
Sold an "Edible" name in the Kingdom...they hit the "buy it now" button for over $7.5k
I hand-reg the name with a $3 GD coupon a couple years ago :xf.cool:.

Huge sale man, congrats!

•••
I just regged another Million Dollar domain!

CANNA.Shopping
Canna Senses plant.jpg

•••
•••
call me crazy

AlsoCannabis.com
AteWeed.com
BadCannabis.com
BansWeed.com
BetCannabis.com
BetMarijuana.com
BetsMarijuana.com
BetsWeed.com
BobsCannabis.com
BodyCannabis.com
BodyWeed.com
BurnMarijuana.com
BuysWeed.com
CabCannabis.com
CalmCannabis.com
CannabisAcre.com
CannabisBans.com
CannabisComa.com
CannabisDebt.com
CannabiSell.com
CannabisFail.com
CannabisFee.com
CannabisFees.com
CannabisForm.com
CannabisLad.com
CannabisLot.com
CannabisMeme.com
CannabisPerk.com
CannabisPope.com
CannabisSell.com
CannabisTool.com
ChewMarijuana.com
ChopWeed.com
DenyWeed.com
DopeMarijuana.com
DropCannabis.com
DropMarijuana.com
EarnWeed.com
HateWeed.com
LabMarijuana.com
MarijuanaBans.com
MarijuanaDebt.com
MarijuanaFail.com
MarijuanaSlot.com
MarijuanaSwab.com
MarijuanaWage.com
OffWeed.com
Oralweed.com
OvenWeed.com
PopeWeed.com
SoldWeed.com
TaxiWeed.com
THCname.com
ThyCannabis.com
WeedAcre.com
WeedAlly.com
WeedBans.com
WeedBulk.com
WeedComa.com
WeedDebt.com
WeedDial.com
WeedFail.com
WeedFee.com
WeedMalt.com
WeedPip.com
WeedPope.com
WeedSwab.com
WetCannabis.com

•••
•••
call me crazy

AlsoCannabis.com
AteWeed.com
BadCannabis.com
BansWeed.com
BetCannabis.com
BetMarijuana.com
BetsMarijuana.com
BetsWeed.com
BobsCannabis.com
BodyCannabis.com
BodyWeed.com
BurnMarijuana.com
BuysWeed.com
CabCannabis.com
CalmCannabis.com
CannabisAcre.com
CannabisBans.com
CannabisComa.com
CannabisDebt.com
CannabiSell.com
CannabisFail.com
CannabisFee.com
CannabisFees.com
CannabisForm.com
CannabisLad.com
CannabisLot.com
CannabisMeme.com
CannabisPerk.com
CannabisPope.com
CannabisSell.com
CannabisTool.com
ChewMarijuana.com
ChopWeed.com
DenyWeed.com
DopeMarijuana.com
DropCannabis.com
DropMarijuana.com
EarnWeed.com
HateWeed.com
LabMarijuana.com
MarijuanaBans.com
MarijuanaDebt.com
MarijuanaFail.com
MarijuanaSlot.com
MarijuanaSwab.com
MarijuanaWage.com
OffWeed.com
Oralweed.com
OvenWeed.com
PopeWeed.com
SoldWeed.com
TaxiWeed.com
THCname.com
ThyCannabis.com
WeedAcre.com
WeedAlly.com
WeedBans.com
WeedBulk.com
WeedComa.com
WeedDebt.com
WeedDial.com
WeedFail.com
WeedFee.com
WeedMalt.com
WeedPip.com
WeedPope.com
WeedSwab.com
WetCannabis.com

Welcome to the forum.

I personally don't see any value, but that's just me. You might try developing a couple if any receive traffic.

Stick with the aftermarket, drops, expired auctions, and names that make sense. For the same or similar amount of money wasted on these you could have purchased a couple quality names, maybe even a few quality names, IMO.

...gl with the names.

•••
Welcome to the forum.

I personally don't see any value, but that's just me. You might try developing a couple if any receive traffic.

Stick with the aftermarket, drops, expired auctions, and names that make sense. For the same or similar amount of money wasted on these you could have purchased a couple quality names, maybe even a few quality names, IMO.

...gl with the names.

Thank you for your opinion!

They are mainly to start an upcomming cannabis domain marketplace.

SkinnyWeed.com didnt seem like a good name either but got sold for high $XX,XXX ;)

2-word brandables in the cannabis niche are going for an average $200-500 right now and will keep going up as more states and countries become legalized.

•••
Thank you for your opinion!

They are mainly to start an upcomming cannabis domain marketplace.

SkinnyWeed.com didnt seem like a good name either but got sold for high $XX,XXX ;)

2-word brandables in the cannabis niche are going for an average $200-500 right now and will keep going up as more states and countries become legalized.
I would drop all but 2-3.

•••
•••
If someone here keeps making $125 offer on a weed name at a marketplace, pm me

•••
Completed a healthy xx,xxx deal for a few domains a mix of keyword and brandables all hand reg's. Still in negotiations so I can't go into details.

I think 2017 is going to be an awesome year for us mj domainers!

•••
Completed a healthy xx,xxx deal for a few domains a mix of keyword and brandables all hand reg's. Still in negotiations so I can't go into details.

I can't wait to see the details... or at least get more info. Congrats!

•••

Sweeet!
Banger of a sale C! Congrats, was this the guy from a couple months ago or new dude?

@domain.investor
Welcome!
Just so you know, this sale is not representative of your average sale in this niche. McDuke has been investing and researching this vertical for years, he was able to grab some fantastic names before the rush. In comparison, your names are largely nonsensical. To be fair, I felt skinnyweed was also nonsensical but it turns out to be a trending thing (not to mention Keith is a PRO and knows how to negotiate). Regardless, one fantastic sale that seems risky to you is no reason to buy risky. Not sure if your registrar allows for a "grace delete" but if so it would be very wise to get your money back and look to the aftermarket or the auctions right here on NP. If you can't get your $ back, no worries man, almost all of us started by buying names that we thought sounded fantastic but are truly, unfortunately, worthless. Ask @McDuke how many names he has dropped over the years, ask @Keith! In my case, about 30-40% of my 800 names will be dropped... many of these names I have renewed for a couple years. Worthless for years in a row is no longer worthless but now I'm killing my ROI when I do make sales. This is a difficult game to enter and survive, the majority of "domainers" are making zero money, losing money in fact. I wish you luck but @Keith is correct, you have only 2-3 names here that are worth keeping. Sell those for $100 each reinvest wisely after reading the first few hundred pages of this thread. Good luck my man, this is a fun niche to play in, all you need is 5 really good names and you will succeed, imo.

Last edited:
•••
Yes, I have dropped a lot of hand reg's and I'm still dropping some.

It was easy to buy bad names when they were 0.99$ ea. :)

As I said years ago in this thread, every domainer will go through this learning experience. Some prevail some don't.

•••
It was easy to buy bad names when they were 0.99$ ea. :)
It still is easy...I definitely have some names that I shouldn't have registered.

Last edited:
•••
The biggest thing to remember is all the old dogs are right! It is better to buy a good 1,000$ name than register 100 names @ 10$ etc. Especially for this niche because the majority of value .com names have been registered.

•••
Sweeet!
Banger of a sale C! Congrats, was this the guy from a couple months ago or new dude?

@domain.investor
Welcome!
Just so you know, this sale is not representative of your average sale in this niche. McDuke has been investing and researching this vertical for years, he was able to grab some fantastic names before the rush. In comparison, your names are largely nonsensical. To be fair, I felt skinnyweed was also nonsensical but it turns out to be a trending thing (not to mention Keith is a PRO and knows how to negotiate). Regardless, one fantastic sale that seems risky to you is no reason to buy risky. Not sure if your registrar allows for a "grace delete" but if so it would be very wise to get your money back and look to the aftermarket or the auctions right here on NP. If you can't get your $ back, no worries man, almost all of us started by buying names that we thought sounded fantastic but are truly, unfortunately, worthless. Ask @McDuke how many names he has dropped over the years, ask @Keith! In my case, about 30-40% of my 800 names will be dropped... many of these names I have renewed for a couple years. Worthless for years in a row is no longer worthless but now I'm killing my ROI when I do make sales. This is a difficult game to enter and survive, the majority of "domainers" are making zero money, losing money in fact. I wish you luck but @Keith is correct, you have only 2-3 names here that are worth keeping. Sell those for $100 each reinvest wisely after reading the first few hundred pages of this thread. Good luck my man, this is a fun niche to play in, all you need is 5 really good names and you will succeed, imo.

Thank you for your opinion and knowledge!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back